All the known info about the next Unreal Tournament (CN: ENVY) [Update: 30-3-2005]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Nice work!

BTW: Envy sounds a bit wierd in french sice we use the word 'Envie'

I want 'Envy'
'Envy' m'envie

Last edited:

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
SharKTanK said:
Does anyone else think that the whole 'changing landscapes depending on who controls it' and '9 necris vehicles, as well as 9 existing vehicles' make anyone think that Conquest is basically going to be Humans vs Necris? (Kinda like the WW games that have allies vs germans etc...) :)

I thought about that (after you told me in irc :p), would make sense :)

Not that i'd play it either way, but yeh... /o/

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
I'm getting an extra 2GB of RAM to put in this thing because of this announcement. I'll wait until a few months before the release to get a new gfx card.
Edit: This game will never replace sexx0rs, it might replace jerking off though.

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Zeoff said:
Read the Big-White-Question-mark part of this scan:

The important part in that article of course being 'play the game reasonably well'. Reasonably well doesn't cut it. Reasonably well basically means 'It'll run, but it'll look awful and play at framerates that would be considered dire on a PII 266.' To play the game as it is meant to be played (ie, at 40+ fps with no jaggies) you'll need a good card.

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
I *love* Envy. ^_^

Zoeff said:
I'm glad that everyone likes this thread :)
10% of the people on INA just flamed me :<

**** Ina.

CH8yo$1 said:
next ut = ut+halo+battlefield ? :>>>>

halo19426bl.jpg

Last edited:

gosia

Registered Idiot
Mar 12, 2005
dynamic.gamespy.com
I really hope they do keep AS. Conquest sounds like it will be a differant thing all together in that it will be long term. Assault is a short 5 to 30 min game depending on what map and how good your team is. User created stuff may simply try to recreate Assault if they dont ad it. It would be kind of hard to do the popular stuff like Race (which I hate) and Trials (which I hate) on a huge map 3-4X the size of a ONS map. Some of us really just like classic assault. I really hope they change their minds.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
gosia said:
I really hope they do keep AS. Conquest sounds like it will be a differant thing all together in that it will be long term. Assault is a short 5 to 30 min game depending on what map and how good your team is. .

Really? That long? 5-30 minutes? All depends on the map and team? Really?

Well, if so ;-) that's a huge step forwards compared to UT assault.
What the hell is so great about games lasting 20-30 seconds (most of the times)...->the launching.

That's a game?

0_°