Best taunts from the UT series that should be put in the expansion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
nothing beats "Holy shiiit!" from the Sexy announcer voice in UT2k4. Especially when you keep killing and she says it repeatedly.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
I think all the old skoolers here are going to agree on a few:

BOOM!
You Like That?
Ha Ha Ha
Oh Yeah!

Now as a fan of the entire series, the only UT2Kx taunt that made me laugh every time well into the games life span was

"I can't feel my legs"

Of course, back to the old school again:

Moooo!
Oba di!

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I would rather have new announcer voices than a taunt pack though. I don't get why UT3 only shipped with one announcer voice. I guess their focus for UT3 was consoles obviously and console gamers don't care for all the additions that UT2004 and earlier had.
They could always hire me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91cN8v0L_Dk&fmt=22

On-topic: Definitely Ha Ha Ha!

...and pretty much all the rest from UT.

I used to have "Ha ha ha!" bound to a key and we'd have "Ha ha ha!" wars on the old LoD server.

"BOOM!" was good, but "Ha ha ha!" wars always were the best.
It was definitely something special. I'd spend entire matches having back and forths of Ha ha ha! with a teammate in CTF. I was devestated when they took it out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if CTF's subsequent demise was due almost entirely to this omission.

but not anything really fresh and funny, except for saying negative and such things at funny moments, or players going to infinite "affirmative" "negative" argues...:lol:
At all some players talk only via taunts in game, when you say hi they say acknowledged or affirmative, etc.
I had some of these in 2k4 also. Can be f'ing funny. It is so simple yet so perfect, and somehow adds to the fun of the game. It was a sad moment when I realized the best thing UT3 has is making fun of "demoguy" and "eff yeah!" because we're laughing at it, not with it. Not that demoguy himself is bad, I love the design of the model.. but just the fact that the bug is there.. And if I'm not mistaken, even the UT demo had more than just one model. So it is like for every sequel they try less and less.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
lol edit your posts!
It was definitely something special. I'd spend entire matches having back and forths of Ha ha ha! with a teammate in CTF. I was devestated when they took it out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if CTF's subsequent demise was due almost entirely to this omission.

I couldn't agree more :lol: CTF failed due to this

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The Skaarj voice? They had none my friend! These were created for the genmokai/nightmares, not to mention even a pitch wasn't edited like it was in original UT! :lol:

Skaarj are nightmares + a few unused also nightmares, like Douche Bag (I always thought it was something like jushcrag lol). And yes, Alien2 was meant to be used by Gen Mo'Kai, but they also used nightmares for some reason.

haboo jii actually :lol:

and ooba da

No, it's Habouji and Oubudah. Though Eekels (XceptOne) called Habouji "Habo Gee".

I prefer spamming my sig, cause it's so hawt.

It's almost "Blame the coders" :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Anyway...the original UT demo had one model only too...only it had more skins avaiable, from two factions and that's it, but it had only maletwo model.

And at certain servers the demoguy bug never happens for some reasons, I wonder why...