Crysis 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Why weren't the high res textures available out of the box?
The PC definitely has way higher resolutions out of the box (on high obviously) compared to the consoles. This is similar to the AMD64 texture pack they did for Far Cry if you ask me.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The PC definitely has way higher resolutions out of the box (on high obviously) compared to the consoles. This is similar to the AMD64 texture pack they did for Far Cry if you ask me.

Yeah that is true, but you know what I found strange was texture sharpness did not change across all 3 presets. The only difference I could see was the difference between extreme and high was less pop-in, nicer shadows, and slightly better HDR effects. TBH it really isn't worth the performance hit going from Very High to Extreme if that is really all that changes. If you can tolerate a small bit of pop in I would stick to Very high and soak up an extra 10fps.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The tutorial you're referring to is probably community ones covering a lot of the basics in one run. I suppose the modding community for Crysis 1 is still active enough still, they will likely move into Crysis 2, and more documentation will be available.

As far as I can remember, the official documentation for Crysis 1/Warhead was kind of poor.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
No no, it's the Official Documentation for Crysis 2's SDK.

Here:

http://sdk.crymod.com/display/SDKDOC21/Home

EDIT: Unreal Engine had better community AND official support. I'm not part of the Epic Games Email ListServ anymore, but I remember getting updates in real time through my email with discussions between official developers and aspiring-to-be modders. CryTek doesn't have this function set up as well as EpicGames did.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There seems to be major issues with driver 275.33

I got the game for cheap, installed it with patch 1.9 it gave me that error:

sizeofwtf.jpg

I had no replies on a thread I started on MyCrysis. They have super quality support on a very decent product that is bug free. I swear, this game has 0 BUGS. I have seen the same quality that I did when I tried the leaked internal beta. :gonk: Bugged animations, Corpses standing up, AI slapping the wall with a noise that is impossible to miss. AI standing still at too many occasions.

Now it decided to work with Nvidia 275.33 after I re-installed the game, but I get invisble walls and clipping objects from a short distance, which I did not have with Crysis 0.0.

This is what happens when you get a team for console development, you forget things, like how to make a properly fixed PC game.

I know the issue is in Nvidia's hand, in some way. But there is still much to say about Crytek's support on this. And the product they are currently delivering.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
There seems to be major issues with driver 275.33

I got the game for cheap, installed it with patch 1.9 it gave me that error:

sizeofwtf.jpg

I had no replies on a thread I started on MyCrysis. They have super quality support on a very decent product that is bug free. I swear, this game has 0 BUGS. I have seen the same quality that I did when I tried the leaked internal beta. :gonk: Bugged animations, Corpses standing up, AI slapping the wall with a noise that is impossible to miss. AI standing still at too many occasions.

Now it decided to work with Nvidia 275.33 after I re-installed the game, but I get invisble walls and clipping objects from a short distance, which I did not have with Crysis 0.0.

This is what happens when you get a team for console development, you forget things, like how to make a properly fixed PC game.

I know the issue is in Nvidia's hand, in some way. But there is still much to say about Crytek's support on this. And the product they are currently delivering.

Roll back to 270.xx and those issues will go away, though it is weird you are experiencing that on a non rain level.

Have you also tried the new hi rez texture pack to see if your system gets taken to hits knees. Toms had benches using your card if you are interested.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I try to keep the system a lower temps, I have the game running at very high and 1440x768 60 FPS everywhere.

GPU temps goes to 80C. I try to keep that as a maximum. I think the game looks really good as it is, I really don't see why they want to add even more details, it just seems pointless and greedy at that point.

The game looks amazing at 60 FPS very high DX10 med resolution...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I try to keep the system a lower temps, I have the game running at very high and 1440x768 60 FPS everywhere.

GPU temps goes to 80C. I try to keep that as a maximum. I think the game looks really good as it is, I really don't see why they want to add even more details, it just seems pointless and greedy at that point.

The game looks amazing at 60 FPS very high DX10 med resolution...

Couple things

There is no DX10, only 9 and 11 as far as this game is concerned.

Why are you concerned about 80C when my 560ti will top off at 90C and still be stable, all on 55% fan speed control. It only runs this hot mostly because of cramped conditions.

As for details, they did it to satisfy the whiny bitch babies who complained about not having features like the original game had.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh wait, 1440x900. My bad.

Couple things

There is no DX10, only 9 and 11 as far as this game is concerned.

Why are you concerned about 80C when my 560ti will top off at 90C and still be stable, all on 55% fan speed control. It only runs this hot mostly because of cramped conditions.

As for details, they did it to satisfy the whiny bitch babies who complained about not having features like the original game had.

Yeah I know 80C is somewhat stable, but I'm a bit paranoid, and I wish to keep this GPU for many years. The game is fine on DX9.

I'm installing the 270.51 drivers right now. See if that will fix my issues since 1.9. :rolleyes:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It doesn't work with 270.51, either.
Have a look.

[screenshot]http://s1.postimage.org/u12oooy1/Crysis2_Issue.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://s1.postimage.org/u1ustlc9/Crysis2_Issue2.jpg[/screenshot]

I had to put the game in windowed mode, otherwise I couldn't get print screen to work, and I don't have Fraps installed.
600 bucks says I get 0 replies if I post it on MyCrysis. GG, quality patch.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
It doesn't work with 270.51, either.
Have a look.

[screenshot]http://s1.postimage.org/u12oooy1/Crysis2_Issue.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://s1.postimage.org/u1ustlc9/Crysis2_Issue2.jpg[/screenshot]

I had to put the game in windowed mode, otherwise I couldn't get print screen to work, and I don't have Fraps installed.
600 bucks says I get 0 replies if I post it on MyCrysis. GG, quality patch.

Does it occur on the first level? That is the same symptoms that everyone else has gotten, just for some reason your gun isn't a fluorescent bulb.