Bonuspacks for FHINV?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
FH Community Pack

OK, I have an idea
You see, as much fun as the mod is, it cool always improve, in quality and quantity. Now I don't know exactly how many community mapper there are out there for FHINV, but I think there would be enough to make some sort of a bonuspack.
This would mostly include high-standard maps
Perhaps some mutators, small additions to the mod, you name it.

Now as I mentioned before, I don't know if there's a lot of people who could help, or if there's any interest. So if you've got something that you're working on, to put in this pack, feel free to submit.

(And I especially mean you Dark_Dust, since you seem the most devoted ans serious community content creator on this forum nowadays)

Last edited:

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
you can add just about any existing UT2004 mutator to it.
The satore Monster Pack is a good addition
They're working on version 3 which seems to have lots of cool features.
Parser, is there an ETA for v3? are we talking weeks, months or years?

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
A FHI Bonus pack - Well, actually i had this already in mind.

I have talked to bcwood16 -who created FHI-Canyon- and he would luv to join me on this new project. With V3 coming up, interesting things comes at hand..such as objective based maps.

While nothing has been official yet, we are discussing lots of things before we actually start. We are no mapping GODS, but can -as you probably figured- make some *kuch* quality *kuch* maps :D .. same goes for current FHI maps done by FragHouse. :rolleyes:

Stay tuned!

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Well, I was thinking of a CBP kind of pack, so containing;
maps maps maps, little mutator, maps maps maps, perhaps another mutator, and so on.
Plus I'd like to have 0 fraghouse members involved. Since I thought it'd be cool if it'd be a comunity pack. So everything will be like one big surprise to them :)
Now of course your not all mapping gods, neither am I, but I just meant that I'm not waiting on another Underground, or Zelda church thingy, that's all.

So let's get this pack together I'd say.
I already have my Underground remake ready, which I will not submit right now then, plus I've got some cool ideas which I will put in some maps of mine.
So who could do something, cause if there's not enough feedback, it is hopeless

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
I could code some mutators. I'm working on a simple map also that I was planning to code a custom Rail Gun turret for also.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Sweet, I'd love to see a community bonus pack for Fraghouse INV :)

Keep us posted (in a secretive kind of way of course ;) )

edit: Why don't you email the BU news team and let them know that you're forming an FHINV bonus pack team and want other likeminded people to join in the fun? You'll get loads more exposure for this project than merely posting in our forums :tup:

another edit: I'm sure Parser wouldn't mind stickying a thread for you guys so that people have somewhere to come and chat about your efforts too.

Last edited:

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Good, well
Since there seems to be some interest (that was the first question; would anybody like it or put effort into it, I guess we could spread the news a bit.
Just PM me if you've got something you're working on, including details etc.
Since I want to keep most of the content a secret for the Fraghouse team, all detail containing traffic would be via PM, e-mail or any populair services as msn, yahoo etc.
Although, of course, if you could also say you're working on "a map" or "a mutator", then I know that I can expect something, but still nothing is actually revealed. Although I'd like to stick to PM's for now.

EDIT: So I guess from now on this would be the submission thread.
Remember; No exposure of of details of any kind! ;)

EDIT2: You can reach me at ronin156@hotmail.com
naturally, that's also my messenger account, for some faster conversations.

Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
All sounds very good to me.

And instead of PM'ing each other all the time, im offering you guys a place to chat away bout this map-pack.
If you like, go to http://forum.tsd-ownage.nl and sign up.
I have made a section for this and restricted it so only members of the map - pack team (once formed) can read and post there. Once you have signed up i'll make sure you get access to it. My forum is not compared to ones like BU, but what the hell... it's at least something and uh.. ignore the rest :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
It's a cool idea that you guys want a produce a bonus pack for FHI, but I don't like the idea of alienating us from it completely. After all, we love to help those who support the stuff we do, so we'd only be more than happy to help. Not contribute physical work per se, but give out suggestions and help with problems. If you want to keep it from us completely then go ahead, but it would be nice to have an idea of what the community was doing for the mod. :)

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
Honestly I agree with Parser. I don't want to duplicate what's already going to be in FHI3. BTW I've done 2 mutators but I haven't tested either yet, so they probobly don't work. I may add some weapons so forums would be a must so you mappers can make use of them.

EDIT: /me signed up over there as T1.

Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Of course we don't want to alienating ya out, i guess ronin means that no mappers from the team should join this project.. and i agree on that. After all, it's supposed to be a community pack eh..! :)

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Alienating is a big word Parser, but it's mainly that I'd like the idea of this pack being individually developed. OK, now this won't go as far as;
"Ey, I've got a problem, I think I'll ask Radiosity or Parser."
"Don't you dare! They must know nothing we're doing!"

But just like you're not giving all of the details on FHINV v3, I think we shouldn't throw screenies and info all over the place about how everything's gonna be like. But it's not like nobody is allowed to ask you a question or anything. I promise you, if someone has a problem, I'll send him to you, ok? ;)

EDIT: And Dark_Dust puts it a lot better and shorter, but that also wraps my point up pretty good.

Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Not to worry, we arent CBP-a-likes either :p

Care to join us? Then pls register at my forum, if you do link is at post #9 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
[CON]Ronin said:
Alienating is a big word Parser, but it's mainly that I'd like the idea of this pack being individually developed. OK, now this won't go as far as;
"Ey, I've got a problem, I think I'll ask Radiosity or Parser."
"Don't you dare! They must know nothing we're doing!"

But just like you're not giving all of the details on FHINV v3, I think we shouldn't throw screenies and info all over the place about how everything's gonna be like. But it's not like nobody is allowed to ask you a question or anything. I promise you, if someone has a problem, I'll send him to you, ok? ;)

EDIT: And Dark_Dust puts it a lot better and shorter, but that also wraps my point up pretty good.

We don't throw info and screenshots around the place because we never have time nowadays. We're up to our necks in exams and there just isn't time to post screenshots or in-depth information. The other day, we had a bit of free time so we got together some screenshots from Daed's UG remake and some general v3 pics, but you might notice that since exam time I haven't exactly been going on my mutator/mod-releasing rampage...

As for the not-involving-team-thing, it wouldn't be great for people to think that we're too "uppity" and too disinterested to get involved in helping with a community pack. As long as you realise that we'll gladly help out if you want us to in whichever ways possible, then that's fine. :)

{T5K}Iari

Jun 13, 2004
I'm a mapper and would like to join your team for the community bonus pack Ronin, i have signed up at the other forums for this as {T5K}iaRi

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
The More the better.

Nicely said Parser

And yes Dark_Dust i know you guys aren't like CBP, man those guys are amazing. DM-CBP2-Reconstruct is one of my fav's, amazing... Cory Spooner is the man CTF-CBP-TechDream for 2k3 (2k4) and CTF-CBP2-Deep. breathtaking. Half the reason i play UT is just for the graphics.sceenary ;)