1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[bma] Recruitment Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bad.Mojo, Aug 25, 2001.

1. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I'm going to have to agree with agunzagun

(BTW, great portrait! TRIGUN, right :D )

2. MJACK

MJACK New Member

I read that when you first posted it, thank you very much. It still doesn't make very much sense, and certainly doesn't explain why it's not a power trip of sorts for you and why everyone who joins are followers, or even a single reason why it's not completely fu<i></i>cking stupid and a waste of time. Oh, here's what I posted back on page 2, so now you have no excuse not to read it:

Mojo, I remember you saying a while back that the one thing you couldn't stand was hypocrites. Well, it should come as no suprise that you are a huge hypocrite yourself; after all, a sure sign of hypocrisy is hating hypocrites while being one yourself. You call anyone who exercises any power on a private forum a fascist, yet it's unexcusable for Farouk to say that the BMA has traces of fascism in it (which has some validity in it). You make posts filled with slurs and homosexual insults, yet Funkstylz is a skinhead because he called you fag mojo. You start an organization to rid the forum of newbies, and then, in the very same post, attack a forum veteran who's kept a low profile, only makes productive posts, and can get his thoughts across clearly despite English not being his first language. You seem to think your Charles fuc<i></i>king Dickens just because you can come up with semi-amusing, vulgar, and verbose insults. I hate to break it to you, though you can write rather well (the 1984 post, the existence post on the old forum, and the recent women post come to mind), you are not that skilled a writer, and I doubt you will get half a mill advance, much less anyone to publish your book, which I seem to remember is about a hitman, undoubtedly an invincible, wisecracking, badass. It is apparent that you rip into people is not because you are a champion of free speech or they have done some unforgivably bad thing, but just because you get a kick out of instigating confilicts and insulting and fighting with people. When anyone slightly disagrees with you, even someone that you like on the forums such as Keiichi or Zundfolge, you'll go off on them. In many posts, you are merely a troll who knows how to write. I expect a slew of insults directed at me about how I lack English skills, how I am unrefutably wrong, and other baseless insults involving my mother and such, topped off with how you are a forum legend who is loved by all the vets, and a 7 foot badass in real life who gets laid all the time.

3. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

You're absolutely right Bad.Mojo, your reason for creating the BMA (assuming your claimed reason isn't a front for for some other less respectable practices on these forums) is the very same reason I contacted Warren about setting up a moderation team.

However our MEANS are very different. I contacted Warren directly suggesting that he establish moderators on the forums, as I was worried about the degredation of the board. He then responded that he had actually had the same idea and just hadn't gotten around to it. He asked me to submit a list of those I thought would make good moderators, which I carefully did over a few days while doing research on the boards. A week or two later, he sent me a reply with a list of people to contact. I was told that they would all be moderators as would I.

I never expected to be a moderator. My initial message to warren was a simple suggestions that designated moderators should be setup, as at the time the INF team were the only moderators: detracting from their development efforts.

Meanwhile, you have appointed yourself ruler of this group of organized forumers (that you can't deny, as why else would you name the group the "Bad Mojo Army"). You (to public knowledge at least) have never confronted Warren about any ideas for improving the forum through such means.

As Zundfolge pointed out, as moderators we act as a team: we are all equals, and we all answer to Warren, the INF team, and the P Forum Admins. We screw up, and we get disciplined. If you don't think that's the case, talk to Warren. He put us all in our place shortly after we were instated, after numerous complaints from members directly to his mailbox. And Prophetus has messaged us on several occasions regarding dealings with this community.

With the BMA, who exactly do you answer to?

No, Mojo. We may have had similair ideas, but mine was approached in a more acceptable and appropriate manner. If you had this idea 6 months ago, you could be a moderator, but I wouldn't be starting this vigilante group, as my concern was seeing this community with a bit of order, cleanliness, and friendliness. In my eyes moderation is a proven means of that, and so I'd be happy had it been implemented by anyone.

4. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

LOL, I can't believe your reply Mojo. Did you even look into what I said? I doubt it. Slander? Right. I'm intentionally slandering you... And I've never seen you compare anything good to heaven. I do distinctly remember however, that you called all the n00bs "Jews and Christians". Now, coming from your mouth, that is an insult to christianity (and jewish faith).

Whatever Mojo. *sarcasm*no reason for me to fool you*/sarcasm*. It seems as if your whole basis on arguing is calling people hypocritical, so I'll just leave you to your play. Have fun, but remember what enemies you make and how many you thought were your friends. People like you are the ones who cause the decent vets to leave. Yet, I hold nothing against you. Go about doing whatever you want, as according to many other people, this is "The internet" where nothing is "real", etc etc (Yet it seems opinions do exist, reguardless of who they come from).

Night everybody. Stop feeding Mojo and go wait for 2.86 in IRC :)

5. Bad.Mojo

Bad.Mojo Commander in Chief o' the BMA

<i>You call anyone who exercises any power on a private forum a fascist, yet it's unexcusable for Farouk to say that the BMA has traces of fascism in it (which has some validity in it).</i>

Nope, I didn't say it was unexcusable for Farouk to say the BMA was fascist. I said it wasn't true. He said it was fascist for us to use our posts to drive people off the forums. I then replied that, by his definition, it was fascist for him to attempt to drive the BMA as an entity off the forums. I suggest you get your facts straight before making wildly ludicrous claims.

<i>You make posts filled with slurs and homosexual insults, yet Funkstylz is a skinhead because he called you fag mojo.</i>

No, I called funkstylz an idiot because he presumed to speak for the team and said TO was a bunch of hard working people. I don't define hardworking as sending your beta testers to #infiltration to talk sh<i></i>it about your mod, or stealing copyrighted material. That he presumes to speak for the team also presumes the team makes homophobic insults as well. Furthermore, I've yet to make a racist or homophobic comment (I'm not sure where you get that from.) Maybe you're stupid enough to honestly believe that a repition of racial slurs is the exact same thing as actually uttering one with conviction. If that's the case, you're so damn stupid I pity you.

<i>You start an organization to rid the forum of newbies, and then, in the very same post, attack a forum veteran who's kept a low profile, only makes productive posts, and can get his thoughts across clearly despite English not being his first language.</i>

I said repeatedly I didn't have any interest in getting rid of newbies. The fact that you can't pick up on this is directly related to the fact that I'm not going to respond to this.

<i>You seem to think your Charles ****ing Dickens just because you can come up with semi-amusing, vulgar, and verbose insults.</i>

I love your use of the word 'fu<i></i>ck' while simultaneously using vulgarity as some sort of insult. By the way, Charles Dickens has absolutely no place in my heart. "Yes, I did get paid by the word, however did you guess?"

<i>hate to break it to you, though you can write rather well (the 1984 post, the existence post on the old forum, and the recent women post come to mind), you are not that skilled a writer, and I doubt you will get half a mill advance, much less anyone to publish your book, which I seem to remember is about a hitman, undoubtedly an invincible, wisecracking, badass.</i>

Wow! You should work for a psychic hotline! Despite not having read a single word of the book, you have predicted it <i>perfectly</i>. The fact of the matter is, despite what you might think, I am an extremely skilled writer. This much I do know. Its something I'm damn, damn fine at, thank you very much. Besides, you don't need to be a skilled writer to get published. Take a look at George Orwell. He was a terrible, terrible, God-fu<i></i>cking-awful writer, but his books remain masterpieces. I'll leave your idle brain to attempt to figure out how this is.

<i>It is apparent that you rip into people is not because you are a champion of free speech or they have done some unforgivably bad thing, but just because you get a kick out of instigating confilicts and insulting and fighting with people.</i>

Apparent, huh? I rip into people because I believe they deserve it. That is my only reason. You rip into me for the same reason, and we all know its true. I don't get a kick out of instigating anything that doesn't need to be instigated. That's the realm of Pojo or Aussie or, more recently, Frost. I champion free speech because it ensures me the right to continue to do what I do, to say what I say without fear of repercussions or consequences.

<i>When anyone slightly disagrees with you, even someone that you like on the forums such as Keiichi or Zundfolge, you'll go off on them.</i>

That's because I have enough tact and respect for my beliefs, unlike you, to know that if my friend does something stupid, I will tell him I believe its stupid, and if my enemy does something intelligent, I will acknowledge his intelligence. What you're basically saying with this statement is that "you should always agree with your friends and disagree with your enemies."

I think this speaks enough of you that I don't have to elaborate further.

<i>In many posts, you are merely a troll who knows how to write. I expect a slew of insults directed at me about how I lack English skills, how I am unrefutably wrong, and other baseless insults involving my mother and such, topped off with how you are a forum legend who is loved by all the vets, and a 7 foot badass in real life who gets laid all the time.</i>

Your English skills are absolutely terrible. You <i>are</i> wrong. Your mother was a whore. I am legendary around here! Everybody loves me! Turns out I grew an inch, I'm 7'1" now. I got laid just the other day, but I don't think the rohipnol's agreeing with the neighbour's dog.

Hand of Darkness, now:

Fair enough. Our means <i>are</i> different. I believe my methods are better, and I'll give you an example of why.

Compare #infiltration to #inf. In #infiltration, we have ops and such. There is a large amount of stupid people who hide out there and have the more intelligent people kicked when they get mocked for making stupid statements (and I don't mean stuff like having to be directed to the FAQ or anything. Those questions I'm more than happy to help with, I mean blatant idiocy that they can get away with under the #infiltration rules, but which any rebuttal will result in kicking.) In #inf, however, these people dare not tread in there, because all though they will never be kicked or banned for their statements. Neither will we. We fight with equal power, equal ability, equal force. No kicks, no bans, no ops, no power, no rules. And #inf, despite having none of these things has remained much cleaner a place than #infiltration because of this.

This is why I believe my methods are better, Hand. That's all. We all have our beliefs -- granted, you wanted to save the forums, and so do I. But I think combatting idiocy with education is better than combatting stupidity with moderation. That's all.

Oh, and to Thrash, please find me the part where I say "all n00bs are Jews and Christians." That sounds like a blatantly stupid claim to make, even for you. No, you're not slandering me. I thought my rather obvious sarcasm of suing everybody being the American dream sorta pointed to the fact that I didn't take this so-called slander seriously. You are another shining turd of an example why this place needs the BMA. That you can't pick up on blatant sarcasm is... Oh God, I'm not even going to get into it. Arguing with you is like trying to explain to the Taliban why banning lipstick is stupid, I'll get nowhere and your excuses and claims will just become more and more bizarre.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2001
  6. MJACK

MJACK New Member

You use the word "fascist" quite often as an insult (you called Prophetus one and Gryphon one recently because they blocked you from a <i>private</i> forum/chatroom) but yet because Farouk said your group could be interpeted as somewhat fascist, you get angry. From the first page:

You posted several times that Funkstylz was a bigot for saying you were fag mojo, when he clearly was calling you that only because you're <i>not</i> gay. You did the same thing in the private chat log you posted with the tacops beta tester kid a while ago, and I'm almost positive it had a few homophobic slurs in it. BTW, I actually think Funkstylz was wrong in that argument, but that's not the point.

Then what the hell is the point of BMA? From the First page:
    So you're going to insult newbies until they either change or leave? As people have already said, that already happens, what's the need of an organization to do it?

Insert a great writer of your choice then. I was not saying vulgarity is a bad thing, merely that it is does not mean you are a great writer just because you can come up with well-done insults filled with profanity.

I remember you saying you were writing a book about a hitman, is this not true? I would reasonably guess that he is a tough guy and performs incredible feats. Hey, I bet you're going to have lots of real life weapons in it too! Sure, Orwell might have been a bad writer (if you say so, I don't remember him being that bad), but his books were interesting and innovative. A book about a hitman is unoriginal and doesn't have much appeal, so it has to have a good twist on the formula. You don't have to be a great writer, but you do have to be able to write stories well and, most importantly, tell an interesting story. Maybe I'm wrong about the book, want to post some of it?

I'm getting sick of this quote thing, so I'll just make a couple more notes: You often go off on people without a good reason, that's the problem, and instead of simply stating your differing opinion, you insult them. You go out of your way to mention how much of a badass you are (6'5", 250 lbs with combat boots if I recall when you challenged someone to come to Canada to fight you, been in many fights, been shot, etc.) and how much you get laid, pretty easy things to say when you're behind a computer screen.

Just some observations I've had about you in the 1+ year of reading your posts.

7. Bad.Mojo

<i>You use the word "fascist" quite often as an insult (you called Prophetus one and Gryphon one recently because they blocked you from a private forum/chatroom) but yet because Farouk said your group could be interpeted as somewhat fascist, you get angry. </i>

That <i>still</i> doesn't explain how that makes me a hypocrite though. "You are a hypocrite because you call people fascist but get offended when they call you a fascist."

Hmmmmmmmmm. That would only be true if I expected them not to be offended by being called a fascist, but since I use that word as an intentional insult, I suggest you open your dictionary to the 'f' section.

<i>You posted several times that Funkstylz was a bigot for saying you were fag mojo, when he clearly was calling you that only because you're not gay. You did the same thing in the private chat log you posted with the tacops beta tester kid a while ago, and I'm almost positive it had a few homophobic slurs in it.</i>

Actually, Funkstylz said he called me fag mojo BECAUSE I constantly posted homosexual comments in #infiltration. Go read the post again if you don't believe me. Since his arguement there is equivalent to "I called you a nig<i></i>ger because you said you were black," FLUSH! There goes another one of your arguements down the shi<i></i>tter.

<i>So you're going to insult newbies until they either change or leave? As people have already said, that already happens, what's the need of an organization to do it? </i>

I've also said the entire point of the BMA was also just to get together as a non-cliquey, open group dedicated just to having fun, laughing at ourselves and other's stupidity, and just generally having a self-depreciating, childish sense of humour. But since the n00bs (not newbies, I've explained the difference between a n00b and a newbie enough times that no matter how many times you try to freely subsitute the word newbie in for where we use n00b, nobody will believe you about the lies you're insinuating about us) ... anyways, since the n00b issue kept coming up, we kept having to repeat ourselves over and over, much as we would be the brick wall you morons kept bashing your head into and asking why it kept hurting so much.

<i>Insert a great writer of your choice then. I was not saying vulgarity is a bad thing, merely that it is does not mean you are a great writer just because you can come up with well-done insults filled with profanity. </i>

You're right. I'm a great writer because I have an amazing talent of expressing myself with language, through poetry and prose, either verbal or written.

<i>I remember you saying you were writing a book about a hitman, is this not true? I would reasonably guess that he is a tough guy and performs incredible feats. Hey, I bet you're going to have lots of real life weapons in it too! Sure, Orwell might have been a bad writer (if you say so, I don't remember him being that bad), but his books were interesting and innovative. A book about a hitman is unoriginal and doesn't have much appeal, so it has to have a good twist on the formula. You don't have to be a great writer, but you do have to be able to write stories well and, most importantly, tell an interesting story. Maybe I'm wrong about the book, want to post some of it?</i>

You make assumptions about a book based on its main character's profession. Its a joke. Lets assume Orwell's books are original and innovative. What, then, were Orwell's books about? Let's take a look at Animal Farm and Nineteen Eighty-Four based on the profession of the main characters.

First, Animal Farm: Book about a bunch of pigs. Obviously, even though I've never seen a single written word of this book, it is about pigs and I will therefore prejudge it that since pigs are animals that can't talk, it will be about wallowing in mud and making grunting noises and being turned into bacon and footballs. All in all, thumbs down.

Now, Nineteen Eighty-Four: Some guy works for the government in a cubicle. I know for a fact office work is very boring, so the entire book will therefore be about writing memos and scribbling angry obscenities and racial slurs on the employee's bathroom stall. All in all, thuroughly unoriginal.

Pretty stupid book rating system, wouldn't you say? And no, I won't post the book or any part of it, since its lengthy enough as it is, and I'm barely into it, and the characters are hardly developed. I'll give you a brief little synopsis of Leon Gage, the hitman, though. He's a reformed alcoholic who quit drinking because he beat his wife while drunk and lost her. He's a loner who's motivated by his sister's assault during a carjacking where her fiance was murdered and she was badly beaten. The carjacker was stoned out of his mind when the murder and assault was committed, and therefore let off the hook for being mentally unfit. He killed the man and developed a liking for killing 'evil' people, especially people who attempted to justify their crimes with rationale. After a botched hit one night, he meets a young run away girl and develops sympathy with her. He takes her into his home and forms a pure relationship with her, one of protector and protected, and helps educate her, feed her, and generally care for her, all the while shirking his attraction to her (and she to he) so as not to violate her purity, something he feels he has no right doing. After he refuses to kill his old boss (whom he is fond of) she is murdered in retaliation. He breaks down, begins drinking again, and goes on a rampage, only to realise that he is just like the people he kills. He justifies his crime of murder with his hatred of them, he justifies his respect for his former boss with his perceived dignity, etc., etc. This causes him to fall farther, etc., etc. Way to lengthy and detailed to be summed up in one short paragraph, but that's the gist of it.

<i>You often go off on people without a good reason, that's the problem, and instead of simply stating your differing opinion, you insult them.</i>

Not so. I've had plenty of in-depth conversations with people who have totally differing opinions than me without resorting to insulting them. Those I prefer, because mutual learning takes place. I only go off on insults when provoked. This can either be done by somebody insulting me first or somebody ruining and intelligent post with blatant idiocy. This happens alot more often now than it did before, and hence my belief in the necessity of the BMA.

<i>You go out of your way to mention how much of a badass you are (6'5", 250 lbs with combat boots if I recall when you challenged someone to come to Canada to fight you, been in many fights, been shot, etc.) and how much you get laid, pretty easy things to say when you're behind a computer screen.</i>

5'11", 180 lbs. If I said anything like six-five/two-fifty, it was probably mocking somebody who was making equally ludicrous comments. I don't see why my owning of combat boots is so special. They make wonderful weapons, but other than that they aren't like a fu<i></i>cking war medal or anything. I have been in many fights, and I also don't see what's so special about this. I've had my ass kicked and I've kicked ass. And it was a pretty even amount of fights won/lost. Again, I really don't see how getting into fights is in any way bragging. And I have been shot, and I don't see what's so special about this either. When I said I got shot, I also mentioned that it was some dumb wigger jacking me in the suburbs with a .22 snub nose. I also (and this is the important part) said I ran like all Hell, and pointed out that you can run pretty damn fast after you get shot. I don't see how being so scared I thought I would piss my pants makes me special. I don't have a problem with a guy pointing a gun at me as long as I have a gun pointing out, but in case you can't tell, I fear people who have more power than me. Guy with gun = more powerful than me unarmed. Why? Because I don't know what he's going to do with that power (I found out after though, obviously.) Just as I don't know what moderators are going to do with their power. I don't get laid all the time. I get laid pretty averagely, actually. Nothing wonderful, nothing pitiful. Like everybody else, most of my qualities are pretty damn average, some qualities are superior, and some are inferior. Everybody is like this. Everybody has their talents and shortcomings, but most of the stuff in between is just sort of in the middle. I'd say the only "cool" thing I've ever done involving sex was me with two girls, and it wasn't at all what I thought it would be like. You take this stuff for bragging, but to me its just facts.

Let's create an analogy here. Lets say idiots are one group, the BMA is another group. Lets say posts and replies are fists, and locks/deletes knives, and bans are guns. Now, let's say idiots run in willy-nilly on these forums and start punching everybody. The BMA just wants to show that we have a right to punch back instead of having the moderators walking in and stabbing them and thereby temporarily disabling them or the admins walking in with guns and shooting them and therefore shutting them up forever. What we stand for is a fair fight. I don't want power. I don't want others to have power over me. I don't want power over others. I want a pure, fair fight. Idiots are about creating stupidity and posting pointless sh<i></i>it. The BMA is about having fun and making witty, intelligent posts. Diametrically opposed groups, really. But we don't want moderators or admins. We want a fair fight. We want to make sure that n00bs NEVER get banned, their posts NEVER locked or deleted, because what we see is if this happens to them, how long before it starts happening to others? Sure, we have to take care of idiots. But I'd rather take care of them in a fair fight and make sure everybody's resorting to fisticuffs instead of shanks and pieces.

8. MJACK

MJACK New Member

Point taken on almost all issues. Either you're a master of persuasive writing or I just remembered some stuff wrong (probably a little of both). I still do think you're a little bit of a hypocrite (but who isn't) and that the BMA isn't exactly a brillant idea. Your hitman story still sounds a little unoriginal and derivative and not very interesting on paper (you might still be able to found a publisher though, it sounds similar to Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy a #1 Bestseller that I thought was fairly awful). However, it certainly seems like it <i>could</i> be good. I'd like to read some of it, maybe you could post the very beginning of it or something.

9. RavenStarSinger

RavenStarSinger I can make you die laughing or just shoot you

Hmmm . . .

I think that was the perfect comparitive analogy of BMA vs. Mods. I just wanted to say this . . . people have their preconceptions about the BMA, mostly because they have preconceptions about Mojo. Now, I have never flamed someone just for the sake of flaming someone, in fact I can only think of ONE time I have ever posted something that was possibly percieved as a flame. SO, let's say it was MY idea to create a RSSMA or RMA? Would people be so opposed to this? Even though the idealogy is the same, if the person making the proposition were different, I have a feeling people would be far less vocally opposed. (Well, textually . . . you know what I meant!) The reasoning here is that far less people have any reason to dislike/distrust me. In other words, just because you don't agree with or like Mojo, doesn't mean that he doesn't stand for something good. Plain and simple. If I were to make that any simpler, it would be grunts and gutteral snorts. People need to stop attacking the BMA and Mojo as one entity, because despite the fact that he founded it, the BMA is NOT Mojo, and Mojo is NOT the BMA. Is America Thomas Jefferson? Do people automatically suppose the two are one in the same? In other words, get over your "bad mojo" with Bad Mojo before you make any assumptions on the "organization" he has founded. If you can't, then you'll never see the forest for the trees, as they say.

10. HanD_of_DarKNesS

I'm not opposed to the idea of "BMA" because it was started by Bad.Mojo. Despite our differences in opinion, I have never had any issues specifically with Bad.Mojo so there is no reason why I would oppose him starting such a group more or less than any other member of this community.

My opposition comes from the idea of a groupd itself. It is, in essence, an online forum-based terrorist group. The plan seems to incite terror in new members of the community and those who make "stupid" and "idiotic" posts, and force them to either smarten up, or leave the community. because as an organization, they answer to no higher power, they have no fear of reprimand.

Moderators, on the other hand, were appointed and given the blessing of Warren and the Infiltration team. They work in unicine with the Infiltration team itself (who are the founders and leaders of this community), as well as the Administrators of the forums to ensure things run smoothly and members enjoy their time here (by keeping things organized, offering a dedicated source for forum related assistance, and for settling disputes).

So I see little comparison between the "BMA" and a moderation team.

11. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

The mods do a wonderful job IMHO, keep up the great work. However, they cant police everything and rampant NooBs flood the forum. I'm willing to trust mojo to get rid of the assholes, becuase if left unattended to INF could turn into CS or TAc-ops.

12. Bad.Mojo

That's a very legitimate concern, Hand, and let me address it here.

If you go far enough up the ladder, theres always somebody who answers to nobody. Maybe the moderators answer to warren and the admins, but who do they answer too? Now, I'm not accusing Warren, the Infiltration team, or, despite Prophetus' as<i></i>sholish behaviour, the Admins of anything in particular, but sooner or later, and with a little bit of rung climbing, your question can apply to anybody.

Who does the BMA answer too? Me. I will not allow the BMA to become a group of hateful tyrants. We're funloving, free-speech endorsing people. I have my ideals, I have my own set of rules. These rules guide me through life very specifically and I won't comprimise them even if its painful for me.

I despise prejudgmental bigots, but here in Canada we have an anti-hate propaganda law. I despise this law because it oppresses free speech. How long before science fiction books are outlawed because people who strongly disbelieve in Aliens accuse it of being hateful? How long before the Bible is outlawed because gays find some passages hateful?

Where the Hell does it stop?

I have to allow these bigots, I have to allow these hateful, prejudgmental bastards the right to distribute any kind of hate literature they want, because otherwise, sooner or later, they'll come for me too.

13. HanD_of_DarKNesS

Hey Mojo, if you are against the Anti-Hate laws, what's your comment on this smoking Ban? :D :D :D I love it, and I think it'll stand up in court on Monday, but who knows.

Anywho, if you're fun loving and will ensure that BMA doesn't get out of hand, that's fine. However, all I will say is that I sincerely hope you or any member of your group does not overstep their bounds. I agree with the anti-hate laws here in Canada, as I do with many other laws (except the YOA, which needs a drastic overhaul). As a moderator, I will not stand for unprovoked attacks on any member of this community (new or old).

Though I agree that there is a point in every hierarchy where those with power have no superiors, I also see the need to keep order. I agree with the Canadian policing system, anarchy is NOT a good thing. Since I have superiors to answer to, I will protect the members of this community by whatever means are necessary, since I know I will have to answer for my actions if they are inappropriate.

14. Bad.Mojo

<i>Hey Mojo, if you are against the Anti-Hate laws, what's your comment on this smoking Ban? I love it, and I think it'll stand up in court on Monday, but who knows.</i>

I think its terrible. Most of the people who wrote in were saying "well, I'm so glad smoking is even banned outside because I can't walk down the street without coughing due to smokers."

In Kanata, so my friend who lives there tells me, its not even legal for somebody to light up a cigarette <i>in their own car</i>. THEIR OWN FU<i></i>CKING CAR FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

I wonder if they ever considered it was the forty thousand buses and cars pumping exhaust every single second, and not the handful of smokers lighting up every hour...

Regardless, its a terrible, terrible law, and I'm not saying that as a smoker. I'm saying that as a human being. Mark my words, in ten, twenty years we won't be allowed to drink alcohol in public places because the smell offends people or whatnot. Its a basic acceptance of my rights. I'm not sure why the government continues to sell tabacco if its so bad *cough*corporatewhores*cough* but the point is, there's so many things that are so much more carcinogenic.

Like my example of cars. Motor vehicles (and this includes any hydrocarbon based transport) pump out a <i>million</i> times as many carcinogens and other harmful chemicals than an average smoker can produce in a life time, yet nobody would think of banning these. Its easier for the anti-smoking nazis to blame smokers for their health problems than look in the mirror. Not only is this smoking law oppressive, it is grossly hypocritical. That is why I <i>must</i> oppose it. Furthermore, despite all the lies and rhetoric the city council is spewing, I know for a fact a similar such law in Toronto (this law allows bars and outdoor patios as smoking areas) have reported an overall LOSS in money. Furthermore, my cousin (a restauranteur, the owner of Marshy's Barbecue at the Corel Centre) has reported losses already. If Toronto's food businesses are losing money overall while still allowing smoking outdoors and in bars, what will happen in Ottawa where such places aren't even allowed?

I'm getting tired though, the fight is slowly dying out of me. In two years, three tops, I'll do Jean the favour and march myself into the ovens.

Where does it end, honestly? That poor kid in cornwall arrested for writing a story... and these anti-hate laws that just make underground maryrs out of bigots instead of combatting bigoted prejudgmentalism with legitimate education (which I think is the <i>true</i> testament to our education system,) but rather duct taping a minority's mouth shut and silencing them forever.

In the past two years alone we have seen about ten wrongly convicted men let out of prison, and having dealth with the police myself on several occasions, I know they are nothing but petty thugs. Once in Quebec City during the FTAA protests, people voicing legitimate political dissent (and completely non-violent, I witnessed it first hand) were tear gassed. A Quebec City resident, not even part of the protests, was shot in the throat and is unable to speak for the rest of his life. An old woman, a part of the Raging Grannies, picked flowers and gave them to the police. She turned, walked no more than a metre, and was tear gassed. Three times after being arrested (twice for crimes I didn't commit) I was bullied by cops. On one occasion (charge of wire fraud,) they told me they would forcibly take me, and make me submit to a polygraph. I laughed in their faces and told me a polygraph is nothing but voluntary and even so is not admissable as prosecutorial evidence but only as defence evidence because of their unreliability. I was then taken, hand cuffed, and left in a cell overnight. They then seized my computer, and when my computer was returned to me, it was missing several components. Another time (charge of auto theft,) I was told I matched the description of a suspect in a crime. They said he had short blond hair, light build, no facial hair, and was about 5'5". I am 5'11", medium build, had long blond hair (at the time) and had a prominent goatee. The only thing our descriptions had in common was the hair colour. Yet still I got arrested. Another time, when my friend was in custody, he asked for me to sit in during his confession (this is legal, anybody can be present during a confession unless the suspect refuses)... when I went to walk into the confession room, a cop literally hit me in the stomach. When I told her I was going in there at his request, she said no. <i>She</i> broke the law. I have had several friends who have had police steal money from them. I have been stopped because I was walking the streets at 3 am because I couldn't sleep. A friend of mine was arrested and had his stuff "confiscated" (and never returned) for sitting on a curb waiting for a ride. Etc., etc.

We now have police that are allowed to break the law to infiltrate organised crime. To commit crimes against property (but not person) in an effort to gain their trust. People are now allowed to be arrested, charged, and prosecuted for WEARING gang colours or symbols.

This is ridiculous. First of all, all that the new laws are going to do is rather than have an initiation of people selling drugs (which was common before) the initiation rite will be to kill somebody. The government should legalise and institutionalise drugs (like the LCBO and the Tabacco Control Board,) since drugs are no different from liquor or smokes. This would truly remove power from organised crime.

We got cops who break the law, kids getting arrested for writing fiction, protestors and by-standers getting shot, minorities persecuted, people censored...

As a true patriot and lover of my country, I fly my flag upside down. An upside down flag is the international symbol of a ship in distress, and so this country, once a mighty vessel of freedom and democracy, has become State 51, and as a true patriot, I cannot allow my beloved flag to fly upright until sense and sensibility is restored in this land I love so much.

I have been on the front lines. I have seen the worst of the worst. You may support this because you think its good. I can see what it truly does, and I warn you. Nothing good can come of this.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2001
  15. Thrash123

Ya know Mojo, I don't know if it's me, but I'm starting to make some sense out of what your saying now...

I think I can halfway agree with you. You've got interesting opinions, and they are CERTAINLY not cookie cutter esque in any manner (that drives me insane, people who get their morals from TV and movies). So this is the nature of the beast... well, you have my support as long as you don't get murderous on us. I'm not saying I'll put [BMA] in my IRC nick or anything, but if you need something I can provide, might as well let me know.

No, I'm not trying to attract the favor of Mojo, we still have a LOT of areas where we disagree... but he has his strong opinions which make the man.

My mom is a smoker. It sure would have made life a lot easier if she wasn't (I have bad chronic asthma and am near allgeric to everything), but I expect her to kick the habit herself, rather than letting the governments rule us on that. As we all know and have heard, habits are hard to break cold turkey, especially when the person has been doing it for longer than her only child has been living (I'm 18).

btw, didn't read all of the last post mojo, I figured it was just supporting statements, and I need to go get some food for my dorm room.

16. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Mojo, I understand exactly what you mean. Only America is 10x times worse in that respect (supressing free-speech because it 'offends', and corrupt and oppresive police departments). The police will arrest you if they THINK you are going to commit a crime, now in my opinion that is simply bull-****.

America has to be the worst country on earth. Hurrah. I'm such a patriot, aren't I?

17. HanD_of_DarKNesS

No, Quebec is the worst country in the world.

They charge people for posting storefront signs and web pages which ARE NOT in french. They arrest and beat Anglophones (english people) for kicks. And they are the only place in the world which does not have the word "STOP" on stop signs, instead insisting on a french only wording: "ARRET" <sp?>

18. Bad.Mojo

Thanks Thrash. Again, if you have any reservations, just kick back, relax, and watch what happens. It can't hurt any.

You're right, I don't have cookie cutter opinions. Despite being a leftist, I'm pro-death penalty, anti-abortion, pro-gun. Three stances typically not held by leftists.

I hold them because i believe they're conducive to freedom of all life (i'll get back to the death penalty in a second on that,) etc., etc. I don't hold any opinions that absolutely everything the state does is wrong and therefore I'll hold every opposite opinion just because they're the state.

Well, back to the death penalty thing. Some people just flat out need to die. Most people, like all animals, kill for survival. They rob a liquor store and kill the clerk, or they kill a rival gang member, or they kill somebody in a car jacking, etc., etc. We may not understand, or we may think their reasons are petty. But the fact remains, sooner or later their crimes come back to either money or severe emotionality that puts them in distress. Both of these reasons boil down to survival -- the fear of starvation, the fear of pain.

But let me tell you some. We have an absolute monster here in Canada, by the name of Paul Bernardo (and his wife Karla Homolka)... he abducted, raped, tortured, killed by dismemberment with a chainsaw, all the while videotaping their exploits, about ten girls (including his sister-in-law, his wife's own flesh and blood.) He gets a nice solitary wing all to himself, with entertainment system, lady's razor (can't knick himself now!) etc., etc. While people who were forced to kill to survive are crammed like sardines in a can.

Now, I believe in prisoner's rights. They are as much human beings as the rest of us. But when a man rapes and brutally murders 14 year old girls solely for his own pleasure, he ceases to be a man and becomes a monster. There exists NO other reason in these murders than pure pleasure, and in such cases, this is not an animal instinct but a demonic force. And in such cases, it needs to be destroyed. I hate paying taxes to keep vile monsters like him, who would end an innocent school girl's life over weeks of rape and torture and false hope, solely for his sick and twisted pleasure. When a man like that gets better treatment from the government than a homeless person, when all a homeless person has to do to be safe from other prisoners and protected and fed and clothed and given a gym and free medical attention is BUTCHER SCHOOLGIRLS, you know theres something wrong with the system.

I say with monsters like this, where there is no possible excuse for their crimes, no matter how slight, seize their estate, take a single bullet, charge it to their auctioned property, and shoot it into their head. Period. This is about the right for OTHER people to live, and if it means killing a vicious monster in the process, so be it. Furthermore, Karla Homolka (because she betrayed her husband and her attorney withheld evidence that implicated her further) will be released in two short years. I, for one, will be one of the many lined up to kill her. And if you think that last sentence is a joke or sarcasm or in any way meant to show how much I hate her, think again. I will end her life if I have the chance. I won't take any pleasure in it, but I'll do it.

I just can't help thinking of little Paul and little Karla as babies, and wondering what made them what they are. It doesn't matter, I suppose. But people like this simply don't deserve tax dollars which could be used to help the sick or poor being spent on them.

19. Thrash123

I'm anti-abortion, and pro-gun (definately pro-gun, I love shooting, even if I can't own a gun on campus). As for death penalty, I feel it should only be used in EXTREME cases, such as you described. If it was a single target murder, depending on the seriousness, I feel it should either be life with paroll, or life without paroll (but, alas, I haven't gotten too much into the legal and penal systems much lately, so I don't quite know how things work now, and my opinions could easily be proven to be less than adequate).

Welp, my dorm room just got raided by a buncha guys with nerf guns... Gonna go out tonite and get some (you can get a full auto one for 12 bucks at dollar general) after my comp graphics I class.

Ok, later guys, gotta get my stuff together for Finite Math.