Your Reason For Sticking Around?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I've noticed how some of the users on this forum have been registered for quite a long time. The oldest of which has been visiting from all the way back in 2000. My question was in regards to coming back onto the board and posting on a regular basis.

Is there a specific reason for sticking around on the Beyond Unreal forums? Is it due to your passion for the series, or the friends that you made over the time spent here? How has the forum survived with a fair number of users? Who has been registered the longest?

Best Regards

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
i personally haven't posted in ages but i do keep coming back and read stuff every now and then. mostly because of friends and acquaintances that have been made over the years.
this series, this board and the IRC channel is how i got to working in the industry and i have allot of good memories of weird stuff that has been going on around here over the years.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
i personally haven't posted in ages but i do keep coming back and read stuff every now and then. mostly because of friends and acquaintances that have been made over the years.
this series, this board and the IRC channel is how i got to working in the industry and i have allot of good memories of weird stuff that has been going on around here over the years.

Where do you work? If you don't mind my asking.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Generally, sticking around depends on whether the subject of the forum is popular enough to be noticed by the eternal september of the next generation. When UT4 materializes for a console release, you bet BuF's going to go through a new one, and it'll be the kind that would tie a homophobic remark to an older UT game for not being on the Xbox One!

tl;dr: The idiocracy effect, hence the tldr.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
why would I leave?
it's not like an all-or-nothing proposition.

I still post on BuF like I still post on 10 other forums that I've been using for over 10 years now.
some are more active than others. so be it...

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Nice font.

I'm still here (forgot about it for a year or two though) because it's the only forum I am a part of. Also, because the names are the same from years ago.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Mostly nostalgia... I don't really post these days, but I check by every now and then, see who's around and all that.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I mostly just keep up to dates with OT and Games on here these days. I swing by IRC now and then.

I'm really hoping new Unreal content will blow life back into BUF. Reddit is nice, but I dislike how a lot of potentially great communities have turned into subreddit repost/circlejerk fests.