1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip's Excessive Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rip, Jan 3, 2015.

1. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

Darude - Sandstorm?

2. Rip

Rip Member

Nope. Dance with the Dead.

3. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

Hopping on for a bit.

Gonna try out this ADR stuff 0_o

4. Rip

Rip Member

So.... NewNet.... we could finally beat the shit out of Oskeno. How much interest is there? From the looks of it, it wouldn't be easy to implement, at the least..... if it's even possible for EO. But the source code is out there.

Interest in it? Experience with it?

5. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

I play on a few servers running it..only instagib though. for that, its above and beyond what zeroping ever was.

I think theres quite a bit of code specific to particular weapons for reg ut. Not sure if it will play nice out of the box with eo/adr. TimTim, the author, i believe has made some mention of this on the unrealkillers.com forums.

If you want to give it a whirl, im all for it. during my times of bad ping spikes i coukd get up to 300 ping without it really affecting gameplay. i think its a lot easier to accomplish this with hitscan weapons, so again Not sure what happens with rockets and other stuff.

6. Rip

Rip Member

Good to hear someone's experience with it, thanks Sparky. I'm all for doing what I can to attract more people and make the game as modern as possible on my server, it's just a question of time and when it would take a lot of time, if the people I care about would appreciate it. I'm not ready to look into it real deep right now, but it seems like it needs input on damage values, and probably firing values as well, which can be hard to pin down in EO, with multiple things in the equation like explosion damage, and when the firingrate property isn't doing the job changing the sleep value instead..... etc. And, I'm sure it's not without its quirks, which would probably come out of the woodwork here heh. :hmm:

7. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

I know Oskeno has played on those servers as well but I'm not sure ive ever seen his ping above 80 :)

Though newnet was likely helping him hit me when i was spiking instead of making me unhittable. He always wins :-/

8. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

Hopping on for a bit if any of you guys are around.

9. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

hopping on for a little fragging before i'm gone for the weekend. hop on if you're around!

10. Rip

Rip Member

New version up. Several things added/fixed, much more to do.

11. Rip

Rip Member

New version going up in a few mins with the trans.

12. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

CTF maps?

13. Rip

Rip Member

I could restart it for that and take a little longer. I wanted to just get it up first. Should about have it.

Well, it's up, but the trans special fire I added is all kinds of messed up. Going to leave it on so you can check out the other stuff if you want. Maybe I can whip up a fixed version quick.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  14. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

It's password protected.

15. Rip

Rip Member

Sorry about that, you caught me inbetween versions. But it looks like I fixed it and I'm done. :) Password gone.

16. Rip

Rip Member

It seems I've run out of space in the ServerPackages. :rolleyes:

So for the time being I've taken off the custom skins. They were taking up a lot of space and I didn't want to be unfair to anybody by leaving some clan's on. Sorry guys. :( I've heard the thing to do is combine them into one package! Can anybody do that for me? :shy: lol.

Oh yeah. Trying out a new "gore setup" LOL on the ADR gametypes. Let me know which you prefer..... I'm looking at you Osk. Real killers either don't let the blood get in their eyes in the first place or it doesn't effect them! Pshaw.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  17. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

I remember a mod called Valhalla or something similar that instead of requiring the server to host the skin packages, it just allows anybody with the same skins installed locally to see custom ones used by other players. If somebody doesn't have the skin, they just see a regular skin. Probably easier than combining everything into one package.

18. xts-sparky

xts-sparky Member

Oh look, sir Dagger even references it on his website in the server build section.
    Here is a download link for the mod.

Below is the readme for reference.

19. Rip

Rip Member

Dagger's website sure is helpful! I remember that Valhalla mod, now. Ehhh I didn't like it then and still don't, because when you're wearing a skin it's for other people to see it, you certainly don't. I would prefer to MAKE people see them haha. And sometimes when you are wearing a certain skin, you might not like what people will see you as if they can't see the certain skin. That bothered me heh! I didn't want to be seen as the Male Soldier. :p Because of my opinion I had not thought of it! Buttt, I guess it's what I need right now! Thanks Sparky!

20. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

Sounds like you have the power to set whatever the default skin is so you can make it Nali cows like you like.

Also, most of us have the old clan skins installed now or at least in our cache. Just remind everyone to install then from daggers site or run cache cleaner. In guessing Valhalla doesn't count skins in your cache as installed.

You likely won't get complaints cutting a skin out here or there to get under the limit. AEX , your skin is getting cut unless you make a comeback. ;)

Who wants to start the Friday frag fest thread this week?