Brock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
What happend to Brock in UT3 he doesnt seem to be there, and he was the leader of iron guard , but they seem to be there

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
He got caught doing steroids before a match and got his license suspended for several years. He's currently in rehab for alcohol and drug related addictions.

GameFanZ

Gone with Gun
Mar 2, 2008
Azusa Ca.
He dead.

Gorge killed him.

UT3 comes just before Unreal championship 2 right? in unreal timeline.

Last edited:

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Its not all teleporters, respawners and translocators! Well, not in UC2 anyway. UT3 really gave me the impression the whole planet was littered with the things. If I remember rightly theres something about a moon in there.

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Sort of as far as I was aware when Brock was killed outside of the tournament before UC2 Lauren commited suicide.

But she is alive in UT3 so I would say UC2 is after UT3.

It would make sense considering the UT3 weapons look very similar to the UC2 weapons in design and there is rumors that Malcolm is thinking of retiring due to his age in UC2.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
i got to play unreal championship is it on PC or only on X BOX

plus how did they kill themself\die?

after looking on a sit i found that yet aging unreal has veird from the past it says that lauren and brock are 'undead' under the race category and that they are 'necris'

Last edited:

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Here is Brocks Unreal Championship 2 profile:
Deathplace: Deneb IV
Malcolm's loyal teammate, Brock attempted to avenge his defeat and kill Gorge. His death was predictable. He was resurrected via the patented Necris process. Unlike his former girlfriend, Lauren, Brock has no memories of his previous life. Unburdened by remorse, he's free to kill in the tournament again.

And Laurens profile from Unreal Championship 2:
Deathplace: Asteroid 35332-XA
Former grand tournament champion. After her boyfriend and teamate Brock was killed she ended her own life. The Liandri were unwilling to lose these popular competitors. So they resurrected them with the horrific Necris process. The nanoblack running through her veins left her mind in tatters and she uses her new found abilities to share her demented grief with her opponents.

Technically we didn't exactly know what the Necris were in the original UT game just that they had been involved in a war with the humans some time prior to UT.

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
thanks i must have read it of a bad site.

do you accuelly get to see the fight between gorge and Brock

Last edited:

Axon.Gorge

Feb 8, 2009
No you dont see the fight, unfortunately! It must have been the asteroid I was thinking of, not a moon.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Most probably.

He dead.

Gorge killed him.

UT3 comes just before Unreal championship 2 right? in unreal timeline.
Wrong. The timeline is as follows:
U1 -> U2 -> UT -> UT2003 -> UT2004 -> UT3 -> UC -> UC2. As you can see, it's lined up quite neatly, and it's also possible that Unreal III will include the Greens World Rebellion...

thanks i must have read it of a bad site.

do you accuelly get to see the fight between gorge and Brock
The good site for all the Unreal history is here:
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/
More about Brock:
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Brock
More about the Tournaments:
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Liandri_Grand_Tournament
More about Lauren:
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Lauren
The official timeline:
http://www.unrealtournament2004.com/general/timeline.html
Official note about UC and UC2 time:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=24709885&postcount=9

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
U1 -> U2 -> UT -> UT2003 -> UT2004 -> UT3 -> UC -> UC2

Where did you get UC is after UT3 from?

Considering the plot from UC (I'm not talking about original concept which didn't make it into the final game) and even the opening movie is identical to UT2003.

Also the fact that it doesn't make much sence that the weapons would go from UT2004 style advance in function and appearance to UT3 and the return to UC (UT2003) style before advancing again like the UT3 set to the UC2 set.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
U1 -> U2 -> UT -> UT2003 -> UT2004 -> UT3 -> UC -> UC2. As you can see, it's lined up quite neatly, and it's also possible that Unreal III will include the Greens World Rebellion...
GreatEmerald is, as a few others have said, wrong. The correct timeline is:

Code:
U1 -> U2 -> UT -> UT2003 -> UT2004 -> UT3
                     |
                     |
                    UC1 -> UC2
Here is my rationale, as thus:

• Unreal: Unknown Date. The only thing we can concretely tell is this was before 2215, as the Skaarj attacked Earth in retribution for Prisoner 849 killing their queen.
  • Unreal II: 2251. Concretely confirmed because the official timeline mentions this date as when all the artifacts were put together as per Unreal II's story, and the game took place in likely a few days to a few weeks, at most.
  • Unreal Tournament: 2291. Originally 2341, but was retconned as of UT2004.
  • Unreal Tournament 2003: 2302. Originally over 100 years after the original Unreal Tournament, but this was retconned by the UT2004 story.
    • UC1: Likely 2302, but this might follow the "original plans" of 100+ years after the original UT. Parallel Universe.
  • Unreal Tournament 2004: 2303. Takes place a year after UT2003.
  • Unreal Tournament III: Unknown Date. The only indication we have of roughly when it took place is due to Jim "Entropy" Brown's statement that UC2's Selket would roughly be an infant during the time of UT3. Selket is 26 as of UC2, so this would likely place UT3 anywhere from 20-25 years before UC2, although this contradicts things such as Malcolm's age, though it could be possible his aging process is slowed since he is chemically engineered. Other tournament stalwarts, however, such as Loque and Lauren are in here, so if I had to guesstimate a date, I would say UT3 takes place sometime inbetween 2310-2320.
    • UC2: Unknown Date. Again, Parallel universe. Assuming we still use Selket's infancy in the UT3 timeline as canonical fact, and that UC1 takes place in 2302 as UT2003 does, UC2 would take place anywhere from 2336-2345.

Last edited:

Axon.Gorge

Feb 8, 2009
On the topic of character ages, just thought I would mention this, since Unreal is a universe it doesnt take place on single planets. Travel time (time dilation) and relative ages come into effect, no one said those were Earth years.

I dont think Ive ever heard anyone officially state UC was an alternate timeline, I could have missed it though. I prefer just to think of it as an alternate, whats the tournament championships called? The liandri championship league? So alternate universe or not I feel UC is just another rung on the ladder as opposed to liandri grand tournament.

The only game to feature more of the tournament winners would be UC wouldnt it? Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a clash of the titans. Ive got a list of major matches over the history of UT, was gonna see if I could port the rosters from 2k4 so I can set these up.

Perhaps this is possible with map mixer, I do seem to be missing the Deneb IV map :p

Last edited: