A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
People will buy anything when it is on sale for the right price, it doesn't matter if there is a contest for it or not. That's probably just enough to push a few people who were on the fence over the edge.

It's mostly stuff like this that gets me. It blows my mind how valve manages to do this stuff while coming off as charitable.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
D2D has some goodies this weekend -- no friends required!

Coupon HOHOHO will give you 20% off, even if it's already on sale.

50% off everything made by THQ. The best deal out of those is Darksiders for $20, which comes down to $16 with the added coupon. Darksiders has yet to go below $40 anywhere (trust me, I've been holding out for it). There are some other good THQ games like Red Faction, the Warhammer games, STALKER, and the Company of Heroes games, but many of those have been cheaper elsewhere just in the last few days.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for $4 (after coupon). Also includes the great original Escape from Butcher Bay game with better graphics. Pretty much everyone says to get it for that reason alone. It's really good.

Fallout 3 GOTY for $24 (after coupon).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's mostly stuff like this that gets me. It blows my mind how valve manages to do this stuff while coming off as charitable.
Because they are just putting games on sale. Massive amounts of fail resides with any who buy games jsut to get entries in a sweepstakes (especially games like RUSE, that game is horrid).

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Because they are just putting games on sale. Massive amounts of fail resides with any who buy games jsut to get entries in a sweepstakes (especially games like RUSE, that game is horrid).

Sir_Brizz achieved R.U.S.E: Desert Fox

Did the temptation overwhelm you? :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I figured since I already have the game I might as well get the dumb achievement. It takes literally ten seconds to do in a skirmish. Playing just proved to me why the game sucks and nobody plays it.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
GoG has a sale on 290 titles, up to 50% off.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas10/

Also they're giving away Tyrian2000 for free. Make sure to add it to your shelf, it's a temporary offer and you have to "purchase" it in order to own it permanently.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This is Humble Bundle 2. How could you pick it up "long ago"? It just started today.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
GoG has a sale on 290 titles, up to 50% off.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas10/

Also they're giving away Tyrian2000 for free. Make sure to add it to your shelf, it's a temporary offer and you have to "purchase" it in order to own it permanently.

Sweet, I was never able to get that game to work without DosBox.
maybe they did some magic to it and it'll work straight away in W7.
Now I just need Raptor 2010 edition and I'm set on my favorite oldschool PC shmups!

Funny thing, I went to my account page and there is a game there that I've never bought, or even browsed.
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games?
(and I definitely wouldn't have paid 10 dollars for it)

wierd, but I guess I'll install that too ;D

edit
LOL, DosBox is part of the installation! Oh well

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Yeah they gave away Jagged Alliance to users who had an account before a certain date, I think during the whole beta/release thing.

And yes, dosbox is how they get a lot of the older games running. They still go through the effort of making sure it works though, so it's not just a quick bundle.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Yeah they gave away Jagged Alliance to users who had an account before a certain date, I think during the whole beta/release thing.
Ah, nice. I feel special now ;) Looks like everybody really likes the game so I'll have to check it out.

And yes, dosbox is how they get a lot of the older games running. They still go through the effort of making sure it works though, so it's not just a quick bundle.

I wish it was more clear which games need DosBox.