BuF Favorites: UT2004 Skins & Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
make this plz!

klanasca or however u spell youor name HELP!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: PLZ I WANT u to make modles of every single person(except eggman) in sonic heros plz i would be sooooo great full or if u cant do that then plz make a like t rew modle like dynoschis or whatever it is called plz(sry i was trying out smileys) :trans: :instagib: :hammer: :sniper: :enforcer: :shock: :shock: :eek2: :rl: :ripper: :Pulse: :man: :cake: :minigun: :chainsaw: :lock:

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
man do it for once

ok how do i get those things on my name ir thise oics whatever and can some one make a digimon or sonic modle tere has been millions of post ansd i saw ones from abotu a year ago and no one has done anything about it sary if i am mean but really man cant u do it for some one really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: i wonder...................................................................................................................any way cya and sorry for the trouble but guys come on work it and i no it takes time

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
all i wasnt is a simple sonic modle spider man modle metriod modle with gun on hand or a mario modle and thats all but u guys if u will make one can take your pick

SNIPER_HUNTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2005
Florida
I think skins like brian from famliy guy are sh-ly! I think people who make skins should make them look like they are supposed to if they were make from a tv show or movie.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
my issue is it looks Great, but play the game that model is unviewable, it's default colours are GRAY, in UT2K4 your not gonna see that, and personally the team colours on it aren't much better.

SNIPER_HUNTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2005
Florida
Scumgrief said:
This is the place to compile a list of great custom models & skins for UT2004. This should be a really helpful resource for those that want the best custom character content. Rather than searching for the random thread about one model, let's put 'em all here.

If you find a skin/model that you really like using or seeing online, give this thread a bump with the name of the skin or model, a link to information and/or download, and possibly a screenshot. If a particular model has any quirks or anything, an explanation on how to get it working properly would be appreciated. That said, if a model has too many problems, it probably doesn't rock, right? :)

Try to post the really good stuff. No skins or models without teamskin support. No invisible or really craptastic skins, unless they're pure comedy value (and even then, make sure it's worth it ;) ).

Good sites to hunt for skins & models
Skin City
-take note of the UT2003 skins that work with UT2004
Polycount
Level editing, modelling, & skinning forum @ Atari
User maps & mods: Releases @ Atari
http://www.ut2003hq.com skins & models sections
For those of you with RSS readers, check out the RSS Feed from the User Maps & Mods forum @ Atari

Installing Custom Characters
To install the following skins & models with ease, download Swedix's UT2004Mi. It will speed up the process of installing a crapload of skins a LOT. Plus you get a cache manager, file compressor, demo manager, etc. Great tool.

How they work
In order for someone else to see your custom skin online, they have to have the skin installed on their computer as well. Most servers won't push skins to the clients, so if your buddies want to see what you're wearing, direct them to this thread.

Sharing models on your server
If you're a server admin & want to push custom skins to your clients, please see the instructions attached to the bottom of this post. Thank you to the folks at http://www.unrealadmin.org for figuring out the details & JaFO for his bot manager.

Instructions on how to unlock Malcom, ClanLord, & Xan skins
If you've been wondering how to get the 3 skins that are hidden even after you beat the single player game countless times, try this:

Open User.ini in Notepad & look for the following:

[GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
TotalUnlockedCharacters=

change it to:

[GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan

If it doesn't already exist, add it to the bottom of the INI file

Taunt Animations & Voice Taunts
To better help you test all the in-game character features (voices & animation), here's pretty much all you need to know about taunt animations & voices. Well, at least some of what you want - here's more!

A note from Lotus, maker of UTComp
As you might notice, playing on UTComp servers with some custom skins/models will cause the character to turn different colors (99% of the time, white) when brightskins are enabled. Here's what Lotus had to say on the subject:

Skins which are made non-standard (aka, not Textures) like the default skins produced by epic will sometimes be caused to turn completely white. So, custom models which are non-standard (once again, not standard textures) are automatically disabled and set to your fallback character (arclite by default) when using brightened skins.

There are no exceptions made for ECE skins or anything like that, it is just a check for whether or not the skins are TEXTURES like the standard skins included by epic.

Addendum:
Project Torlan Guide to Custom UPL Files and Online Connectivity Issues. In case you have issues getting some of the following skins to work online.

[size=+2]The BuF Favorites: UT2004 Skins & Models List[/size]
Please report dead/moved links!

[size=+1]A[/size][size=+1]B[/size][size=+1]C[/size][size=+1]D[/size][size=+1]E[/size][size=+1]F[/size][size=+1]G[/size][size=+1]H[/size][size=+1]J[/size][size=+1]K[/size][size=+1]L[/size][size=+1]M[/size][size=+1]N[/size][size=+1]O[/size][size=+1]P[/size][size=+1]R[/size][size=+1]S[/size][size=+1]T[/size][size=+1]U[/size][size=+1]W[/size][size=+1]Z[/size]If any of these links are dead, PM me and let me know.
It will be helpful to provide the new link, if available.

Remember the criteria for consideration:
1) Must be 100% UT2004 compatible (no UT2003 skins w/out vehicle animations)
2) MUST have proper team colors
3) Must play nice with Anti-TCC, UTSecure, & SafeGame security checks
4) No bugs, no online incompatibilities
5) Must not suck (ie: no invisible skins or horrid hack jobs)

I'd like to thank Hanover_Fist & spineblaZe for keeping me interested in digging for new skins - we're always trying to one-up each other & find new ones & it's a blast :)

Also props to the modellers for doing what they do. Keep up the good work - it makes this game a lot more enjoyable. :cool:
man that's alot of skins. I got a few and some from your long list. thanks for the cool skins.:D :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
edit.gif

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
i am sry i hate myself

Scumgrief said:
I'm not sure if it's mentioned previously in this thread, but be warned that UT2003 models, while equippable & usable in UT2004, are NOT completely UT2004 compatible. They will lack necessary animations such as vehicle animations, taunts, etc.

Also, shadow the one, please use a request forum for model requests. Be patient & respectful. There are few of us with the know-how to create quality models out there, and in most cases, they're already busy before your request came along. Be assured that they've seen your request. If somebody wants to take it upon themselves, they will. Otherwise, I'd suggest either patience or learning to model yourself. You get many, if not all, of the tools you need to model on the UT2004 disc. If you got the DVD version with tutorials, you're golden. I'm pretty sure you can find other resources out there to help you.

Also keep in mind that not many people will drop whatever project they're doing to do a Pikachu model anyway. :rolleyes:

sry man i am such a stfu:( :( :( i hate myself! i no it takes time and call me
shadow but anyway i just think it would be really cool to make those modles oh yeha and my upaint every time i click export to unreal it doesnt put it in there:( :( :( so i gave up on it and i dont have adobe thing so i cant do it that way either I!!!!!!!!!! HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE ME!!!!!! HATE!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!!!! HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ME!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
ME HATE ME!

Scumgrief said:
I'm not sure if it's mentioned previously in this thread, but be warned that UT2003 models, while equippable & usable in UT2004, are NOT completely UT2004 compatible. They will lack necessary animations such as vehicle animations, taunts, etc.

Also, shadow the one, please use a request forum for model requests. Be patient & respectful. There are few of us with the know-how to create quality models out there, and in most cases, they're already busy before your request came along. Be assured that they've seen your request. If somebody wants to take it upon themselves, they will. Otherwise, I'd suggest either patience or learning to model yourself. You get many, if not all, of the tools you need to model on the UT2004 disc. If you got the DVD version with tutorials, you're golden. I'm pretty sure you can find other resources out there to help you.

Also keep in mind that not many people will drop whatever project they're doing to do a Pikachu model anyway. :rolleyes:

i hate me more i hate me hate me hate me ME HATE ME