Amer. FragBU: Friday 4/29 and Saturday 4/30

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30

IRC: #FragBU on irc.enterthegame.com
Teamspeak: 166.70.174.195:8768 Password: bubu
New to FragBU? Go here
FragBU News:
Check out the FragBU Page on BU for detailed server stats, match logs, frag records, and more!

This week, W0RF's new version of CTF-ColaWars-FragBU has been added to the servers. Also, v252 of Team ArenaMaster has been added to the BU Vipers-Servers Mothership.​
Servers:
BeyondUnreal Vipers-Servers Mothership - Password = fragbu
Jailbreak 2004b ECE, TAM v252, ONS, AS, BR, DM, TDM, CTF, VCTF​
BeyondUnreal Ketnar Mothership - Password = bubu
CTF, TDM, DM​
Map Voting Configuration:
The FragBU servers have the following custom maps. All maps are under redirect for fast in-game downloads.​
BU Vipers-Servers Mothership:
BU Ketnar Mothership:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
TAM scoring is done by a damage system rather than a kill system. Every X amount of damage you do to the other team (don't know how much; I remember MaStur mentioning 100 though), you get a point, and I don't think suicides matter anymore point-wise. The "Overkill" award means you do a lot of damage when you kill someone who only had a little left, i.e. tossing two rockets at them when they have 30 health, etc. The "Dark Horse" award is given if you take out a whole team in a 1v3+ situation. I think there are others but I haven't encountered them yet.

All they need now is a "Spammer!" award and a "Poach!" award. The first would be good for people like Dird and the latter is for when you do nothing but let your teammates take down everyone's health while you get the kill(s). Wouldn't be too hard to implement, methinks; just compare the number of kills they've gotten with the amount of damage they've doled out the entire match. What would be really nice is awards at the end like in Goldeneye for the N64... :D

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Got a chance to play it myself. While I usually bail TAM on a full server I can see the reverse FF decimating teams in this situation.
I really don't like FF (of any kind) since it's not on in any other gametype but the less ppl there are the less it bothers me.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
the FF in TAM is reversed. As in: you shoot your ally -> you lose health. The FF scale is pretty low right now, so it's hard to even notice.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Are there flags in TAM? :con:

Reverse friendly fire enables shock, mini, and lightning suicides, which I think is hilarious, personally.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
All they need now is a "Spammer!" award and a "Poach!" award. The first would be good for people like Dird and the latter is for when you do nothing but let your teammates take down everyone's health while you get the kill(s).
So THAT'S how he was doing it...

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
TAM 2.50 (approximate changes since 2.40)

100 dmg = 1pt = 7 adren.
Kill = 1pt = 7 adren.
Overkill = At least 50 damage past 0, and at least double the damage they have.
IE: Target has >50 = Health + 50 dmg on killing shot.
Target has 50> = health x 2 dmg on killing shot. (@60 health, 120dmg is overkill).

Each round won = -2.5 armor / -2.5 health. (meaning it's permanent loss until end of match)
Each round ahead of other team = -2.5 armor / -2.5 health. (meaning if the spread goes the other way, it goes plus)

You no longer get adren (iirc) for most awards, but you do get awarded adren for damage involved in an overkill.

Adrenaline is no longer regained during Invis, and max boostered health is 125% of round starting health (default).

Speed duration has increased (27 seconds).

That is the most relevant stuff I can think of off the top of my head. Other stuff about FF, and DH has been stated fairly accurately already. I think some default ammo outs were adjusted too, but they are hardly noticable. It's hella tight, but then I've liked it since the start. I may actually make it a bit this weekend, I think I'm early cut 2x. Unless my friends make me be social again :(