[bma] Recruitment Drive!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Honestly, you guys should either put the BMA tag in your names, or not support it at all.

Sorry, the forum software won't allow people to change their names.

However you can change the text under your name.

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
I swear Mojo, if there is ever a riot in Ottawa I'm going to blame it on you. Manipulation is an excellent skill - especially when you can use it to make people do funny things for your own entertainment.

That said, seeing as this is clearly a theological conquest of the stupid. Are you more of a communist, or a dictator? As in, are you for absolute equality for the people, or power for Mojo?

After visiting the webpage where you got this email account, I must assume it is the latter, especially after viewing this quote:

hump.gif

(Thats some funny ****)

All hail Mojo and his fascist propaganda. Now, start preaching that religious doctrine to the unenlightened, the ignorant, and the innocent!

I have now seen many sides of Bad.Mojo
Bad.Mojo the prophet
Bad.Mojo the author
Bad.Mojo the flame artist
and now...
Bad.Mojo the Dictator.

I support you, so long as you don't become a prohibitionist.:mad: ****ing prohibitionists!

And now for a plethora of pointless quotes from various artists most of you cretins are probably unfamilliar with..

If ignorance is bliss, then wipe that smile off my face.
-Zack De La Rocha

I plugged 16 shells from a thrity-ought-six and the Black Crow snuck through a hole in the sky.
-Tom Waits

...concerned (But powerless)an empowered and informed member of society (pragmatism not idealism)
-Thom Yorke

Oxygen should be regarded as a drug
-Thom Yorke

The people I hate most are those that think I care.
-Ben Helsley

The other day I was at Sears, enjoying the intoxicating fragrance of fresh tools and marveling at the fact that there isn't one best way to rotate a bolt. I think Sears has a whole division of wrench developers who sit around asking questions like, "What if the bolt is in a dark place, around a corner, slightly stripped, guarded by a trained raccoon?" Then someone in the wrench division makes a tool that's part wrench, part flashlight, and part tranquilizer dart gun. All I know is that when they're done, I'll buy three of them - one for the tool bench, one for the car and one in case I lose one.
-Scott Adams

We could all use some more Bad.Mojo in us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
To Zudfongle: I realise the forums don't allow you to change your names anymore (this is my fault for not being as verbose as needed,) I was speaking of online and on IRC. Sorry about the confusion.

To Amnesiac: The pinkocommiebastards.com web site is a satire on the cold war hysteria that gripped the US between the fifties and the 80s. As everybody knows my opinion on this, and where my true sympathies lie, I thought it would make the perfect email address -- pinkocommiebastard sums up my beliefs, and the website is almost a perfect mirroring of my mocking of US Cold War propaganda. That's all. No dictator in me. I want no power (no more power than any other man, that's all.) Now, if you'll excuse me... I gotta run off to dress up like Leon Trotsky.

Oh, we'll have a website up at tbf's homepage (graciously provided by TBF and UTProphet) soon enough.

Its better to work as a team united than work alone.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
It seems silly to me to support a cause fully, and yet not join it. BMA is not a clan, it is not a vigilante forum patrol -- it is an ideal. And no, you aren't just a lackey for tacking on BMA to your name. No matter what people might think, this is not so. I am no lackey of Marx or Christ despite being Marxist and Christian (how can I be a lackey to dead people, although my beliefs are named after them?)

Dig dig dig. :mad:

I strongly encourage people to join the BMA. And no, I doubt Mojo is on a power trip. This could work, but only if you let it to.

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by Bad.Mojo
Now, if you'll excuse me... I gotta run off to dress up like Leon Trotsky.

Haha, thats some good stuff man. Here is a pic if you need some comparative help.

trotsky.gif

Of course, Trotsky, from what I have heard, was more of a Marxist than a fascist. Yet I have little to no formal education on this so I can't really back that up.

Are you really trying to get an organization of forum gestapos together, or is this more for ****s and gigles?

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
I see no need for such hostility. I was under the impression that the idea was to bring stupid people to their senses, not to drive them out of town... so to speak.

Aside from the extra effort involved, I really don't see the difference between banning them and making them run away.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
We don't really want them to run away. We just want them to stop being "n00bs" and start being "newbies".

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes indeed. In some cases, where reform is impossible (like with Pojo X or Aussie Joe) we <i>will</i> run them out of the forums. Its better to have nobody here than only idiots. But conversion is always better. Converting somebody makes them go from idiots to intelligent -- driving them off just makes them somebody else's problem.

And no, driving somebody off is NOTHING like banning them. When driven off, they chose to leave, and they can choose to come back. When they're banned they have no such free choice.

Oh, and the reason I referred to Trotsky was because he WAS a dedicated Marxist and lead an army (natch and natch...)

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by Bad.Mojo
Oh, and the reason I referred to Trotsky was because he WAS a dedicated Marxist and lead an army (natch and natch...)

Ah, I see, that would make more sense. My apologies for my ignorance. (Suddenly your avatar is beginning to make sense).

What is your process for this operation. Do you make a list of irritations and follow in a tactful manner, or do you leap in with a flame fest until they get so frustrated that they leave - or come to their senses?

Either way would work, but only one would allow you to escape with some dignity. This war of yours could almost be likened to a holy crusade, save that I am sensing hypocrisy among the ranks. That will remain to be seen however.

Good luck either way, and feel free to ignore me, seeing as I am just killing time until I have to go to work.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I suppose we'll have to discuss incidents and the severity of their consequences on a case by case basis then, won't we?

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
This is an army, not a cult. If they die, it'll be by self-inflicted gun shot wound (so the doctors will say, anyways.. otherwise they might shoot themselves...)

NO CULTS FOR YOU!

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
I'm starting to like this BMA thing. It gives me more reason to help people on the boards, and the more of Mojo's followers* there are, the more widely known the BMA will get. Therefore, thwarting possible idiocy before it starts in some cases. There will always be idiot newbies and lost newbies. I hope to convert the idiot newbies into lost newbies, then into resonable, good forum goers.

*(which are the people that believe and follow his ideas of their own accord, I for one was not forced to do it, I saw the light so to speak)