Crysis 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I said the same thing when I saw that.

Apparently I can play this game at a playable framerate on Hardcore. o_O I didn't think it was possible, not after Crysis 1.
But unfortunately I don't find this multiplayer much fun yet, maybe when I will understand more about what the heck is going on it will change.

Rebooted my router after changing the NAT value to open instead of secure. NAT is still strict, but I was able to join 2 games without any trouble.

1920*1080 at Hardcore is a big no no for me, single digit fps be damned 1280*720 @ advanced settings is much more enjoyable, though it does slow down some but is still completely playable.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Debating between hanging onto the solo install of C2 and dumping it for the Steam version simply so I can have the overlay

You know you can add it as a non steam game and get the overlay right? I did that for Dead Space 2 and it works great.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
1920*1080 at Hardcore is a big no no for me, single digit fps be damned 1280*720 @ advanced settings is much more enjoyable, though it does slow down some but is still completely playable.
Actually never mind my silliness. I had not realized at the time that a restart was required for the changes to take effect.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
You know you can add it as a non steam game and get the overlay right?
Nope, DP did mention it earlier tho

I am now officially sick of the motion blur. If I ever get the full game, that's the first thing to get turned off, even if it involves tweaking the configs

I swear hitreg and player placement is off. There's been times I'm aiming at a guy, he kills me first and in the killcam it shows me shooting off to his left or right

It would also be nice of Crytek could keep their forums up >_<

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This game is the most consolized POS in a long time. You can't even change your FOV. Skip it.

Uh. Fail.

I'm actually shocked you consider this to be the most consolized game of all times. You must have been living under a rock. As far as FOV goes, I've seen killcams of people with a larger FOV. I'm going to be there's a console command or anything retail that will aloow people to change their FOV.

Now for the demo. It's very smooth, I've already stated before I've been playing a leak of Crysis2. I'm guessing most of the changes are multiplayer-sided, but the game feels naturally smoother overall (polish)

It gets really fun at first glance, but as you get deeper into competition, things start to loose it's glow. As for the 16 K/D, NRG must have hit dinner time and played some kids. Because right now (1 AM EST) I can see a load of people going over-the top competitive with friends. It's extremely boring and upsetting, but it has perfectly nothing to do with the game itself.

I really like the idea of dogtags for off-map support. I'm not sure if you can pick your teammate's and have it stack up in your inventory, but it's brilliant if it does.

-People camping have to reach the tags
-Proximity teammates drop tags.

I can imagine how it would work in Call of Duty. Camping in some places would still work, but from long distance shot, IE, sniping only, you would never get any tags that way.

The multiplayer is an extra, I was already planning to buy that game alone for the Singleplayer and CryEngine 3.

I will fully support Crytek. Definitively one of the rare studios I can see respect PC gamers. May that be you think it's the most consolized game ever because you can't ****ing change the FOV.

Gotta love people who feel forced play shooters with a retarded Field of view of 120 or something.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
One guy posted a bunch of stuff he added to the shortcut, dunno what works beyond the SkipIntro and FOV ones

Crysis2Demo.exe +r_width 1920 +r_height 1200 +i_mouse_smooth 0 +g_skipIntro 1 +sys_maxfps 120 +r_vsync 0 +cl_crouchtoggle 0 +cl_hitblur 0 +cl_hitshake 0 +cl_fov 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 90 +cl_sensitivity 5 +r_DrawNearFoV 65 +r_motionblur 0 +r_motionblurhdr 0 +g_radialBlur 0 +r_sunshafts 0 +r_Coronas 0 +r_ColorGrading 0 +r_Flares 0 +r_Glow 0 +r_Reflections 0 +r_dofminzblendmult 0 +r_HDRBlueShift 0 +r_HDRBrightLevel 0 +r_HDRGrainAmount 0 +r_HDRVignetting 0 +i_rejecteffects 0 +ca_UseDecals 0 +e_decals_allow_game_decals 0 +e_decals_life_time_scale 1 +e_particles_thread 1 +e_particles 1 +e_particles_lod 0.3 +i_particleeffects 0 +r_UseParticlesRefraction 0 +r_UseSoftParticles 0 +e_hw_occlusion_culling_objects 1 +e_vegetation_static_instancing 1 +r_GeomInstancing 1 +r_PostMSAA 0 +r_PostMSAAMode 0 +r_PostProcessEffects 1 +r_PostProcessFilters 0 +r_PostProcessGameFx 0 +r_DepthOfField 0 +r_ShadowBlur 0 +r_ShadowJittering 0 +r_FSAA 0 +r_UseEdgeAA 0 +sys_flash_edgeaa 1 +r_TexMaxAnisotropy 1 +e_flocks 0 +e_clouds 0 +e_sky_type 0 +e_fog 1 e_fog_volumes 0 +q_ShaderFX 1 +q_ShaderGeneral 1 +q_ShaderGlass 0 +q_ShaderHDR 1 +q_ShaderIce 0 +q_ShaderMetal 0 +q_ShaderPostProcess 0 +q_ShaderShadow 1 +q_ShaderSky 0 +q_ShaderTerrain 0 +q_ShaderVegetation 0 +q_ShaderWater 0 +r_fullscreen 1

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
It gets really fun at first glance, but as you get deeper into competition, things start to loose it's glow... but it has perfectly nothing to do with the game itself.
+1, except I think flaws in the game will become pretty glaring as the game gets played more. Balance issues will become really obvious and the hit detection will get really annoying with time as you fight people with similar skill.
May that be you think it's the most consolized game ever because you can't ****ing change the FOV.

Gotta love people who feel forced play shooters with a retarded Field of view of 120 or something.
Since when is 120 crazy? No wonder you think it's not consolized. I literally use exactly 120 for almost all my games that allow FOV... sometimes more :D I wouldn't call the game the most consolized game in recent times, but yes it definitely suffers from a decent amount of it. I wouldn't really expect much else from a multiplat in this day and age so I'm happy to see it has the amount of support from Crytek it's gotten so far. As long as they respond to the PC community demand for simple requests, (ahem, the ability to choose to use the graphics presets OR a slightly more advanced menu like in Crysis 1) I'll be happy.

One guy posted a bunch of stuff he added to the shortcut, dunno what works beyond the SkipIntro and FOV ones
This is sexy. A lot of that looks relevant to my interests.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Eh, I don't have as massive of gripes as others do.
I do miss how the suit operated in Crysis(and Wars), but I do like the ease of switching
Jumps are a bit screwy in C2. Supposedly if you tap Jump you do a simple jump, but more times than not I end up doing the supah-jump that drains like 40 energy
Sprint is just as screwed up. Half the time it feels like jogging and drains your energy at an obscene rate. It's an extremely pale version of the Speed mode in C1/CW

Actually it runs surprisingly decently on the Gamer setting

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Actually never mind my silliness. I had not realized at the time that a restart was required for the changes to take effect.

You talking about the graphics settings or resolution? When I tried 1080p my computer just about melted. I switched it back down to 720p and it ran a bit better without a restart.

I have a 8800GT, should I even bother downloading the demo?

I have the same card as you. As before I wouldn't run the game in 1080p as it just murders my rig. 720p with perhaps gamer or advanced settings is probably the best combo.