Your Reason For Sticking Around?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
URALLMYBASE

All kidding aside, I do play UT3/UT2004/UT/Unreal mostly still and because I keep trying custom maps, I still have a lot of SP stuff and other add-ons I haven't even tried yet. I hope to before this 5-year old computer crashes.:)

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
URALLMYBASE

All kidding aside, I do play UT3/UT2004/UT/Unreal mostly still and because I keep trying custom maps, I still have a lot of SP stuff and other add-ons I haven't even tried yet. I hope to before this 5-year old computer crashes.:)

So you're into user-created content and maps? Personally, I don't follow them as much as other people do, but I've downloaded a pack or two in the past and had some great fun playing against the bots. In terms of online, UT and UT2004 are the only ones I have on my radar, although it would be nice to have them on Steam for record purposes.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Who really "sticks around" anything anymore? I visit lots of sites and post in lots of forums, depending on my interests. I also use Steam and IRC (yes, it still exists) a lot, and do most of my conversing in there.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I come here because it's like a private little community of jokers and nutcases who share some of the same interests and sick humor that I do.

Whiskey 7

Just another Earthling
Feb 2, 2008
www.whiskey7.org
Mostly nostalgia... I don't really post these days, but I check by every now and then, see who's around and all that.

Same here. I was here some years before my status indicates and re-signed up in 2008 after a computer rebuild. I wasn't that worried about a start date then.

I visit all my old forums occasionally, there's not that many about, to see it they still live I suppose :violin: Seems most online forums go that way and social media probably to blame.

I fondly remember being early, before opening at the shop the day the original UNREAL was released here. Was that 1998?

I probably had a sickie from work that day to hurry home and load it up. The awe I experienced at the original opening sequence was indeed memorable. There is only one other 3D FPS that ever came close and that Quake2.

Some may recognize the name/nick as I did critique custom maps on Unreal early in the piece, or was that UT3 (mind fuzzy) before moving to the Quake series.

I still raise my hat to all the mappers out there.

I really frequent only Q3World these days and drop in here probably monthly so I will say cheers all :D :D

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Mainly for the funny/animated picture and Youtube threads, but also it's interesting to see what a narrower and more experienced group of people has to say about some things, especially new games.