ARMA2 - out in germany already!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Skip food for 4 weeks and pick up the GTX 295. :D

Actually, scratch that. Keep the 9600GT. Infiltration is still the only game worth playing. :p
hehe..

I read that the GTX 295 is problematic for ARMA2. Don't ask for links because i can't remember. But anyway that's why i'll most probably go for the 285.

The 4890 ATI card offers the same or better performance in ARMA, according to the benchmark link found on the previous page, but i've had not so good experiences with ATI range cards overall.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
gtx295 should work better now.

My e6420 is a a refresh of the first generation of intel core 2 duo's so its not new at all.

I currently am playing arma 2 on medium-low settings at constant 60 fps(vsync) with a fairly high view distance.(3km or something) I can put up the settings higher for sure but havent really been bothered to look for the best performace/looks combo.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Ok, i play Arma 2 with Ace 2 for 3 weeks, and Arma is now on a lvl it should have been released. I love the new functions, like using bipods, switching between Scope and IS on ACOG, the new weapons and so on.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
ARMA2 should have been released in another 2 years when 5 ghz quad cpu's are common. Also, Arma2's player movement should be seriously tweaked untill it's similar to normal movement instead of adhd sidesteps and clunky sticking animations.

Hmm.. all rant. Less redbull for me today.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I bet they didn't have a choice but to release what they had due to lack of budget. As for the movement system (and all other issues with the game), it's really nothing compared to how retarded other games can get on certain (or many) aspects.

It's kind of hard to bash a game that has no real competition in its genre. No matter how much you (and I) think it could've been done better, it's still much better than anything else.