Anyone see this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SamiB

Feb 12, 2004
When I went under the system folder for the demo there appeared to be a grand list of all of the maps included in UT2k4 in a .int file.
The thing that I really noticed was a Lava Giant level, Elec Fields, Hyperblast 2, Curse 4, and Deck 17. Is it really possible that these will be in UT2k4 or what?

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
yea, I know that Curse 4 and Deck 17 will be there. I heard something about Lava Giant also... dont know about hyperblast, or Elec Fields. I never heard of Elec Fields, where's that one from?

SamiB

Feb 12, 2004
Elec Fields was supposed to be included in UT2k3 but didn't make the cut because it was too performance intensive. I think.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Electric Fields was a Bonus Pack Map. Looks like we're getting a ton of maps with 2k4. In the ut2k4 system folder there is a file called Manifest. In there it lists 107 maps.

Welcome to BuF SamiB. :)

The Trasher

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Electric Fields was a map from the UT2k3 beta leak, that was eventually cut due to being a touch too system intensive. It was reworked for one of the bonuspacks.

Lavagiant][ was also from the beta leak, but wasn't included, as DE didn't think it was as good as it should have been. They released it in a bonus pack.

Deck17 was a usermap released in beta form by Teddy... I forget the last name, the Funreal guy. Apparently, Epic made arrangements for the final version to be part of 2k4. Which is good, as it's a kickass map. It's set in the Deck 17 magma refinery, or "Deck16's hot neighbour".

Curse4 sounds like ANOTHER reworking of the ever-dreaded Unreal map, and Hyperblast2 a remake of the final level of UT.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Here.. I went through and typed them up I got 105... am I missing two?

Assault - 6
AS-RobotFactory
AS-MotherShip
AS-Junkyard
AS-Glacier
AS-FallenCity
AS-Convoy

BombingRun - 12
BR-Anubis
BR-Bifrost
BR-BridgeOfFate
BR-Canyon
BR-Colossus
BR-DE-ElecFields
BR-Disclosure
BR-IceFields
BR-Serenity
BR-Skyline
BR-Slaughterhouse
BR-TwinTombs

Capture The Flag - 22
CTF-AbsoluteZero
CTF-Avaris
CTF-BridgeOfFate
CTF-Chrome
CTF-Citadel
CTF-Colossus
CTF-December
CTF-DE-ElecFields
CTF-DoubleDammage
CTF-Face3
CTF-FaceClassic
CTF-Geothermal
CTF-GrassyKnoll
CTF-Grendelkeep
CTF-January
CTF-LostFaith
CTF-Magma
CTF-Maul
CTF-MoonDragon
CTF-Orbital2
CTF-Smote
CTF-TwinTombs

DeathMatch 1on1 - 11
DM-1on1-Albatross
DM-1on1-Crash
DM-1on1-Desolation
DM-1on1-Idolma
DM-1on1-Irondust
DM-1on1-Mixer
DM-1on1-Roughinery
DM-1on1-Serpentine
DM-1on1-Spirit
DM-1on1-Squader
DM-1on1-Trite

DeathMatch - 33
DM-Antalus
DM-Asbestos
DM-Compressed
DM-Corrugation
DM-Curse4
DM-Deck17
DM-DE-Grendelkeep
DM-DE-Ironic
DM-DE-Osiris
DM-DesertIsle
DM-Flux2
DM-Gael
DM-Gestalt
DM-Goliath
DM-HyperBlast
DM-Icetomb
DM-Inferno
DM-Injector
DM-Insidious
DM-IronDeity
DM-Junkyard
DM-Leviathan
DM-Metallurgy
DM-Morpheus3
DM-Oceanic
DM-Phobos2
DM-Plunge
DM-Rankin
DM-Rrajigar
DM-Rustatorium
DM-Sulphur
DM-TokaraForest
DM-TrainingDay

DoubleDomination - 12
DOM-Access
DOM-Aswan
DOM-Atlantis
DOM-Conduit
DOM-Core
DOM-Junkyard
DOM-Outrigger
DOM-Renascent
DOM-Ruination
DOM-ScorchedEarth
DOM-SepukkuGorge
DOM-Suntemple

Onslaught - 9
ONS-ArcticStronghold
ONS-Crossfire
ONS-Dawn
ONS-Dria
ONS-FrostBite
ONS-Primeval
ONS-RedPlanet
ONS-Severance
ONS-Torlan

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ok but did anyone notice that there appears to be a team in SP for the Epic crew??

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
hal said:
Capture The Flag - 22
CTF-AbsoluteZero
CTF-Avaris
CTF-BridgeOfFate
CTF-Chrome
CTF-Citadel
CTF-Colossus
CTF-December
CTF-DE-ElecFields
CTF-DoubleDammage
CTF-Face3
CTF-FaceClassic
CTF-Geothermal
CTF-GrassyKnoll
CTF-Grendelkeep
CTF-January
CTF-LostFaith
CTF-Magma
CTF-Maul
CTF-MoonDragon
CTF-Orbital2
CTF-Smote
CTF-TwinTombs

Disappointed with that list. Seems to be a lot of recycled maps from 2k3.. and 90% of them didn't play that well :(

The Trasher

Sir_Brizz said:
ok but did anyone notice that there appears to be a team in SP for the Epic crew??
XGame.int said:
"Founded in 1991, Epic has long been a pioneer of cool PC games, new business models, and boundary-defining game technologies. Epic was founded by Tim Sweeney (Jill of the Jungle, Unreal), and joined shortly after by Mark Rein (VP of Marketing), James Schmalz (Epic Pinball, Extreme Pinball, Unreal), and Cliff Bleszinski (Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal)."
The only way this could be better if if they used classic Epic characters as models (OK, Jazz wouldn't fit in as Mark Rein said recently, but Jill of the Jungle? Maaaaybe)

*pokes around more*

Ooh, looks like the Necris are back.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
that's odd, they said a few weeks ago that the necris weren't in...

The Trasher

Well, in XGame there's a team of Necris assassins.

Also interesting is that Malcom seems to have had a "highly publicised" split from Brock and Lauren, with Malcom returning to head team Thunder Clash (the team from this demo) and Brock and Lauren returning to the Iron Guard.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
I agree with XeneX, not too many really new maps for CTF...then again the communiy has started providing some good maps already. Seeing the impact Onslaught has on hte community at the moment I'm kinda awaiting a slow death for CTF...

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I see alot of UT2K3 maps made the crossover.. Hopefully the maps change some from the UT2K3 Maps. I sure would hate to play the same maps in a newer version...

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Loi, remember when the UT2k3 demo came out? EVERYONE was playing BR.

Even if ONS stays a good gametype and no showstopping exploits or lame tactics are developed, I still have a feeling that the ONS playload will drop off and that CTF will remain very strong. I think many people are playing ONS for the novelty of it. Some of those people will stick with it, some won't.

EDIT

WHISTLE!!! TAZTG, 15 yard penatly for illegal use of sig!
:p

Last edited:

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
I wasn't playing just BR when the demo came out :p
Anyways, it's almost exclusively ONS right now, and since it's the only gametype to sport vehicles (except for maybe vCTF, which I'm not too fond of) this will be the gametype that will bring players to UT2004 again.

Edit:
WHISTLE!!! TAZTG, 15 yard penatly for illegal use of sig!
:p
Holy Bandwidth Batman, you're right!

Last edited: