Anyone see this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
i would hope that even with the same map from 2k3 in 2k4.. that small changes would be made to make the maps better.
and dont forget the large crowd of people who didnt like or didnt play 2k3. (me).. a lot of that stuff will be new to us.
jsut enjoy fragging us "level" newbies. :)

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
*manhugs lewis.*
at least in ONS they cant have instagib can they? no vehicles, no power core, no powering up the nodes.. so i hope ONS is safe from the abomination that is instaruin.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Insta-ruin...lol
Nice siggy Houdini.
"Almost exclusively ONS??"
um...no.
There were a TON of CTF/DSM/AS/BR servers running last night...many of them packed.
ONS will not now, nor ever, kill off CTF. I guarentee it. I like ONS very much, but iI still want my CTF.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
well, chacnes are the Necris were meant to be some sort of spoiler

I mean, think about it. Necris ASSASIN. Chances are they will screw you over randomly in the ladder or something.

wishful thinking, I know, but I don't care :p. So far wishful thinking has worked for UT2k4 and my brain is just waiting to get screwed over by Epic :)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Ummm! Lots of maps from 2003? What did you expect may i ask 107 new maps and that you could only use the old maps if you copied them across yourself? Why would they take any maps OUT? Where would the sense be! Please? And i find it amusing you get two new game types and 107 maps in total and there are already complaints over lack of content despite the fact which would appear to me quite conclusive! You've not played the full game yet!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
janiwashere said:
Yeah, 1/3 or so are new :(

Wow... that's not even close.

I counted 51 never-before-seen maps and an additional 3 conversions that were not in UT2003 or bonus packs.

That's 54 out of 105... much more than 1/3. In fact, just over 1/2.

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
hal said:

I counted 51 never-before-seen maps and an additional 3 conversions that were not in UT2003 or bonus packs.

going to blast him on his math hal?...anyways, i think that epic would probably put changes in the levels from ut2k3...and if they are the same, hopefully, since ut2k4 is supposed to attract the ut community back, they'll have more people playing the levels....more peeps on better bandwith=better games

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
That kinda freaked me out at first and then I did remember all UT2003 content in UT2004 and that would mean the maps as well. Don't worry, the user-made maps will come. Build them, they will come. ;)

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
hal said:

We were talking about just the CTF maps, and as much as I'd like to have "51 never-before-seen" maps for CTF I doubt it'll happen :D
The CTF numbers are way down there...

janiwashere

FC-03B
Jan 12, 2000
Finlandia
www.carpeimperium.com
hal said:

err.. I was talking about CTF maps. You can see the list in XX's post which I didn't bother to quote fully :)