So yeah, it's out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The ending is a sequel pusher. I believe they plan to release campaign content later on.
It's too soon for a sequel, even though it might happen.

Expansions doesn't exist anymore, unless you're Blizzard.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
SP was pretty good. Better than I expected.

But it ended abruptly. The ending wraps up nothing, really. If they are not releasing some kind of expansion, a sequel is almost guaranteed.

Pretty bad when you can finish the game in a day or less. Gameplay per money it doesn't sound very hot

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I can say the campaign isn't THAT short, it's pretty much the same length you get from other shooters on the market. Name a decent shooter that has a campaign longer than 6-8 hours? Fallout simply doesn't count for a bunch of blatant reasons.

You can choose to rush it, like you can choose not to, and play it casually, these people will finish the game in no time. The main idea is that, with the campaign you get to know the characters, and the game mechanics. It's always like that, it's not a good replayability value.

Echo mode, anarchy are the 2 things that will keep this game standing still. Mostly anarchy.

I can't say for that, I haven't played it, and I can't unless.. I'll let you guys be smart about this and guess it.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I can say the campaign isn't THAT short, it's pretty much the same length you get from other shooters on the market. Name a decent shooter that has a campaign longer than 6-8 hours? Fallout simply doesn't count for a bunch of blatant reasons.

Crysis 2. Good monies-per-play-hours. Took me about 10-12 hours I think, had to preorder it on that basis ^^

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Whaaat? Crysis 2 took me 8 hours, on Veteran. srs.

Crysis 2 will be a very decent product. Let's face it, the campaign is just a small piece of the actual package, I ****ing blame anyone who is going to torrent that game after release. Not often do you get a developer so dedicated to offering a quality PC product to their fanbase.

I'm still not decided if I go retail or digital.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Pretty bad when you can finish the game in a day or less. Gameplay per money it doesn't sound very hot

The singleplayer delivers imho, but I won't deny this is a YMMV game.

For me, the single player delivers enough awesome campaign moments that it makes other shooters look like snoozefests. Call of Duty and Crysis bore me to tears; Bulletstorm hasn't had a dull moment yet.

Really, if the SP is short, it's more because it's compressed and less because it lacks in content. There's no downtime between shootouts and pretty much every fight has something interesting going for it. If you like awesome singleplayer campaigns and over-the-top action, this game delivers in spades.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
That last one looks like the same problem people have had with Halo2 and Viva Pinata.
This might be the first non-Microsoft game that has that "no overlay" bug, which is game breaking (no saves are possible).

Way To Go!!!

In fact, I still haven't resolved the problem with Viva Pinata myself. People say you can fix it by modifying Windows System files, but it doesn't always work and you could potentially screw your windows installation.

Good thing I got that game during the 10 cent sale, lol. (I really want to play it though :( )

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's like gamespy, but somehow better

If I secretly wish that they had used Gamespy instead (assuming Steamworks was a no-go for whatever crazy reason) does that make me a bad person.

At least Gamespy never borked my single-player Borderlands experience.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
If I secretly wish that they had used Gamespy instead (assuming Steamworks was a no-go for whatever crazy reason) does that make me a bad person.

At least Gamespy never borked my single-player Borderlands experience.
After they implemented Steamworks into UE3 I don't know why they didn't use it.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
After they implemented Steamworks into UE3 I don't know why they didn't use it.

I know. I've been saying that ever since they announced they were using GFWL. You'd think every game with Epic's name on it would be an engine showcase.

It just really sucks that a solid game like is nearly crippled by issues that are completely unrelated to the gameplay or the engine.

*sigh*

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I've only played the first 3 chapters of the 1st act so far, but essentially it boils down to the singleplayer campaign being made of constant highs. If you're not in a fight (and so far every big fight has introduced interesting ways to deal with enemies), you're looking at a gorgeous vista while hearing hilarious banter. Yeah, the dialog is kind of crass and childish, but somehow it seems to fit.

I'm probably only about an hour in, but I've already seen more impressive setpieces and funny situations than I did in either of the Gears games, and most other games I've recently played.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Damn you Americans and your Monday/Tuesday release dates. I've got to wait until Friday to pick this suck up.

Are you from the UK too? I pre-ordered it about a month ago and it came in the post this morning, so I guess I got it a day before the release in the UK :D

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Trynant, PM me your full name and address because you win the thread. :)