Checking in...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Hi folks, maybe, maybe ... maybe I'll get myself to dig into UE5 (and the current 4.25) again... if the amount of spare time is actually enough. If some of our former INF team and/or community members are still around and really serious about getting something "real" started again ... my old E-Mail account is still active. I'm in need of regular kicks in my ... too, but with the impressions of UE5 on PS5 taking a huge amount of space in my mind with imagining INF in such environments, I'm actually quite sure to check out engine instruction videos (again) within the next couple months. Well, I don't promise anything, but before someone here starts a clone, why not start the real deal again?! ;)

Hey man, if you ever start work on Inf again, I promise you I'll bring over my UE4 maps (especially the Inf map remakes). Not sure if that's a threat or a promise...

Good to see people still posting here. Miss loads of you guys. If you want a place to hang out, I have a small discord channel here https://discord.gg/9h4thmf

But there's a lot of people also hanging out on the Ground Branch discord channel here https://discord.gg/4FEEf2z

In other news, I finally got hold of Mr Old Geezer himself. I forgot to mention this thread here, but he seemed on good form. For the sake of good order, he gave me official permission for my remakes of Macedonia and Pankisi Gorge (whether through gritted teeth or not, I don't know). :)

I'd still love to catch up with the other Inf mappers to talk about other remakes... for example I've got a fairly faithful SKTactics remake, but I'm holding onto it until I get permission.

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
Wow, my login worked! I’ve been thinking about INF recently and had to check in to see if anything was alive after all of these years.

Jun 23, 2020
Danzig
www.youtube.com
Hi there,

I've been playing Infiltration for years, ever since it's first release back in 99. Of course, on and off, mind you, mostly offline during LAN parties, but always though that it was something unique. Last summer I found INF COOP and was instantly amazed by the sheer potential of this mod. Since then I've persuaded my brothers to play it and after several months of testing we finally agreed that the best cooperative experience there is. The way it merges realistic gunplay and character's behavior with fighting the enemies from the SF genre is just mind-blowing. Btw. We've recently played some DM with Super Soldier mutator, and it beats the hell outta Urban Terror which was our go to if concerning that kind of a DM game. I'm going to write some post concerning several issues that I've found in certain map packs and share some of my own stuff that I've made for INF COOP.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
Beppo, I would kill for a new Infiltration on UE4 or 5. I was programming in C in 1995 and I have been doing C++ since. Linux and Windows. If you need a code-monkey not in a MS-proprietary language, I will volunteer my time. I still run my Inf server from way back then...

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Beppo, I would kill for a new Infiltration on UE4 or 5. I was programming in C in 1995 and I have been doing C++ since. Linux and Windows. If you need a code-monkey not in a MS-proprietary language, I will volunteer my time. I still run my Inf server from way back then...

PSA that modding in Ground Branch isn't far off... a little birdie tells me that some ex Inf players might be helping the devs with a new DTAS implementation... yours truly has been updating a few old Inf maps as well. Do drop by here if you'd be interested to know more https://discord.gg/6CuycPjzxN

(It also looks possible that - unlike many other games - you might be able to do modding in GB using c++ if the mood takes you, though they're now using lua for a lot of stuff, e.g. game modes, and that's pretty handy)

(of course we would all love to see a new Infiltration, and I'd be happy to help if that happened, but in the meantime, Ground Branch gets close and can in due course be modded closer...)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Same here, but getting enough spare time for modding nowadays is really a problem - at least for me.
But UE5 is on the horizon and will be checked out as soon as possible.
In the meantime maybe Fat Marrows suggestion is something for you. GB is great and the team behind it deserves all types of support.

Last edited:
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
I'll be honest, I have zero interest in modding alone. I would love to help bring a new Inf to fruition whether as another mod (I own GB) or a standalone product (UE5?). I did some mutators and minor modding back in UT99 and UT2003/2004, but nothing as massive as Inf. You guys were years ahead of the curve, and I still don't see a suitable replacement.

I'd rather work with guys like you should you make the move, but I do understand time. Back then I was a teen and early 20's, single, no worries. Now I have a mortgage, car payments, wife, and child. Man where does time go?

ragingsamster

oldfartis nongratis
Jun 4, 2001
Washington
Visit site
Checking in, when I joined the Inf community I was checking out a game that my 13 year old played, (he kept playing, which says a lot about my parenting lol!)
There still has not been a game released that was as impactful as infiltration. It might have been that era, but I loved the innovation that this group achieved. Seriously, triple-A game from a small group of determined folks. Now I'm retired with grandkids. Hats off to memories of a great community!

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I have an exciting project that I'm working on, but it's not for me to share (also it's still in development), but I seem to have accidentally cut and pasted an extract from the latest Ground Branch patch notes. Can confirm it is true old school version and not some half arsed copy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-084517_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-084517_Samsung Internet.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 8

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I have an exciting project that I'm working on, but it's not for me to share (also it's still in development), but I seem to have accidentally cut and pasted an extract from the latest Ground Branch patch notes. Can confirm it is true old school version and not some half arsed copy.

The game play is essentially done and working, but I have to debug the random spawns on one particular map and I am waiting for the devs to implement a few features on the UI side (I am just a lowly modder). I have converted more or less everyone who has played it...

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
Hey EGM, how have you been?
Well as you can see from the date of that video, it's 8 years old. But you're right--it's a jetpack with radar guided missiles. It was just for fun but I never officially released it.