Adventure Game Rips Off UT2004, Other Titles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Limbo of the Lost from Tri Synergy and Majestic Studios is fast becoming a lawsuit target. Thanks to Game Plasma for noticing the blatant lifting of entire Oblivion environments, some further scrutiny has revealed apparent asset theft from Unreal Tournament 2004, Thief, and more. Below are a pair of shots depicting theft of assets from an Unreal Tournament 2004 custom level - DM-Aristocracy.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ok so how do I order this game before it is removed from shelves ?

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
That certainly looks A LOT like DM-Aristocracy, i wonder if they just stole the idea, or if they actually ripped the assets..

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Bah it's probably being hit by all the other news sites now that Gamespot has published something on it.

EDIT: lol ^

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Of course we all conveniently 'forget' when Id-software and Epic were accused of ripping of assets when in reality they had merely used the same texture-source.
What if someone did the same with bigger assets like tables, rooms, etc ?
Innocent until proven guilty I say.
A mere picture is not proof that one stole from the other.
What if Bethseda & co stole from that game ?
Who has the real original ? Where is the proof for that ?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Of course we all conveniently 'forget' when Id-software and Epic were accused of ripping of assets when in reality they had merely used the same texture-source.
What if someone did the same with bigger assets like tables, rooms, etc ?
Innocent until proven guilty I say.
A mere picture is not proof that one stole from the other.
What if Bethseda & co stole from that game ?
Who has the real original ? Where is the proof for that ?

The publisher has already pulled the game, JaFO. It's not a case of jumping to conclusions or 'forgetting' anything.