All the known info about the next Unreal Tournament (CN: ENVY) [Update: 30-3-2005]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
CyMek said:
EPic has been good about shellign out bonus content for free in the past, but they have gotten less open in seems. I can't blame them really - it takes so much longer to make stuff these days, and they are busy with GoW, UC2, and Envy, not to mention finishing the UE3 to their liking.

UC2 is finished.

Each game is also being handled by a different sub group.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
CyMek said:
I want to see a direct port of the Unreal 1 skaarj to the ue3. All 160 triangles of them. :D

Not such a bad idea. The "unreal skaarj" look simply rocks.

Maybe make microskaarj.

A weapon with shoots microskaarj -> They land on the floor, and attack the player you were aiming at.
-> If you've misfired that is.
-> There should be a limited time they remember the target
-> Very limited life as well.
-> If you shoot your own microskaarj, it detonates :D

Last edited:

gosia

Registered Idiot
Mar 12, 2005
dynamic.gamespy.com
Bazzi said:
For once I'd like to see a fully featured extension pack. Not something like the ECE bonuspack.

Well, even the UT99 GoTY edition was just a TC mod and a couple of extra maps.. Same thing really as what the community releases... What exactly would you want from a "fully featured extension pack"?

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Say, for UT2004, it would have been good models for Invasion, Mapsets for vehicleCTF (introduced as fully featured gametype), doubling ONS and AS maps. Of course, this is just hypothetically, since UT2004 was already overbloated with stuff, it's just to get an idea...

T

Tournament0

Radiosity said:
Screw that. Epic have always given us free stuff, it's one of the things that sets them aside from the other penny pinching games companies like id.

That's what makes me like Epic, sometimes.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Bazzi said:
Say, for UT2004, it would have been good models for Invasion, Mapsets for vehicleCTF (introduced as fully featured gametype), doubling ONS and AS maps. Of course, this is just hypothetically, since UT2004 was already overbloated with stuff, it's just to get an idea...
I disagree with VCTF. I think it should not be treated any differently than CTF is. It should just be map design, not it's own gametype, IMO.

Also, what about the expansions pack for UT2003? It had most of what you are talking about and it was FREE.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Bazzi said:
I mean a real expansion pack. Quality stuff, lots of, buyable.
Yeah, why give away all the content in the world when you can just sell it?

Boy I wish they would sell the stuff they already give us at no charge.
Even better. Let's make and sell a "real" extension pack for a game that already has too much stuff.

Last edited:

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
I gave an example, and I stated why it was a pretty hard one to give :p

I don't think I'm the only one who would see less but more quality stuff.... and I'd also pay extra money to get more of it.

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
I'm wondering what Krall will looke like In UT envy seeing as theyre a race in it but personally i dont see this :
cr_krall.jpg

cr_krallelite.jpg

running around with a rocket launcher it yust doesnt suit em...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I like those Krall skins you see in the beta/early versions of Unreal :)
I saw an "introduction" movie (unreal christmas 97 iirc ?). Krall skins were darker, and they looked much, much better.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
I disagree with VCTF. I think it should not be treated any differently than CTF is. It should just be map design, not it's own gametype, IMO.

Also, what about the expansions pack for UT2003? It had most of what you are talking about and it was FREE.

OK<< for the Gametype , but i don't expect any VCTF map from epic themself.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
carmatic said:
always thought that Deck16 was a place inside isv-Kran ,

The texture package is incosistant with the Kran, (which was blueish mostly, it looks to me like it was from the Terraniux, the merc ship from Unreal, or rather one similar to it, especially the symbol that was where the giant 17 is now. The Kran only has four decks, and we scour them all. Does it say Kran in a map description I missed?

Regardless, I do like the idea of fighting in and around a jammed ship like that, hell it'd be great to revisit the Kran like that, seeing the nose of the ship sticking out of the mountains like that, the floodlights shiniing down like the eyes of some dormant god; I still like that place.

I can't wait to see the Krall again, it's been so long. Maybe the Skaarj felt that fighting inferior races in the Games was too below them, so they sent their lackies in instead?