Rip's Excessive Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Sounds like you have the power to set whatever the default skin is so you can make it Nali cows like you like.

Also, most of us have the old clan skins installed now or at least in our cache. Just remind everyone to install then from daggers site or run cache cleaner. In guessing Valhalla doesn't count skins in your cache as installed.

You likely won't get complaints cutting a skin out here or there to get under the limit. AEX , your skin is getting cut unless you make a comeback. ;)

Who wants to start the Friday frag fest thread this week?

What?! WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!

Uhm... I've 'posted myself out' for this week haha. I nominate none other than the Maester!

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Sounds like you have the power to set whatever the default skin is so you can make it Nali cows like you like.

Also, most of us have the old clan skins installed now or at least in our cache. Just remind everyone to install then from daggers site or run cache cleaner. In guessing Valhalla doesn't count skins in your cache as installed.

You likely won't get complaints cutting a skin out here or there to get under the limit. AEX , your skin is getting cut unless you make a comeback. ;)

Who wants to start the Friday frag fest thread this week?
Agreed, I'm not really expecting new players to roll in that wont see our skins, most of us have them. Honestly I wouldnt care if they were taken away entirely to make room for other stuff. As nice as it is to rock some old clan skins I really couldn't care less if I were limited to stock, I'm there to kick your ass and what you look like doesn't matter to me, only how quickly you perish does.

With that said, XTS skins > *
:)

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
New Core and Weapons up. Added a hitsound. Added ADR CTF. The weapons pack is just fixing some issues, temporarily in some cases. I compared the weapon switch offline and couldn't find any difference. :p I noticed the zoom difference but, shrug. Took too long to zoom in before anyway. :p The Core has the gore and movement adjustments. The movement mechanics I added are very many and very involved. :) Some very cool stuff, I think..... tell me what you think. :) Redid the map folders, only some CTF maps until I can add the rest.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Nice. Server was down earlier. I played elsewhere for one map then went to try modifying an old map I tried making/repurposing. I hate UED :-D

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Nice. Server was down earlier. I played elsewhere for one map then went to try modifying an old map I tried making/repurposing. I hate UED :-D
Had to put a PW on to fix something real quick, open now.
There's some issues I would love to fix but that just stump me. I can't understand why the trans would only play the new fire sound for someone next to you and not for yourself, works fine offline, it also seems to be doubling the explosion sound.... It probably has to do with online replication, but that's a complex topic, and one I can't find anything in reference to sound for. Very frustrating. But doing this has made me used to being very frustrated. >_< heh.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Nice! IMO my dodge jump is just the buff the ShockRifle needed to compete with the RocketLauncher and SniperRifle! Close the distance fast, even go behind the target, turn around and start firing shockballs before you even land..... cool stuff. :-D

Unfortunately because of latency and stuff the double jump is annoyingly rough. Nothing I can do about that AFAIK. Actually I just had an idea for a way to redo the code.... not doing that soon though. Wall jumps are fine but rarely worth it, may as well not bother learning. Which is how I like it with them. :p I suppose I should go beat all your fastcap records now.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
So Valhalla Avatar is on, but I was right. I knew I was right. I'm always right! It lets you set your default model class. It does let you input your default skin, or face. So, when I try to get the War Machine I always liked, I end up with the Male Soldier I always hated. :mad:

I suppose the solution is to just have a custom skin for myself on the server so I don't have to worry about it. The rest of you can be seen as cows or nalis or male solders or whatever. :cool:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
So Valhalla Avatar is on, but I was right. I knew I was right. I'm always right! It lets you set your default model class. It does let you input your default skin, or face. So, when I try to get the War Machine I always liked, I end up with the Male Soldier I always hated. :mad:

I suppose the solution is to just have a custom skin for myself on the server so I don't have to worry about it. The rest of you can be seen as cows or nalis or male solders or whatever. :cool:
So you set it, but it doesn't work? Sounds about right. :D

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
So you set it, but it doesn't work? Sounds about right. :D

:mad: No, so I looked in the provision for it, and there's only one line, that has the class. Tmale1, 2, etc. If there's some way to combine that line with skin and face, I'd love to hear it. :p Otherwise, it's a very frustrating and simple oversight on the part of the author. :angst++:

I've been setting up bots for the server! 64 of them. Something like 45 are names from the past. And while there are many more I could add, I don't really remember anything specific about their playstyle, or really much [positive] about them, and I'm a terrible biased person, and HONESTLY we need some weapon variety in the bots! Hehe. They can't all be using Sniper, Shock or Rockets heh. And while we're at it, XTS needs less memorable people, seriously. nVs too but they're special. <3

When it gets done I'll change up the gametypes. Make the main one CTF4 with 16 bots that don't leave, and also have another CTF4, an ADR CTF and the old Excessive CTF. They'll have bots too, but I'm putting back the mutator that removes them when a 2nd player joins and readds them when he leaves. I'd still like to do something that lets a lone player kill the bots, but I looked and didn't see anything like that out there. I suppose I could leave them off the plain CTF.... *grumble* Incorporated a bot orders mutator code into ADR while I was at it, that makes them start more intelligently. Be a while before all this gets on the server, though. And I'm not in any rush - no one's even played with all the l33t moves I added yet. ;-)

Added: I looked back at my Screenshots and a lot of those other people were calling me an aimbot and saying mean things to me in crude words! Osk, most of them from your clan. *smug* EMC next. :p

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
@Rip,

To reiterate from last night, check out the double jump on this server: 75.102.40.199:7777
I think I found what they use. I have a file in my system folder called "DoubleJumpUT.u" so I searched for it and found this. Ran a practice session with that mutator and the jump appears to be smooth like on that server. I figure if you open the .u file in UE Explorer or something you could look at the difference between your code and it. Unless of course it is a matter of ping (I'm not sure this is the case) as you suggested last night. As I said though, I usually have around a 70-80 ping on both servers. Last night I was running closer to 100 though.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
@Rip, I figured out that adding getweapon ExcessiveTranslocator works on the server. Not sure why the change is necessary, but you obviously broke something :trans:

My bind is as follows:
Code:
Delete=getweapon Grappling|getweapon translocator|getweapon ADR_translocator|getweapon ExcessiveTranslocator

I just tried it out and it worked fine. I then removed it and tried again and it wasn't working.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
@Rip, I figured out that adding getweapon ExcessiveTranslocator works on the server. Not sure why the change is necessary, but you obviously broke something :trans:

My bind is as follows:
Code:
Delete=getweapon Grappling|getweapon translocator|getweapon ADR_translocator|getweapon ExcessiveTranslocator

I just tried it out and it worked fine. I then removed it and tried again and it wasn't working.
Oh, silly me. I can be scatterbrained. I wasn't even thinking about Excessive not being ADR lol. And now that I think of it, Excessive probably just uses the switch aliases, and that's why you didn't have trouble before. Now everyone I told to bind specific names without giving the Excessive name is going to messed up. :oops:

That's how all the Excessive names are. ExcessiveTranslocator, ExcessiveRocketLauncher, etc.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Oh, silly me. I can be scatterbrained. I wasn't even thinking about Excessive not being ADR lol. And now that I think of it, Excessive probably just uses the switch aliases, and that's why you didn't have trouble before. Now everyone I told to bind specific names without giving the Excessive name is going to messed up. :oops:

That's how all the Excessive names are. ExcessiveTranslocator, ExcessiveRocketLauncher, etc.
I never used ExcessiveTranslocator or switchweapon before. They were never necessary. I just checked my user.ini I backed up in November (might need to update that) and the bind is
Code:
Delete=getweapon translocator

It worked just fine then. The switch aliases don't work well with sniper (if you have a deemer) or trans because of the hammer sharing the same number. Doesn't matter at this point, unless you remember some silly little setting you toggled, we can just tell people to update by adding ExcessiveTranslocator.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I never used ExcessiveTranslocator or switchweapon before. They were never necessary. I just checked my user.ini I backed up in November (might need to update that) and the bind is
Code:
Delete=getweapon translocator

It worked just fine then. The switch aliases don't work well with sniper (if you have a deemer) or trans because of the hammer sharing the same number. Doesn't matter at this point, unless you remember some silly little setting you toggled, we can just tell people to update by adding ExcessiveTranslocator.
Nah, I haven't made any changes to the old version in a long time. I didn't have the ADR weapons built perfect before, that's why you had to bind them with specific names. My next version will hopefully rectify that, but I won't be done with it soon. :-\

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I've taken ADR off the server for the time being due to finding out the Sniper Rifle often does only half its intended damage.

It won't be coming back anytime real soon.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I've taken ADR off the server for the time being due to finding out the Sniper Rifle often does only half its intended damage.

It won't be coming back anytime real soon.
Half!? Half!?

So no more CTF4 for a while?

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Half!? Half!?

So no more CTF4 for a while?
Nope, not for a while. It's going to be very, very difficult to troubleshoot, I'll have to have help, and I'm in the middle of making a big next version. Plus, my workload is increasing.

The SR has 3 different damage values. DirectHit, Explosive, Headshot. Often, and I think mostly on grazing hits, the explosive damage was being applied but not the directhit. For headshots, often they weren't being counted as headshots at all, or not doing the full headshot damage..... fucking strange shit.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Nope, not for a while. It's going to be very, very difficult to troubleshoot, I'll have to have help, and I'm in the middle of making a big next version. Plus, my workload is increasing.

The SR has 3 different damage values. DirectHit, Explosive, Headshot. Often, and I think mostly on grazing hits, the explosive damage was being applied but not the directhit. For headshots, often they weren't being counted as headshots at all, or not doing the full headshot damage..... fucking strange shit.
I'm going to throw a few things out there:
  1. Put the EO/Original ADR sniper (code) in there as a placeholder?
  2. Add CTF4 support to EO?
Yes? No? Maybe? :-D

I think I'm gonna hop on for a bit.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I'm going to throw a few things out there:
  1. Put the EO/Original ADR sniper (code) in there as a placeholder?
  2. Add CTF4 support to EO?
Yes? No? Maybe? :-D

I think I'm gonna hop on for a bit.
lol. I am glad to see that people actually want to play CTF4. Not so glad to see you skimming over my weapons, pickups and everything else. :p No, you can just wait! No "placeholders!" :p For all I know, the preexisting ADR code could be causing the issues. *shrug* I left that part of the code alone. The EO SR is ridiculous in the hands of a few and one of the reasons I grind my teeth when playing EO and wish I was playing my ADR version. :goshen:

There's a reason that version is called "old" - it's not getting anymore updates. :closed_2: