Best taunts from the UT series that should be put in the expansion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
What are your favourite taunts from the unreal series?

My all time favourite has got to be "I'm sorry did I blow your head apart" from UT.
"You fight like nali" has charm, but the Mr Crow voice kind of ruins it. They should bring back "you fight like nali" but make it sound more scathing and brutal.

The skaarj "#$%@" taunt from UT was pretty lol too.

I think the robots should steal a taunt from portal:
Your entire life up to this point has been a mathematical error which I am about to correct.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
Ha ha ha!

(Remember?)

Yeah I loved spamming that taunt when I used Malcom as my character in UT99.:D

I also quite liked "that hard to hurt".

In Ut99 there was a 'Warboss Cuss Voice Pack' where you could say things like "you mother f***er". Does anyone know if it was an official voice pack?

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
A lot of the UT3 taunts sound dorky. I wouldn't mind bringing some taunts in from UT2004, like from Brock for example. I would rather have new announcer voices than a taunt pack though. I don't get why UT3 only shipped with one announcer voice. I guess their focus for UT3 was consoles obviously and console gamers don't care for all the additions that UT2004 and earlier had.

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
How about **** yeah and die bitch? Considering this is an M rated game its pretty stupid that they are censored.

Also, holy **** kills need to come back. NOW.

^this is all going to be censored but you know what I'm trying to say.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I always loved the "YOU FIGHT LIKE A GIRL" coming from the female characters, just because of the "wait, what?" factor. And yes, You fight like nali is a classic.

I had a couple of favorites but grr, I can't remember them. I was a fond of the female juggernauts' "You bleed better than you shoot", just because of the gritty steroid voice.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Yeah, i laughed and still do, but I prefer monster kills as the ultimate killing streak.

"you fight like a girl" from the female characters.... never noticed it! :lol: I must be focusing on the gameplay too much. But that is very funny, they should make that taunt come only from the female characters just to solidify the WTF factor.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
"You like that ?"
"Oh yeah !"

Preferably done while humping.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I liked a combination of two taunts in the Xan voice of UT99:
"You are inferior."
"I am superior."
As for others, yea, "Sorry, did I blow your head apart" is hilarious :D
Talking about UT2004 taunts, well, they're all pretty generic. Probably my most liked one is "No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering".
Now taunts in Unreal II were really cool. "Last one to bag a Ghost buys dinner!", "Kick the tyres and light the fires!", "You are worthless and weak!"
UT3 taunts were quite good as well. "End of line...", "Smell burnt meat... Make me hungry! *groan*", and overall the Necris pack seems to have quite nice taunts.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I liked a combination of two taunts in the Xan voice of UT99:
"You are inferior."
"I am superior."
As for others, yea, "Sorry, did I blow your head apart" is hilarious :D
Talking about UT2004 taunts, well, they're all pretty generic. Probably my most liked one is "No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering".
Now taunts in Unreal II were really cool. "Last one to bag a Ghost buys dinner!", "Kick the tyres and light the fires!", "You are worthless and weak!"
UT3 taunts were quite good as well. "End of line...", "Smell burnt meat... Make me hungry! *groan*", and overall the Necris pack seems to have quite nice taunts.

Unreal2 taunts? I didn't hear them (guess I have to check when I will get my computer back), except for U2XMP taunts, which are perhaps the most useful taunts in combat, but not anything really fresh and funny, except for saying negative and such things at funny moments, or players going to infinite "affirmative" "negative" argues...:lol:
At all some players talk only via taunts in game, when you say hi they say acknowledged or affirmative, etc.
As for skaarj hybrid taunts in first UT, believe it or not, but it didn't include any new taunt as in sound, all the sounds were already existing ones, only altered via script to have different pitch, etc, when played. That's why they sounded like they sounded.. :p
I like UT3 taunts at all though, but some more funny I would appreciate too, or the ones that makes remarks towards developers, such as "blame the coders"

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I love the necris ones in UT3 but I kind of miss the softer male voice and hither pitched female voice comeing from Necris.

The electronic voice and lowering them just kind of makes them seem a bit odd but they creep people out and if thay creep people out I like them.