Brock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
And if Necris are as mortal as thay were in life well why makee them into Necris? Thay have to have some fun advantages over liveing people or othewise there would be no point in it. Theres got to be some fun stuff thay can do that no one else can do.
They do: Lifespans. The 2k4 Necris (Thannis and Kragoth) are both born well before even Unreal occurs - Thannis is 93 and Kragoth is 127. It's not sure if this is merely extended lifespan, or a state of stasis as long as Nanoblack is in their bodies.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I stopped caring about the Unreal story after the ones of Unreal 1 and RTNP. Then there are paradoxes and black holes everywhere, and DemoGuy doesn't help the situation.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
We in the Liandri Archives will keep trying to make the story accurate anyway, as far as the BU server lasts! I wonder if we shouldn't make an article on history overall? Would be pretty interesting, although long.

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Oh you mean this does matter now? Why would I play against someone with an ego like that, one of the main reasons I dont play online to be honest. Some people care more about story then fragcounts, get used to it because the future is coming...

Coop, coop, coop, coop :lol:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Oh you mean this does matter now? Why would I play against someone with an ego like that, one of the main reasons I dont play online to be honest. Some people care more about story then fragcounts, get used to it because the future is coming...

Coop, coop, coop, coop :lol:
Hey i don't play online either, i'm with you buddy. The only online i play is 2 games of UT99 per year and recently i've decided to play a bit at FragBU, but for the most part i'm a bot lover.

Although i think JD is quite modest when you consider his skillz. If anything he DESERVES an ego.

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Yeah true, he coulda hyped himself right up. I just dont see what him fragging anyone has to do with the topic.

Honestly there wasnt a great deal of arguing going on, just a nice clean discussion, one of the best BUF has seen in awhile. I dont think thats something to look down upon, it just so happens that the offliners perhaps hold an advantage on this turf because we care about more then just fragging people.

I never got into UT because it was an arena MP game, I got into it because of the story so without that its not much of a game MP or not!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yea, that was a nice discussion. Seems that there's no actual reason for UC to be in different universes, and that Brock is either the DemoGuy or searching for Gorge, and that in the time of Unreal Terrans probably had a not precise Jump Gate technology.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Yeah true, he coulda hyped himself right up. I just dont see what him fragging anyone has to do with the topic.

Honestly there wasnt a great deal of arguing going on, just a nice clean discussion, one of the best BUF has seen in awhile. I dont think thats something to look down upon, it just so happens that the offliners perhaps hold an advantage on this turf because we care about more then just fragging people.

I never got into UT because it was an arena MP game, I got into it because of the story so without that its not much of a game MP or not!
I got into unreal because of the gameplay myself. It just so happened that there was a decent back story attached.