1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[BETA] Addon Overtime Last Chance

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by _Lynx, Apr 13, 2005.

1. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

You can touch the blocker accidentally on some maps, for example on Gauntlet or Addien, so that's not the best idea.

Lecter - I made the code to clear the messages, but it simple doesn't work - don't know why. I need to consult with someone more experienced in UC to understand why. Kicking effect... not sure if it's good when playing on Heights or Eternal Caves.

2. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

Why not? Only let it kick the attacking team
    (I would love to see someone dum enough to hit the switch in overtime and fall in the lava)

3. _Lynx

spawn teambased kicker?

4. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

dont like the idea of a kicker? what's the point? so what if a person if around the lock? really pointless.

5. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Instead of a kicker, you could have a message "player X tried to release his team but .... (insert something witty)". Then if the player keeps on doing it, the enemy team can go get him :D

6. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Yeah, it does seem like things are almost going over-the-top. Its sole purpose is to disable releases during overtime, not really to through him around or penalise players who keep hitting the switch.

7. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

:rolleyes:
    --
    i suppose the message would be better.
    but doesnt stop newbies who dont read and others who cant unstand English ;)
    "Sexmachine tryed to release the blue team but lost his key, D'oh" :)

8. expisCoR

expisCoR Thinktank for the "Head CoR JB Mapper"

But first, you need a Homer Simpson Skin that appears with that text.

9. _Lynx

I'll remember the message =) that's quite a cool one =). Also, I need native speakers to translate the localizables into spanish, italian, german and french. I'll post the localizables on the weekend.

10. _Lynx

Ok, I made the messages to be displayed when some player of attaking team touches the blocker, but I can't make kicking effect. I quckly looked through the wiki, and didn't found anything on the subject. So, if anyone could help me with it,i'd be really glad.

11. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Personally its not really needed. If silly people try to use the disabled switch just show them a "you are an idiot" message or something more informative.

12. Spudsy

Spudsy Unreal Tournament Junkie

Yeah a kick is just a little to serious for if someone makes a mistake or something you know?

13. 4WD

4WD globle

installed version rc3 on my server, got this:
    literally spamming the logfile with this message, maybe the addon tries to send messages to bots ?

and an option to limit the duration of the overtime would be good, coz during testing & being in overtime, 2 bots of my team were camping @ the release switch trying to get me out, and opponent bots doing the same @ their release switch... the match would never end that way. or maybe their ai should be set automatically to run around trying to find the opponent.

14. Birelli

Birelli meh...

All the bots need to be put on a freelance squad, are add-ons able to override AI settings? I'm not sure of how they work. Looks to me like you want to call PutOnFreelance() in JBBotTeam on all the bots and then lock out the AI re-assessments for the bots after that.

15. _Lynx

the final version has a couple of options - you can select if the players will be reset at the start of overtime, and if so should it be everyone or only free players. Also you can disable the arena matches in overtime. Check the readme for details.

Download it here

16. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

If this is the release version, I can put it on Fileworks for you.
    Can I change the filename of the zip to JBAddonOvertimeLastChance-100.zip?

17. _Lynx

yes, I'll just check for this issue -
    Warning: ChatFilter JB-Cosmos.ChatFilter (Function Engine.BroadcastHandler.BroadcastLocalized:0076) Accessed None 'Receiver'

hasn't noticed that post before...

18. _Lynx

It seems I was to hasty to call this one final. The issue with bots may have happened because I accidentally commented out the bit of code that clears the jails tags. Mychaeel said that this may cause the bots to realise that there's no switch to attack Anyway, now the bots take weapon and sit on defence, which I missed. Damn... that's what happens when you code at 5AM. Aside fixing the brodcasting log spam there's also another bug fixed that was causing spam in the log too (when exluding players for arena). Ok, now the bots go on the attack, when overtime starts.

Here are the fixed links:
    http://battousainet.dyndns.org:60080/~lynx/JBAddonOvertimeLastChance-105-ut4mod.zip
    http://battousainet.dyndns.org:60080/~lynx/JBAddonOvertimeLastChance-105.zip

19. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Uploaded to fileworks.
    I'll post news once the mirrors have the files. :)

20. Videowiz92

Videowiz92 Video Freek

I can't use the add-on at all. When you go into OT it kicks me out of the game and brings up an error message. Is the add-on compatible with IA? I even unzip it using the u-mod version.

This is what appears:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1796 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (6693)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::execClassContext <- (JBAddonOvertimeLastChance JB-SavoIsland.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance @ Function JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.MakeLocalChanges : 0014) <- UObject::processEvent <- (JBAddonOvertimeLastChance JB-SavoIsland.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance, Function JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.JBAddonOvertimeLastChance.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Savo Island <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

It is just an ordinary Instant Action game; no muators on SavoIsland. Is it just SavoIsland or have other people had this problem on other maps?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005