UT3 The Making of CTF-Pipeline

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

acapulco

Mar 6, 2009
This really is getting sweet. You have gained some modeling skill which I really like! Keep it coming!

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Hey guys, thanks for the comments, I'm sorry that progress is not as quick as I would like, life is very busy these days with a new job, girlfriend and a new hobby (getting back into my RC flyers with a new helicopter)

Anyway here's that latest.

To make this I basically:
1: Created I highpoly mesh of 3 bricks (the top trick is just one of the others on top.
2: Used meshlab to lower the polygons so that I could join all the bricks together by removing the unseen polygons and creating and cutting new ones
3: Exported back to meshlab and further reduced the polygons to get my Lowpoly model.
4: Baked out my normals and ambient occlusion maps.
5: Blended / painted my textures
6: Final pic shows the mesh in unreal.

Here you can see the mesh in my mock level under the arch (because they are designed to me arch supports)
lightingmeshconcept07.jpg

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Hey guys, thanks for showing an interest after all this time. I have been working in the industry and It has just been so hard to do my personal work at the same time. Among other things. Anyway, I've revised the layout to something a tad smaller, and I am still making more meshes and improving old ones.

So we have another support for the structure of the ruins. I'm using Zbrush now too.

Also been modeling a silo that I'm going to work into the level.

I didn't like my floor tiles so I have been sculpting some more.

Its getting there. Slowly :s

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Hey Bazz :)

Been a long time ! I didn't know you get yourself a job in the industry, "bravo!" dude ! I'm happy for ya :D

As always, the progress is very nice ;)

Hope you best my Bazz :)

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Glad to see your still working on the map (when time allows) and congrats on landing an "industry" job. Do you do level design or what?

For the wall and floor tiles, when you create the high poly version, do you have to model all of the polys or is it more organic like creating terrain in the editor?

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Hey Bazz :)

Been a long time ! I didn't know you get yourself a job in the industry, "bravo!" dude ! I'm happy for ya :D

As always, the progress is very nice ;)

Hope you best my Bazz :)

Thanks Steve always great to have your support :D, Yeah I have been working for a New Zealand studio for about a year now

Glad to see your still working on the map (when time allows) and congrats on landing an "industry" job. Do you do level design or what?

For the wall and floor tiles, when you create the high poly version, do you have to model all of the polys or is it more organic like creating terrain in the editor?

Thanks! Yeah Level Design, and I participate in discussions in game design aspects also.

I'm not so sure I understand your question, but for all my high poly meshes I have been sculpting them. Most were sculpted in Mudbox, but I have moved on to use Zbrush now, which I'm getting better sculpts from. So its a very repetitive process using brush strokes.

I have recently got around to finishing the improved tile sculpts and will go on to make the LP textured versions of those. There is still a few more assets to make but soon I will re ready to put it all together.

Hopefully people still play Ut3 when its done :D

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Hello everyone. It is sad to say that this project is on hold until further notice :(

I have been focusing on my modeling, more specifically high res modeling of hero pieces. I am currently dabbling with photo real rendering.

For any one interested in having a look, my portfolio is online here

http://www.bryansparksman.com/
Nissan_22_June-600x210.jpg

Thanks all, sorry that I could not give you another CTF level. At least not at the moment.

Bryan

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
I just visited your webpage Bryan, damn, it's great dude ! :D

Love your portfolio Bazz, all nice work. Hope one day you will release this map with all your custom stuff in it, it's sooooo promising ;)

Ciao :)

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
Wow, Bazz, this tiresome waiting of eleven freaking months (!) is broken with a communication that it just won't happen?

Is the map at least playable? Can we get our hands dirty with an unfinished alpha version?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Any chance you would be interested in getting all that stuff to someone to put together for you or is anyone interested? It would be ashame to have this project stop now.:)