UE2 - UT2kX Realistic UT Modification ut2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
So how are you doing this? It isn't really bump mapping, so what are you running these through photoshop filters or something?

edit:
I guess I'll download your demo and find out...

edit^2:
So... um. Can't say anything nice, sorry. The new textures look absolutely terrible up close. You've basically just raised saturation and contrast to absurd levels, and even worse neglected to put in detail textures so everything looks extremely pixelated up-close. I was hoping for maybe some clever shader effects or something, but no. There's no actual bump-mapping or bloom here or any smart coding, just some uglified textures. :tdown:

Last edited:

Mutant

May 25, 2009
Germany
@Jefe, we know that. The Rankin textures (in this version) look very "pixelated", as you said. Further the textures has too much rust on it. But this is not the fial version, only for demonstration and looking how it works (performance).
We found a better method to get better texture-results (look up in roghinery). ;)

I cannot code so far, and I don't rly know if you can do reach sth. with coding, but if you have any hints/suggestions to gain better results, then you can help us. :)

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Jefe, bloom effect can be swithed ON in UT2004 ONLY as MUTATOR.

Or, only in final versions of some modifications.

The version, that you downloaded is very bad in perfomance(yes, very bad) and very bad in bumps. Please, look up at roughinery screenshots. On the roughinery screenshots there is final version of bumps for this moment. Yes, now I making and testing some new bump method(which must work with ut2004), and I hope that this method will work, if not-this is final version of bumps.

Last edited:

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Well, I guess that my new bump method is working...but, bumps are not visible so good, like in prevouce method, because of ut2004 lighting, I mean, lighting system in ut2004 is not like in ut3, so, bumps is visible, but very bad. Oh...how can I explain...I mean, there is not good dynamic lights, which can help in bump testing.

If we will use new method, there will be new problem: anti-aliasing.
Ut2004 not supports AA(so, this is one of the worst game problems), and I don't know how to solve it...

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
If we will use new method, there will be new problem: anti-aliasing.
Ut2004 not supports AA(so, this is one of the worst game problems), and I don't know how to solve it...

Funny. I have been playing UT2004 with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled for years.

You just have to force the setting using your video card's software.

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Jefe, Im talking about UT2004 AA. Not about my graphics card abilities.

UT2004 Does not support it. AA was cutted from ut2004 like bloom, motion blur, dynamic lights/shadows.

Look up at attachment. This screenshot contains new bump method. As you can see, there is terrible effects(like when AA is disabled in some new games). With default textures there is no such effect.

I hope that now you understand what Im talking about.

Attachments

• look again.JPG
    look again.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 33

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Well, here it is: completed Antalus for mod.

Look at attachment.
Im noob in terrain editin', so, please, anybody, tell me how I can change(I mean export, edit and add) terrain texture?

Attachments

• antalus new.JPG
    antalus new.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 32

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Well...
All who interested in this modification, please, visit this page.
it is a video, which demonstrate RUT karma.
There is smth like a train in a video.
Please, watch it and say what do you think.
Yes, maybe map in movie not maded by author of video, but that physics will be used in RUT.

Last edited:

Mutant

May 25, 2009
Germany
Unfortunately we have a lack of coders....actually we have no coders to realise our new gametypes. Are there any coders out there, who can help us??

Here is an example for a Gametype, we wanna add in our project.

King-Of-The-Hill: It's a team based gametype, that means that two teams are fighting for the circle-area to get points (maybe 5 points in 10 sec.). In the maps there will be several circle spawn-points, the circle should spawn randomly at one of these spawnpoints and will stay there about 1 minute (should be adjustable), then it will spawn at another spawnpoint, to get a special gameflow.

Up to now we are planning 4 new gametypes besides the standard ones:
1. Onslaught-CTF (like Onslaught but istead of destroying the core, you have to capture the flag)
2. King-Of-The-Hill
3. sth. like "Goldrush" (from Team Fortress 2)
4. Hold-The-Flag (like Overdose from UC2)

maybe there can be more gametypes, when we get more smart ideas....
But as I said we cannot do anything, because our sole coder left. :(

HiTekk

Oct 17, 2009
Our web-site's forum now works for 100%.
We created new cathegories and forums, where anyone can leave message or create topic.

If anybody have some suggestions/questions/etc-you can ask it on our forum.

Mutant

May 25, 2009
Germany
So, I have to ask the UT-Community sth. important for our RUT.
Let's discuss about two textures. Both textures are unlit.

The first "Version1" has a strong 3D-effect, but is very bright and has not so much small detail --> won't look sharp in higher scalings.

The second "Version2" has a weak 3D-effect, but isnot so bright and has much small detail --> will look Ok in higher scalings.

We plan higher resolutions for every texture (default resolution * 2), so maybe the textures will look better in higher resolutions.

Version1:

Version2:

Default: