1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[BETA] Addon Overtime Last Chance

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by _Lynx, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

You change staticmesh textures with the Display > Skins array.

For the kicking effect you're going to have to be careful... Sometimes the release switch is placed in hazardous locations, like about a lava pit, and so pushing players too far would... well you know the rest.
    The best thing to do is to set it to *something*, play a few games with it, and see if its too far or not.

2. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

How about stright up? ;) ooo plus while in the air, screw about with the view like in that old matrix moves mod :lol: Then add a chicken sound xD
    .......or maybe not :x I'll just stop >_>

3. Matthew Leech

Matthew Leech Is not my real name.

I don't like the idea of a kicker because it doesn't really matter if that person "camps" around a lock. I like truebloods idea of the kicker straight up and i like the chicken noise that would alert the other team :D

4. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Nah, not too much. Have you ever tried to cross the IndusRage's jaildoor? (I know, yes :D)
    I think something a little stronger than IndusRage doors is OK. I agree with MathewLeech, I don't care if a person camps in overtime.
    A stronger radius would be great for the other addon 'ReleaseSwitch flip' ;)

5. Matthew Leech

Matthew Leech Is not my real name.

suggestion about the colors:

Blue lock has the red BR color

and red vice versa (as mentioned in this thread)

6. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Yeah, I know how to change staticmesh textures, but that will limit the blocker to two colors. Is that ok? The project tarquin mentioned will allow to assign any color to a switch, if I'm not mistaken. So, haveing only two colors might be not good good enough.

Is there a way to change the texture color? F.e. if I will make a white texture for SM, can somehow change the color of it's overlay... ah.. I'll check the code of that mutator that changed the colors of the team staticmeshes in CTF and contact it's author on permisson to use his code. It'll be quite useful.

7. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

No, it just flips the red and blue colours of the switches.
    So you just need to test if a switch is red or blue -- by checking its colour directly rather than its team.

8. _Lynx

By switch you mean JBDecoSwitchPadlock, JBDecoSwitchKey or JBObjectiveSwitch? I suppose you mean JBDecoSwitchKey, as I've found color var only there.

9. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

10. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

You'd better take the color from the corresponding ParticleEmitter though. SetDefendingTeam is bound to change to take the new client-side color switch option into account.

11. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Once you have the shield set to the same colour as the switch, could you post another screenshot please?
    The first one isn't very good to use for the news page -- this is the best I can get from it, you can't see the focus of the picture very well. get a bit closer to the switch! :)

Attached Files:

12. _Lynx

Zed, I don't particularly like that idea, since this in certain occasions this could lead to one team switching to hiding from opposing team for the whole overtime. F.e. in 5x5 play team A wins every it's round without or with no more than 2 deaths. Team B dies much more. If they mange to reach 3:3 or a higher even score we will see that team A has much more kills than team B, so no capture in overtime will give the victory to them. But Team B needs to score, in order to win. So this may be only a "back up" solution for mas that have no arena. May be it'll be a better idea to count kills minus releases. Who has this number lesser wins.

Mychaeel, can you tell me where this color setting will be stored, so I can check it there.

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  13. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

I wasnt exactly keen on it myself... just throwing ideas around :)

14. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

I would say let the user decide on the overtime length. You could even add a slider that scales the OT time proportionally to the time the match has lasted:

Code:
    Overtime duration           [-----------------*----] seconds
    Scale to match time        [-----------------*----] percent

As for the shoot-out -- that could take a very long time, and the main point of this add-on is to wrap up a match fairly quickly.
    What about an option to shoot-out only the top scoring players, or N pairs of top-scoring players?

15. _Lynx

An update!

I've finished the version with blockers changing color depending on the color of client-side
    JBDecoSwitchBasket(JBGameObjectiveSwitch.ListDecoration).Emitters[0].ColorScale[1].Color (that's where I should look for it, right?) variable. Right now the blockers have the color of the team attacking the appropriate switch. So, the switch that releases the red team is covered with red blocker. If anyone thinks that should be changed - you're free to post. I think this version is solid RC: all basic features are implemented and work well. All other features like hockey-match structure I'll keep for v2. If no one will find any flaws in that version, I'll clean the debug code out (currently it's being wrapped with if (bDebug) ) and will write a readme.

Attached Files:

16. _Lynx

tarquin, here's the screen as it looks now

Attached Files:

17. Kyril =VIII=

Kyril =VIII= New Member

Where do the Classes files go?

18. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

It's OK, but I think the red protection should be in the red switch and vice-versa...
    > In overtime, the message 'You are the last player, release your team' is still displayed, is possible removing it?
    > I think these options would be cool: ( yeh, I've already said this: :rolleyes: )
    - 1. An option to allow ArenaMatch or not.
    - 2. Another option to release/teleport (or not) all players when the overtime begins...
    > And I keep saying a little kicking effect around the switches would make them more elegant... :D

19. _Lynx

Kyril, the classes folder contains the source code of addon for those who want to look how it was done or learn UnrealScript. Youn don't have to unzip them if you want just to play with addon.

20. expisCoR

expisCoR Thinktank for the "Head CoR JB Mapper"

just a suggestion

This is just a suggestion (or an option to add to let the server admin decide). Have the 'protected' lock give damage/kill those trying to use it (in overtime).