Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
@Kyllian - I've had a decent E-Tech sniper rifle (though not out of a chest). What made it good wasn't using it as a sniper though - it had a rate of fire so fast that you couldn't fire off only one shot with a mouse click even if you tried. It'd unload it's full magazine of 12 shots in a fraction of a second. Sadly this meant it was effectively using 36 ammo per shot, but let's put it this way - the bosses and named enemies weren't giving me any trouble xD
sounds like the vladof moloko
That's an example of one of the oddballs that can actually work worth a damn, like Bandit ETech shotties

When it comes to sniper rifles, I prefer to treat them as a OHK from range weapon, so the only one I hang onto is a Jakobs

I did dig up the wikia page on ETech, states how each manufacturer acts
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/E-Tech

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Depends on the weapon.
SniperRifles: Since they just pierce, they're unable to crit. Possible advantage since that also means you can't de-helmet Goliaths
You can crit with etech snipers, I do it all the time it's just that the multiplier for crits is much lower on etech. Maybe you have bad aim if you're not getting crits, I dunno.

Unscoped:
[screenshot]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559835138722227860/CE6275E588AE56AEE1E25181E4DC0A6815688E8F/[/screenshot]

Scoped:
[screenshot]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559835138722207755/DA4CBC39782493971B01E36515B1765FD8DB1185/[/screenshot]

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Eh, I don't bother with ETech sniper rifles so the last one I even played with I pegged TargetPractice with it and it just treated his head as if it were part of his body

Like I said, I prefer to try and end the guy in one hit, hence the preference for Jakobs rifles

BTW, CreatureSlaughterDome and the other pre-order bonuses are up for purchase. $5 for CSD and $5 for the other stuff
Suffice to say, there is much complaining on GBX forums

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can get Creature Dome and Collector's from GMG with coupons for about $7.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
900 damage per shot * 12 shots = 10800 damage total

Just sayin' :p

Also, getting back to ETech sniper rifles, I was thinking back and I may be wrong about some ET rifles not being able to crit, but I do know that on non-ET rifles, crit damage is much higher than ET crit
Wish I knew whether or not my rig could handle running BL2 right now so I could properly test/compare

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I never liked E-Tech pistols until I recently found a use for the Darts: Stalkers. You don't have to aim all that much and they don't start teleporting until the damage triggers and by then they already got a good amount of darts sticking in them. That was on PT1. I don't know if it still works as good in PT2/2.5.

Also, just because it can't be said often enough: The drops rates in this game are horrible.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And for added fun many of the bosses are rigged to have a guaranteed orange drop only during the mission to fight them
Who is an example of that? Terra has a guarnateed orange drop every time. 9/10 times I got the freaking commando class mod, though. Only other orange I've gotten from him was a (not very good) Volcano.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Terramorpheus is a raid boss, Kyllian is referring to the regular bosses.

The Warrior will always give you one orange drop first time, and so will the Leviathan's loot chamber has a guaranteed one too (accessible only twice). After that you're lucky if you get anything (or in the case of the Leviathan, you literally get nothing).

I finally played through the Torque DLC. It started off really strong, but it trails off very quickly - it took me about 5 hours to clear it. Badassasaurus drops no loot worth a damn (no guaranteed orange and I only got one purple , wtf?) - compared to Pirate's Booty it's quite underwhelming when you reach the end since there's really no reward. Whilst the vending machines with legendary gear is nice, playing through all the missions only nets you about half the required currency to actually buy one.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Yea, referring to bosses like Warrior
Tho I think Terra is supposed to have a bigger drop rate on oranges when you fight him during the mission. Not 100% sure on that tho. Haven't tackled Terra yet and I have to wait until post-XMas before I can even risk gaming

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Terramorpheus is a raid boss, Kyllian is referring to the regular bosses.

The Warrior will always give you one orange drop first time, and so will the Leviathan's loot chamber has a guaranteed one too (accessible only twice). After that you're lucky if you get anything (or in the case of the Leviathan, you literally get nothing).

I finally played through the Torque DLC. It started off really strong, but it trails off very quickly - it took me about 5 hours to clear it. Badassasaurus drops no loot worth a damn (no guaranteed orange and I only got one purple , wtf?) - compared to Pirate's Booty it's quite underwhelming when you reach the end since there's really no reward. Whilst the vending machines with legendary gear is nice, playing through all the missions only nets you about half the required currency to actually buy one.
You get to play the tier 3 challenges as many times as you want, so farming Tourgue Tokens is trivial. But forget about Rex and Piston, it's Pyro Pete who is really the main end boss. His loot table is quite good and I've gotten some nice drops from him in tvhm. He also seems to drop at least two vehicle skins per kill, so if you've been looking to max out those unlocks, he's a great place to get them.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I was under the impression Pete was a raid boss?

Farming Torque tokens isn't much fun. For example, the bar brawl nets you around 25 tokens, but it takes around 650 to get a legendary pistol. You'd have to run it 25 times to get it.

I think Terra is supposed to have a bigger drop rate on oranges when you fight him during the mission.

He has a guaranteed orange drop the first time you take him down. I don't know if being on the mission makes a difference.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The Leviathan's loot chamber is basically the reincarnation of the Crimson Armory. You can glitch your way in there as many times as you want.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Nonsense, it's one of the easiest things to do in the game and just as easy as the Crimson Lance glitch spot and a lot quicker.
I dunno, it takes A LOT more finesse than the armory glitch and yields far less loot. The only advantage is that you don't have to fight your way to it each time.