What are you playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Been playing a lot of Fortnite. It's in closed release at the moment but luckily I had signed up forever ago. I can't post anything but I can say it's really well done visually and it's worth it if you can get into the testing. The game is like a hybrid of Minecraft, DayZ, and Borderlands with a strong dash of UT2004 invasion. I'll for sure be buying this one when testing is over.

Reactions: JamesGoblin

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
And so much user content for those games...

Edit: I'm wondering how many fps nowadays still have a large custom content base?
The last game I played with plenty of people creating lots of maps/skins etc. was left4dead.
But that was a while ago, so maybe I've missed out on something?

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
And so much user content for those games...

Edit: I'm wondering how many fps nowadays still have a large custom content base?
The last game I played with plenty of people creating lots of maps/skins etc. was left4dead.

Snapmap already has a ton of great content. I suspect that D1 and 2 will get remade soon enough. I think Snapmap will keep this game around for a while...has all the makings of longevity.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008

Not many. The last I remember was Blockstorm but that's too blocky (and is also dying).
Quake Live's workshop is mostly unauthorized regurgitations of others' older material for q3 haphazardly converted and doesn't count
Serious Sam 3 BFE has a workshop....full of lousy conversions.

Player models suffered in the interest for leveling up to gain uninsipired armor parts for your appearance in most new fps games etc, and original artists that make them have dwindled - alot of recent player models are rips of babby's gamecube/wii/ps3/x360 model ripping with tools that have usage rights against that all for a quest for fame.... and if you make an original creative work (like I had done for L4D2 once) prepare to get harrassed for it.

Last edited:

JamesGoblin

May 21, 2016
Chess (does that even count?) and forums, waiting for next big thing to hit me. Hmm, will it ever come?

In other words, I'm playing /crickets =)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
atm.
Dying Light
Nier:Automata
Steredenn
Killing Floor2 (still seeking players on xbox)
should finish the new Wolfenstein game but can't be arsed to...
and I finished this little gem recently :

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've got so many games I need to get to.

I've been playing Killing Floor 2 and Rocket League a bit, but I've put a major amount of time into CRPGs like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin. I need to pick shorter games.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^haha, I managed to not play Warframe anymore.

Anyone of you been playing Enter the Gungeon?
Btw. The Outer Worlds is great.