49' Bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
can't you just respawn all vehicles if the warmup ends? it's a probleme with the warmstart, not with the warmup in general... Hmm, i'll ask wormbo about this one, i remember, he also had some problemes with ons-specific things, maybe he can help...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The problem is I dont have a clue how to spawn the vehicles or kill them or have anything to do with them, in fact I dont know a thing about ONS.

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
As has warmup enabled by default in UT2004.ini. I know you don't know anything about AS either, but maybe you can track the way Epic does it. I don't know much of anything about programming, so hopefully it's not too far fetched of an idea.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
wormbo said, it should work by starting a new round. ONS does this by the timer-function of the MatchInProgress-state and AS has a ResetLevel-function. But i guess we must reset the score for the case, a team won a round in warmup...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yeah this is where the problem comes in with ONS and AS as they have this swap and reset which to UT2Vote or any other Mut looks just like a Game end but in fact it is not.
So if I track that then there is a big chance that errors will appear in the 'true' Game end and thats why I just left it as is and currently just prefer to disable Warmup in these 2 games until such stage I can figure out how the code tracks this lot.
Invasion also works is a similar way.

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
Never had a problem with the warm-up in AS Ben. Not in any version. I'll retest it if you like just to be sure, but I don't recall there ever being any problem.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i just talked to KalestA, his warmup seems to deal with ons. I have no idea, if his code is legal or nice or not, but maybe it might help ;)

Code:
if(Level.Game.IsA('ONSOnslaughtGame'))
ONSOnslaughtGame(Level.Game).Reset();

plus resetting all the actors in the level

// Resetto oggetti...
			foreach AllActors(class'xBombFlag', Bomb)
			{
				Bomb.Drop(Vect(0,0,0));
				Bomb.SendHome();
			}
			foreach AllActors(class'CTFFlag', Flag)
			{
				Flag.Drop(Vect(0,0,0));
				Flag.SendHome();
			}
			foreach AllActors(class'ONSPowerCore', Node)
				Node.Reset();
			if(Level.Game.isA('ASGameInfo'))
			{
				ASGameInfo(Level.Game).PracticeRoundEnded();
				ASGameInfo(Level.Game).ResetLevel();
			}

// Resetto tutti i giocatori...
			for(C=Level.ControllerList; C != None; C=C.NextController)
			{
				PC = PlayerController(C);
				if (PC == none) continue;

if(PC.Pawn != None) PC.Pawn.Destroy();

if(!C.PlayerReplicationInfo.bOnlySpectator)
				{
					C.PlayerReplicationInfo.bReadyToPlay = false;
					if(PlayerController(C) != None)
						PlayerController(C).ClientReset();
					C.Reset();
				}
			}

foreach AllActors(class'Actor', A)
				if (!A.IsA('Controller') && !A.IsA('ONSPowerCore') && !A.IsA('TeamInfo'))
				{
					if(Mover(A) != None)
					{
						oldFollower = Mover(A).Follower;
						Mover(A).Follower = None;
						Mover(A).Reset();
						Mover(A).Follower = oldFollower;
					}
					else A.Reset();
				}

// Resetto il gioco intero...
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).bOverTime = false;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).TimeLimit = bN_RemainingTime;

// Resetto il timer...
			Level.Game.TimeLimit = bN_RemainingTime / 60;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).RemainingTime = bN_RemainingTime;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).GameReplicationInfo.RemainingTime   = bN_RemainingTime;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).GameReplicationInfo.RemainingMinute = bN_RemainingTime;

// Resetto lo stato del match...
			Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo.bMatchHasBegun = false;
			Level.Game.bDelayedStart = bN_flagOldDelayedStart;

//
			Level.Reset();
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).GameReplicationInfo.Reset();
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).bQuickStart = false;
			if(Level.Game.IsA('ONSOnslaughtGame'))
				ONSOnslaughtGame(Level.Game).Reset();
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).Reset();

// Resetto questi parametri per far funzionare la cosa su ONS...
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).bWaitForNetPlayers = true;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).ElapsedTime = 0;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).NetWait = 1;
			DeathMatch(Level.Game).gotoState('PendingMatch');

maybe some other RealUtils reset thing is included in this code... but it should work

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
hmishima said:
We're using version 118f at the moment.

I have found three different 118f versions on the net, the .u file is different sizes in kb for all of them which means that if a client has one of the three different than the server they will not connect... I took it off for this reason until only one person is releasing AntiTCC.

Way too many cooks in the kitchen:(

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Anybody have any luck with chatlogging under the latest beta patches?
Still no joy here. UT2Vote49 + ServerEXT + 3354
This bug is present in 3339 as well.
I have written to EL Muerte about this as I have a feeling he has used the new BroadcastHandler handback code that I used in Zound47 which does just NOT work as Epic added this just way to late in the game.
If this is the case I'm going to have to add a routine which just removes a lot of stuff in UT2Vote if it detects ServerExt running.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Socke, regarding the Reset code, that part is the easy part which is all there.
The problem is when do you trigger it, because in ONS and AS a Game Reset looks just like a GameEnd to a Mutator.
So you need masses of code to detect these Game Resets of Epics for AS and ONS which in my book is just not worth the trouble. Rather have a seperate Mutator which can afford lots of code to track these stupid resets.
Can you emagine if we get it wrong and Games like CTF, Team and DeathMatch start resetting at Game end.... mmm its just not worth the risk.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
ben, i see your point, but maybe it's not that difficult, because ons seems not to care for a game-end in that way. Look what it does atm, if you set goalscore to 3 in clanmatch: It starts new rounds, until one team gets 3 points. this might be only 3, but may also be 5 rounds, and ut2vote gets everything right, and afair, you didn't have to change anything to get it working.

So if we now just start a new round, while the score still is 0:0, ons will still start new rounds, until the goalscore is reached.

maybe we should try it that easy way in a beta, and if it doesn't work, disable the warmstart for ons...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i'm not shure about this one... yesterday we had a tdm-clanmatch, and today i see that the running map and max-players are still like the last played yesterday, and not what was default for that gametype. Now if nobody changed this inbetween (and there are only one or 2 persons, knowing how to do this), than the clanmatch-values have been taken to the tdm-gametype.

This did not happen with the ictf-gametype, which had a clanmatch yesterday too.

But i'll also ask the guys, who could have changed something, if they did...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
to clear this...
the server (again) had a chaos-ut map as standard, and as the boys didn't want to wait for the download, they opened webadmin and choosed another map. i dunno what they did, but ut2vote was kicked out, and the server ran without ut2vote...

so forget about it, but i'll have an eye on the chaosut maps, which always get standard in tdm... annoying...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i just heard, that within a botmatch, "players must be ready" is not checkable. Is this wanted?