1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Be Smart, don't Vote Republican (says new Canadian study)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jacks:Revenge, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Zer0

Zer0 .

I am indeed super awesome.

2. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

Just going to drop this little firebomb for your viewing pleasures here.
    [m]http://youtu.be/zrIDHNqUTPM[/m]

3. haarg

haarg PC blowticious

there's a link at the bottom of the forum index to view forum leaders

half of the admins listed aren't around anymore

4. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Damn, already 3 years since Hyru posted somewhat regularly?!

Couldn't watch (too painful), please transcribe.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Thanks haarg. Sorry the admin staff isn't fully loaded anymore. It can be hard to maintain a busy forum. Yes Jes. That was painful to watch but only because it was too long. Little spats like that one are always uncomfortable no matter which way it goes.

I thought the significantly older woman who was likely nervous from not normally being interviewed on camera did pretty good vs these guys that do this regularly I think. Was it just me or did they pass up what appeared to be more prepared people and go for the little lady. I also think they should have left her alone when she first asked them to leave her alone.

I have had a tension headache for 3 weeks. I've seen the doctor. I've been on meds. I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago and quit drinking too. Today is the first day I have woken up without a headache. I feel soooooo much better now. I hope everyone else is having a fine day!

Back to topic. I heard Obama got the Senate to vote down a bill from the house that would have allowed the new pipeline from Canada to happen thus making the U.S. more energy independent. Then he was spotted giving a speech yesterday saying that as the demand for gas goes down the cost will even though the cost has gone up and we are at a 15 year low for oil consumption in this country. I need to find the you tube video of that!

6. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The XL portion of the Keystone pipeline would do little in the way of making us more energy independent. The existing pipeline goes to refineries in the heartland of the United States, which are conveniently located for US consumption. The XL pipeline would have been pumped to refineries along the Gulf Coast in Texas. This is a convenient location in relation to Gulf of Mexico trade routes, for tankers to load up on refined oil for foreign markets. This plan has nothing to do about the United States becoming more energy independent. If anything it would have provided a few temporary construction jobs, which would vanish once the pipeline would have been completed.

7. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

I stopped watching after 1:30.
    If i wanted to watch arrogant teenagers bully older women i'd go down to the town centre after school was out.

8. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Score 1 for Shadow Dragon! THANK YOU!

9. cryptophreak

cryptophreak unbalanced

Goddamn that bitch represents everything that I hate about everyone. I don't care about her political opinions, but to watch her face as gallons of unreasoned panic-talk are spewed from it is enraging. I'm going to take a nap now.

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Pfft. Most people do that when cornered on their opinions. This is nothing new. Some retard like Rush Limbaugh could probably back those kids into a corner and make them say stupid crap. It's meaningless.

If that bothers you, all I can say is "Welcome back to Planet Earth."

11. cryptophreak

cryptophreak unbalanced

I have no interest in returning to earth from my present Internet-connected space pod.

12. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Both of these. I can't stand bullshit like the person who is fighting with her (seriously, he's a dick), and I can't stand people spewing such obviously misinformed garbage about their favorite politician. Democracy is great, except for the people.

13. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

cool story bro

14. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

Yes, most people do that when cornered, but of course you'd create a distraction around your beloved Mitt Romney and his "low information voters" :p

15. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

If I was going to go out to behave like she did, I'd probably expect to be confronted and try to be ready for it.

She was obviously surprised that someone actually approached her.

16. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I could find "low information voters" for every political candidate out there, so this means nothing. Obama had people thinking he would pay their mortgages and to put gas in their car. Dumb people will come up with any stupid thing to believe.

17. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pretty much.

18. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

19. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

I would've said the same, that she should've expected to be approached and talked tob ut don't forget she didn't have just a guy come up and ask question, she had a guy with a cameraman who refused to say who he was come up and harass her. From her first response it was clear to her and everyone else he didn't give a damn what her answers were. He had some one-liner questions to throw out and he was determined to do it.

20. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

well, if it's all for show then one liners are a must, and she was obviously there for show.