Brock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
KillerSkaarj already said his timeline was wrong by saying "ignoring all official dates" :p

Kazimira, that prince was called Ne'Ban ;)

Dark Pulse, Brock might have tried killing Gorge earlier, and actually that could quite neatly explain his absence in UT3 (he's dead ;) ), and only Liandri isn't in rush of reviving Brock (Lauren's not dead yet, so they lost only one favourite), or the Necris process takes a lot of time, or Liandri just doesn't want to spend all that money yet (maybe Phayder gives discounts for more than one person necrification? ;) ). Cryogenic rooms should be a good alternative for the time of UT3. Also see that the post I mentioned doesn't conflict in any way with mono universe theory.

Thanks I knew part of the name sounded like sweeties but I coudnt for the life of me remember which bit or which sweets.

Thay say theres alot of time between Tournament games but sometimes it seems a little off with UC2 being so far into the future that Selket would be an infant at the time of UT3. That from the looks of it would take Malcolm well into retirement age even without getting his spine snaped.

We know that Lauren and Brock have to have won atleast one torunament ether together in thair team or one each sepratly.

The Phayder have to have established themselves as a major corp rather than being on an out of the way world and thay need a cople of worlds of thair own atleast which thay were probably getting in UT3 so it cant be to long for them to do that.

Malcolm needs to get defeated and seriously injerd with Brock on his team at the time. He also needs time to recuperate a bit.

Brock needs to go out and hunt down Gorge and get killed.Lauren neesd time to find out about this and then go nuts and kill herself.

Liandari need to gete the bodies and send them to the Phayder for being turned into the next Necris. But this has to be done quick before thay have been gone so long thay get forgotten about. Timeing comparissons can be used from wresteling here as its the most simeler thing.

Also Liandari seems to have messed up one investment involveing the Necris prosesss so thay have to have atleast had one sucsess before that or thay would never bother with it again if Calypso was thair first investment.

What keeps it from being anything longer than ten years into the future well Saphire got famous and not saggy, wrinkely and old.

Malcolm is old enough to retire and the injery he sufferd before would almost certainly make him retire more early if it's slowd him down so much.

Jusst looking at those facts and ignoreing the Selket thing i'd put it between five years and ten years after UT3 Defintly not 20 or so years if Selket was an infant at the time of UT3.

But theres probably an explanation for the little descrepanceies.

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Actually, Thanatos's post gives strong arguement that UC games are a parallel universe, unless Brock hasn't tried to avenge his defeat to Gorge yet... but why would he wait a number of years to do it? That wouldn't make sense.

It is, however, possible that it indeed hasn't happened yet - while her UC2 profile mentions her as a former champion, her UT3 profile doesn't.

I see where youre coming from I just dont like the fact people are quick to jump on the parallel universe theory for a scifi franchise. There is a thin line between scifi and fantasy at times, I dont think Unreal should cross it into total fantasy.

Brock might not have been able to find gorge, we havent seen him in some time also. Since brock was in the last tourney... Without this story the match between gorge and malcom (the grudge match) doesnt mean a great deal.

That match takes place in the liandri grand tournament!

The lead up to that is found in both UC and UT2003, malcom being on the injured roster in 2k4 so if they were alternate universes 2k4 is in that same one. It was the events of UC that lead lauren to join iron guard (along with brock) after malcoms injury, the team she is on in UT3, unless ofcoarse UT2003 never happened. In which case, malcom should still be champ!

Parallel universes just cause more problems then they are worth and pretty much anything can be explained away with fantasy.

Along with killing brock and injuring malcom, driving lauren to kill herself... Gorge, at the start of 2k4, kills damarus!

Last edited:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Who's to say Malcolm hasnt been injerd before? Also Lauren and Brock seem to swap alot between ironguard and thundercrash always keeping thair ironguard uniforms. Well thats before thay died and then well death must change things I guess.

Axon.Gorge

Feb 8, 2009
Yeah its possible but unless you remove gorge...

From UC2
* Gorge - Juggernaut

Birthplace: NeoChiba Research Creche 9
Gorge, a former inmate of the Allerian Penal Colony, savagely clawed his way through the tournament to the leader boards. Snapping Malcolm's winning streak, and his spine, in the tournament finals should have earned Gorge instant stardom and respect. However, his rough treatment of his fanbase negatively affected his ratings, and 'Gorgeamania' never quite caught on. Gorge is extremely irritated that Malcolm's fans still outnumber his, and that 'Malcolm Will Be Back' t-shirts are still everywhere at Tournament competitions.

Which is what I was saying about malcom still being the tournament champion in UT3. It would seem the liandri archives are missing some bios or maybe 2k4 just used the same ones from 2k3. Lauren, brock and malcom were on the same team. If UC is an alternate universe, malcom wouldnt be buddys with lauren in UT3.

Im fairly certain malcom being on the injured roster appears in 2k4! Something about him only making it back in time to be in the finals, since he's a former champ he gets let in so late.

Last edited:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com

Which is what I was saying about malcom still being the tournament champion in UT3. It would seem the liandri archives are missing some bios or maybe 2k4 just used the same ones from 2k3. Lauren, brock and malcom were on the same team. If UC is an alternate universe, malcom wouldnt be buddys with lauren in UT3.

Im fairly certain malcom being on the injured roster appears in 2k4! Something about him only making it back in time to be in the finals, since he's a former champ he gets let in so late.

Thay probably are buddies how do you think Izanagi came up with a deal so quick? Lauren met up with her uncle Malcolm and instant deal.

And the solution to the hole missing bio thing is getting them and putting them up when you know thay are acurate. I'm not shure what Liandari does about spoiler wrnings though or i'd have had stuff about the Necris homeworld up by now.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
but if these are the same universe, it's pretty unlikely Brock is dead, for the reasons above, because Lauren would follow him quick. And she ain't dead yet. :p

Well, another theory is that Brock's the DemoGuy. Although who knows if Liandri would let Lauren hear the news. Although I see another point - we don't know of any big defeat of Malcolm, so Brock probably doesn't have anything to avenge yet.

Jusst looking at those facts and ignoreing the Selket thing i'd put it between five years and ten years after UT3 Defintly not 20 or so years if Selket was an infant at the time of UT3.

Looks quite true, knowing that official sources say that UCs are not far in the future. However, with UC having all that story about invaders and such... It would seem like it's further in the future, but hey, maybe those aliens are just fast!

I see where youre coming from I just dont like the fact people are quick to jump on the parallel universe theory for a scifi franchise. There is a thin line between scifi and fantasy at times, I dont think Unreal should cross it into total fantasy.

The lead up to that is found in both UC and UT2003, malcom being on the injured roster in 2k4 so if they were alternate universes 2k4 is in that same one. It was the events of UC that lead lauren to join iron guard (along with brock) after malcoms injury, the team she is on in UT3, unless ofcoarse UT2003 never happened. In which case, malcom should still be champ!

Parallel universes just cause more problems then they are worth and pretty much anything can be explained away with fantasy.

You've really got point! Agreed! :tup:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com

It's quite possable for Gorge to snap Malcolms spine after UT3 because Mal could be winning before inact with the Thundercrash team with Lauren and Brock thay could easely have all got in thair wins before the back brakeing.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
The problem with this is that you're ignoring Selket's age. Jim Brown said she'd be an infant in UT3's time; Selket is 26 in UC2. This means that, being generous, UC2 must be at least 20 years after UT3, and no more than 25 or 26 years after it. Although, again, this doesn't explain things like why Malcolm is only in his 50s (though my theory is they slowed his aging process when they made him) or other things.

Last edited:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
The problem with this is that you're ignoring Selket's age. Jim Brown said she'd be an infant in UT3's time; Selket is 26 in UC2. This means that, being generous, UC2 must be at least 20 years after UT3, and no more than 25 or 26 years after it. Although, again, this doesn't explain things like why Malcolm is only in his 50s (though my theory is they slowed his aging process when they made him) or other things.

Selkets age is the only confuseing bit.

Also how did Saphire end up not saggy she must be almost all plastic by that point if we take Selkets age into account.

If thay said Selket was a teenage brat this would be alot more simple.

Look DP I agree with you on this but it seems to be Selkets age thats screwing everything up.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Selkets age is the only confuseing bit.

Also how did Saphire end up not saggy she must be almost all plastic by that point if we take Selkets age into account.

If thay said Selket was a teenage brat this would be alot more simple.

Look DP I agree with you on this but it seems to be Selkets age thats screwing everything up.
That's why I say Parallel universes.

The simple fact of the matter is that Selket is 26 in UC2. Period. Jim Brown, an epic employee, said Selket would be an infant during UT3. UT3, then, has to take place 20-26 years before UC2.

Therefore, Sapphire's age could be "explained away" by the following.

• Plastic Surgery. We can do this now; I see no reason we wouldn't be able to then, either.
  • Stasis of some kind. Cryostasis, etc. Something that'd dramatically slow her physical aging.
  • Similar "enhancements" to what Malcolm has, in all likelihood, in terms of slowing down the aging process.
  • Simply natural good looks. Some women do look younger than their age when they get older, you know. :p
  • Or, probably the real explanation... since it started as UT2005, most of the UT2k4 characters were naturals to put in, as it would've likely only been a year or two after 2k4, and by the time they changed their minds on it and made it its seperate game there was no time or desire to rehaul the character roster.
I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm just trying to rationalize the storyline for a game that really doesn't need a coherent story to work. :p

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
That's why I say Parallel universes.

The simple fact of the matter is that Selket is 26 in UC2. Period. Jim Brown, an epic employee, said Selket would be an infant during UT3. UT3, then, has to take place 20-26 years before UC2.

Therefore, Sapphire's age could be "explained away" by the following.

• Plastic Surgery. We can do this now; I see no reason we wouldn't be able to then, either.
  • Stasis of some kind. Cryostasis, etc. Something that'd dramatically slow her physical aging.
  • Similar "enhancements" to what Malcolm has, in all likelihood, in terms of slowing down the aging process.
  • Simply natural good looks. Some women do look younger than their age when they get older, you know. :p
  • Or, probably the real explanation... since it started as UT2005, most of the UT2k4 characters were naturals to put in, as it would've likely only been a year or two after 2k4, and by the time they changed their minds on it and made it its seperate game there was no time or desire to rehaul the character roster.
I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm just trying to rationalize the storyline for a game that really doesn't need a coherent story to work. :p

This is starting to get into the realms of whats more offishal(probably messed up that word) and whats not.

I do agree with Axon Gorge though that an alternate universe is not a good idea when stories go down that route and theres loads of alternate universes well unless its the plot that yes things like that happen it can start to make for some incredably odd plots. Ugh the things i've seen in odd plots...

Axon.Gorge

Feb 8, 2009
I still think the understanding that these may not be earth years is missing, I always got the impression nakhti (egyptians) were actually older then the age listed when compared with earth years.

Personally I do tend to lean towards the cyrostatis idea, in that, travel times from planet to planet using tradition methods (not teleporting which isnt actually shown ever in any UT) would mean people dont age vs flight time.

Really the biggest thing that doesnt work is the characters ages, I take those with a grain of salt usually because of relative time. If I was on mars Im pretty sure Id be half my age, that doesnt change what my age would be in earth years.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I still think the understanding that these may not be earth years is missing, I always got the impression nakhti (egyptians) were actually older then the age listed when compared with earth years.

Personally I do tend to lean towards the cyrostatis idea, in that, travel times from planet to planet using tradition methods (not teleporting which isnt actually shown ever in any UT) would mean people dont age vs flight time.

Really the biggest thing that doesnt work is the characters ages, I take those with a grain of salt usually because of relative time. If I was on mars Im pretty sure Id be half my age, that doesnt change what my age would be in earth years.

Thay have jump gates for long journies as shown with the hole travaling back to Omocron 6 thing. It might have something to do with ages on home planets as well but then again...

Axon.Gorge

Feb 8, 2009
Ahh that totally slipped my mind, there is teleporters at the start of UT2003 where they get sent to kalandra ice fields I think it is as well. I just assumed those only teleported people to arenas and not between planets as general travel (perhaps cost inhibitory).

If it was general travel who is watching the tournament? Because deep space miners could just teleport to another planet and get some different entertainment. Mind you, we dont see much of the story behind the actual tournament very often, thats one of the things I really liked about UC2 and one of the things I dont like about UT3.

The tragedy of lauren and brock or selket and anubis are one of the most interesting parts of the story if you ask me, not only that it goes into some depth behind liandri's connection to phayder (more so then UT3). Reapers revenge story, since it was rather brushed over in the beginning doesnt really compare to the long standing tension between gorge and malcom.

I think I would just prefer it if Epic concentrated on characters we have come to love, relate to and get to know rather then adding a completely new set every game. Its totally possible brock is the demoguy and I think it would make the story interesting if it were to be that way. I really hope in the future we get to see brocks death, as we did with selket, jester and akasha (mind you, how dead can a necris really get?). I would just like to see more about the necris, the necrification process and more about their social structure :cool:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Ahh that totally slipped my mind, there is teleporters at the start of UT2003 where they get sent to kalandra ice fields I think it is as well. I just assumed those only teleported people to arenas and not between planets as general travel (perhaps cost inhibitory).

If it was general travel who is watching the tournament? Because deep space miners could just teleport to another planet and get some different entertainment. Mind you, we dont see much of the story behind the actual tournament very often, thats one of the things I really liked about UC2 and one of the things I dont like about UT3.

The tragedy of lauren and brock or selket and anubis are one of the most interesting parts of the story if you ask me, not only that it goes into some depth behind liandri's connection to phayder (more so then UT3). Reapers revenge story, since it was rather brushed over in the beginning doesnt really compare to the long standing tension between gorge and malcom.

I think I would just prefer it if Epic concentrated on characters we have come to love, relate to and get to know rather then adding a completely new set every game. Its totally possible brock is the demoguy and I think it would make the story interesting if it were to be that way. I really hope in the future we get to see brocks death, as we did with selket, jester and akasha (mind you, how dead can a necris really get?). I would just like to see more about the necris, the necrification process and more about their social structure :cool:

How dead can Necris get? Thats a hard question as well. From what I could see alot of the Necris had metal plates holding thair skulls together like Allana with the back of her head. Reaper seems to have smashed Akashas skull. Weather Akasha comes back or not probably depens alot on weather the Necris can be botherd to get her the Necris equivilant of medical treatment. I think Loque can probably find a way to convince everyone that Akasha shoudnt come back even able to know her own name.

As for the hole selket and diffrent characters ages things I think we are going to have to give Epic the hole fan question treatment if we ever want to get a definate anser of who's right. I dont expect the fans to be right but I'd like to know which of the offishal guys is right. *hands out fan Tshirts*

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Thay have jump gates for long journies as shown with the hole travaling back to Omocron 6 thing. It might have something to do with ages on home planets as well but then again...

True. That is also explained in UT2004's AS-BP2-JumpShip. They even have their own JumpShips now. However, it seems that Jump Gates are fairly new, as there were no Jump Gates at the time of Unreal, or the story would have never happened: Vortex Rikers had to fly near Na Pali to crash there. Unless there was a glitch in the Jump Gate technology, although that way the logs in the ship would give us some information about that. Still, a question stands - if they flew normally, then how could the prisoners live that long? Or maybe the speeds were incredible? Boris Clague's Diary tells us that Vortex Rikers crashed only 3 days after leaving the home planet, probably Earth! And, if I understand the log correctly, the prison moon is two week flight from the home planet. Or maybe they have the Jump Gate technology, but it's not very accurate yet and they land close, but not exactly where they need to?

Hmm, you could really help Liandri Archives out by documenting all that UC2 story somewhere. Their character descriptions also need work... And Liandri Archives were actually made to explain, as DP said, the storyline for games that really don't need a coherent story to work :) That's one of the most interesting things in Unreal series, as you can see from this discussion :)

And as for dead Necris, I guess they are just as mortal as any live people are, just that they can be revived again. They have Nanoblack instead of blood - but if they lose too much Nanoblack, they will lose their energy, and therefore die.

And yes, you're right, it would be cool if they made some more stories about the popular characters. Especially if they were also in Unreal III.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
True. That is also explained in UT2004's AS-BP2-JumpShip. They even have their own JumpShips now. However, it seems that Jump Gates are fairly new, as there were no Jump Gates at the time of Unreal, or the story would have never happened: Vortex Rikers had to fly near Na Pali to crash there. Unless there was a glitch in the Jump Gate technology, although that way the logs in the ship would give us some information about that. Still, a question stands - if they flew normally, then how could the prisoners live that long? Or maybe the speeds were incredible? Boris Clague's Diary tells us that Vortex Rikers crashed only 3 days after leaving the home planet, probably Earth! And, if I understand the log correctly, the prison moon is two week flight from the home planet. Or maybe they have the Jump Gate technology, but it's not very accurate yet and they land close, but not exactly where they need to?

Hmm, you could really help Liandri Archives out by documenting all that UC2 story somewhere. Their character descriptions also need work... And Liandri Archives were actually made to explain, as DP said, the storyline for games that really don't need a coherent story to work :) That's one of the most interesting things in Unreal series, as you can see from this discussion :)

And as for dead Necris, I guess they are just as mortal as any live people are, just that they can be revived again. They have Nanoblack instead of blood - but if they lose too much Nanoblack, they will lose their energy, and therefore die.

And yes, you're right, it would be cool if they made some more stories about the popular characters. Especially if they were also in Unreal III.

Perhaps a jumpgate needs to be powered and also can only go to a set destination with an entry point and exit point. I'm going to look at the jumpship because i've herd that term used in scifi used quite a bit with a cople of diffrent meanings.

OK I got a look at it and it seems the technology might be still at ut24k a little on the iffy side.

And if Necris are as mortal as thay were in life well why makee them into Necris? Thay have to have some fun advantages over liveing people or othewise there would be no point in it. Theres got to be some fun stuff thay can do that no one else can do.

Last edited: