[BETA] Addon Overtime Last Chance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
You can touch the blocker accidentally on some maps, for example on Gauntlet or Addien, so that's not the best idea.

Lecter - I made the code to clear the messages, but it simple doesn't work - don't know why. I need to consult with someone more experienced in UC to understand why. Kicking effect... not sure if it's good when playing on Heights or Eternal Caves.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Instead of a kicker, you could have a message "player X tried to release his team but .... (insert something witty)". Then if the player keeps on doing it, the enemy team can go get him :D

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Yeah, it does seem like things are almost going over-the-top. Its sole purpose is to disable releases during overtime, not really to through him around or penalise players who keep hitting the switch.

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I'll remember the message =) that's quite a cool one =). Also, I need native speakers to translate the localizables into spanish, italian, german and french. I'll post the localizables on the weekend.

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Ok, I made the messages to be displayed when some player of attaking team touches the blocker, but I can't make kicking effect. I quckly looked through the wiki, and didn't found anything on the subject. So, if anyone could help me with it,i'd be really glad.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
installed version rc3 on my server, got this:
serverlog
MenuText: No description configured for property 'bLockHasDefenderColor'

serverlog
Warning: ChatFilter JB-Cosmos.ChatFilter (Function Engine.BroadcastHandler.BroadcastLocalized:0076) Accessed None 'Receiver'
literally spamming the logfile with this message, maybe the addon tries to send messages to bots ?

and an option to limit the duration of the overtime would be good, coz during testing & being in overtime, 2 bots of my team were camping @ the release switch trying to get me out, and opponent bots doing the same @ their release switch... the match would never end that way. or maybe their ai should be set automatically to run around trying to find the opponent.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
All the bots need to be put on a freelance squad, are add-ons able to override AI settings? I'm not sure of how they work. Looks to me like you want to call PutOnFreelance() in JBBotTeam on all the bots and then lock out the AI re-assessments for the bots after that.

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
the final version has a couple of options - you can select if the players will be reset at the start of overtime, and if so should it be everyone or only free players. Also you can disable the arena matches in overtime. Check the readme for details.

Download it here

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
yes, I'll just check for this issue -
Warning: ChatFilter JB-Cosmos.ChatFilter (Function Engine.BroadcastHandler.BroadcastLocalized:0076) Accessed None 'Receiver'

hasn't noticed that post before...

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
It seems I was to hasty to call this one final. The issue with bots may have happened because I accidentally commented out the bit of code that clears the jails tags. Mychaeel said that this may cause the bots to realise that there's no switch to attack Anyway, now the bots take weapon and sit on defence, which I missed. Damn... that's what happens when you code at 5AM. Aside fixing the brodcasting log spam there's also another bug fixed that was causing spam in the log too (when exluding players for arena). Ok, now the bots go on the attack, when overtime starts.

Here are the fixed links:
http://battousainet.dyndns.org:60080/~lynx/JBAddonOvertimeLastChance-105-ut4mod.zip
http://battousainet.dyndns.org:60080/~lynx/JBAddonOvertimeLastChance-105.zip

Videowiz92

Video Freek
Jul 18, 2005
I can't use the add-on at all. When you go into OT it kicks me out of the game and brings up an error message. Is the add-on compatible with IA? I even unzip it using the u-mod version.

This is what appears:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1796 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (6693)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::execClassContext <- (JBAddonOvertimeLastChance JB-SavoIsland.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance @ Function JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.MakeLocalChanges : 0014) <- UObject::processEvent <- (JBAddonOvertimeLastChance JB-SavoIsland.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance, Function JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Savo Island <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

It is just an ordinary Instant Action game; no muators on SavoIsland. Is it just SavoIsland or have other people had this problem on other maps?

Last edited: