1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Best taunts from the UT series that should be put in the expansion

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by TheIronKnuckle, Dec 14, 2008.

1. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

What are your favourite taunts from the unreal series?

My all time favourite has got to be "I'm sorry did I blow your head apart" from UT.
    "You fight like nali" has charm, but the Mr Crow voice kind of ruins it. They should bring back "you fight like nali" but make it sound more scathing and brutal.

The skaarj "#$%@" taunt from UT was pretty lol too.

I think the robots should steal a taunt from portal:
    Your entire life up to this point has been a mathematical error which I am about to correct.

2. Rask

Rask New Member

Ha ha ha!

(Remember?)

3. In73gr4L

In73gr4L New Member

Yeah I loved spamming that taunt when I used Malcom as my character in UT99.:D

I also quite liked "that hard to hurt".

In Ut99 there was a 'Warboss Cuss Voice Pack' where you could say things like "you mother f***er". Does anyone know if it was an official voice pack?

4. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

All I want is "boom!" back.

5. LG1X

LG1X New Member

A lot of the UT3 taunts sound dorky. I wouldn't mind bringing some taunts in from UT2004, like from Brock for example. I would rather have new announcer voices than a taunt pack though. I don't get why UT3 only shipped with one announcer voice. I guess their focus for UT3 was consoles obviously and console gamers don't care for all the additions that UT2004 and earlier had.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  6. Bort

Bort nou

EFF YEA!

7. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

AWW SMLUCH!!

8. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

How about **** yeah and die bitch? Considering this is an M rated game its pretty stupid that they are censored.

Also, holy **** kills need to come back. NOW.

^this is all going to be censored but you know what I'm trying to say.

9. TheIronKnuckle

I prefered mmmonster kills to hhhhholy sh*t kills personally

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

I always loved the "YOU FIGHT LIKE A GIRL" coming from the female characters, just because of the "wait, what?" factor. And yes, You fight like nali is a classic.

I had a couple of favorites but grr, I can't remember them. I was a fond of the female juggernauts' "You bleed better than you shoot", just because of the gritty steroid voice.

11. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Actually, the first time I heard a "Holy SHlT!" made me laugh pretty hard. Totally was not expecting that.

12. TheIronKnuckle

Yeah, i laughed and still do, but I prefer monster kills as the ultimate killing streak.

"you fight like a girl" from the female characters.... never noticed it! :lol: I must be focusing on the gameplay too much. But that is very funny, they should make that taunt come only from the female characters just to solidify the WTF factor.

13. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

Thease are all good, but what i really want from Santa is the abillity to turn them OFF! :lol:

14. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

"You like that ?"
    "Oh yeah !"

Preferably done while humping.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  15. iron12

iron12 New Member

"Squeal Boy, Squeal."

16. WHIPperSNAPper

WHIPperSNAPper New Member

Let's Rrrrrrock!

Squeal Boy! Squeal!

17. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

I liked a combination of two taunts in the Xan voice of UT99:
    "You are inferior."
    "I am superior."
    As for others, yea, "Sorry, did I blow your head apart" is hilarious :D
    Talking about UT2004 taunts, well, they're all pretty generic. Probably my most liked one is "No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering".
    Now taunts in Unreal II were really cool. "Last one to bag a Ghost buys dinner!", "Kick the tyres and light the fires!", "You are worthless and weak!"
    UT3 taunts were quite good as well. "End of line...", "Smell burnt meat... Make me hungry! *groan*", and overall the Necris pack seems to have quite nice taunts.

18. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Unreal2 taunts? I didn't hear them (guess I have to check when I will get my computer back), except for U2XMP taunts, which are perhaps the most useful taunts in combat, but not anything really fresh and funny, except for saying negative and such things at funny moments, or players going to infinite "affirmative" "negative" argues...:lol:
    At all some players talk only via taunts in game, when you say hi they say acknowledged or affirmative, etc.
    As for skaarj hybrid taunts in first UT, believe it or not, but it didn't include any new taunt as in sound, all the sounds were already existing ones, only altered via script to have different pitch, etc, when played. That's why they sounded like they sounded.. :p
    I like UT3 taunts at all though, but some more funny I would appreciate too, or the ones that makes remarks towards developers, such as "blame the coders"

19. Kazimira

Kazimira Necris Fan

I love the necris ones in UT3 but I kind of miss the softer male voice and hither pitched female voice comeing from Necris.

The electronic voice and lowering them just kind of makes them seem a bit odd but they creep people out and if thay creep people out I like them.

20. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

They can only be normally heard in the Swamp mission. However, I've made a taunt pack for UT2004 out of those:
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=180943
    With a taunt list inside :D