Bulletstorm: Bulletpoints With Cliff Bleszinski

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Claptrap was inspired and artistic stuff, this is kindergarden bull****. Mike Capps in the other video looks like a total pervert homo, the other chick with the writer total morons... these guys have totally lost it and I don't think that such immature bull**** helps the hype or the potential sales. On the contrary it shows how lame Epic became with the years. John Carmack, Todd Hollenshead, Kevin Cloud, George Broussard, Scott Miller, Tom Hall, Randy Pitchford, Craig Hubbard, Ken Levine, Harvey Smith, etc, etc... no one would do the monkey like these guys do... not even John Romero who is the craziest of all.

u mad, son?

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Claptrap was inspired and artistic stuff, this is kindergarden bull****. Mike Capps in the other video looks like a total pervert homo, the other chick with the writer total morons... these guys have totally lost it and I don't think that such immature bull**** helps the hype or the potential sales.

I can't say I could agree with any of that. I just think what they're doing is rather unfunny.

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
I guess irony is lost on some forum users.

I actually think these clips are quite funny.

I'd prefer it though if they showed the PC version had had some special Epic TLC, to justify why PC gamers should grab it.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Claptrap was inspired and artistic stuff, this is kindergarden -snip -

I can't say I could agree with any of that. I just think what they're doing is rather unfunny.

have to agree... if they were funny i'd give props, but most unfunny 2nd grade toilet humor doesnt rate for a mature rated fps...

it's actually a commentary on the entertainment scene in general, and what passes for comedy these daze. but thats another un-funny thread :) happy new year!

Last edited:

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Claptrap was inspired and artistic stuff, this is kindergarden bull****. Mike Capps in the other video looks like a total pervert homo, the other chick with the writer total morons... these guys have totally lost it and I don't think that such immature bull**** helps the hype or the potential sales. On the contrary it shows how lame Epic became with the years. John Carmack, Todd Hollenshead, Kevin Cloud, George Broussard, Scott Miller, Tom Hall, Randy Pitchford, Craig Hubbard, Ken Levine, Harvey Smith, etc, etc... no one would do the monkey like these guys do... not even John Romero who is the craziest of all.

I agree the claptrap stuff was better ...but it also had nothing to with the game and was a way for the developers to do something with the IP besides trailers to keep the game in the minds of players!

I take it with the grain of salt that it was meant to be taken with....I like that the developers are trying to connect with the community in a different kind of way!

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
have to agree... if they were funny i'd give props, but most unfunny 2nd grade toilet humor doesnt rate for a mature rated fps...

My point also, I'm all for this type of marketing, I totally get that they are aiming for a sort of 'duke nukem' audience, I just didn't think it was funny is all. The latest cliffy clip, however, is bang on the mark for me and made me smile, rather than grimace.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The latest cliffy clip, however, is bang on the
mark for me and made me smile, rather than grimace.

Agreed. I liked the first (Mike Capps) and most recent one. The shooting out a man's ass was just... *wince*

I personally liked the "feel" of the humor in Borderlands. It was goofy and charming without chasing the raunch and shock angle. Bulletstorm feels like the younger sibling who is just trying too hard. The gameplay clips look fun, yet I still have reservations about whether or not the mechanics will hold my attention span until the end.