Prometheus for UDK Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
nah, i think it was called Hazard or something... too lazy to check.
You take different routs, some puzzles are hard, some are easy, but you're not sure if you're ever going the right way to the finish.

Did the readme insist on running it at a really low res so it "looked right"?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I haven't tried any of the Prometheus versions yet, but plan on doing it soon. Are they all different story lines? Will versions 1, 2 and 3 still work in a fully-patched UT3? Is v4 just a stand-alone v3? For some reason I thought each version was the same but with bug fixes and other stuff ironed out and maybe very little new added. It sounds now like each version is different. Thank you.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
Is this the same as the latest ut3 mod based release or is there any new content?

“Prometheus” Version 4.0 includes:

· A full circle storyline with three new levels

· New awards for tracking progress

· Additional custom textures, meshes and animations

· Bonus original weapon

· New custom layering music system and new voiceovers

· Seamless cutscenes

· New Epimetheus menu with active previews of individual quantum state histories

· Dramatic improvements to the quantum state character movement and firing accuracy

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Bi()ha2arD said:
Is this the same as the latest ut3 mod based release or is there any new content?
I didn't notice any new content in the UDK release and some stuff may be a bit buggy compared to the v3 Mod one... The uptade will most likely be released for MSUC Grand Finals won't it? ;)

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Epimethius rocks hard. Just when you though Prometheus couldn't get cooler. And the graphical restyling makes the missions feel new (plus I didn't remember the details from my first play-through (v1).

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I haven't tried any of the Prometheus versions yet, but plan on doing it soon. Are they all different story lines? Will versions 1, 2 and 3 still work in a fully-patched UT3? Is v4 just a stand-alone v3? For some reason I thought each version was the same but with bug fixes and other stuff ironed out and maybe very little new added. It sounds now like each version is different. Thank you.
There were major updates from v1 to v2, and then even more from v2 to v3. I wouldn't recommend playing the earlier versions, just v3.
It's the same as v3, just ported over.

Sep 18, 2009
What's Prometheus about?

After looking at the moddb page, I have no idea if Prometheus is purely a puzzle based game / mod, 3rd person, first person...

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
While I like the premise, there's way too much trial and error. The third level is really difficult in my opinion, and not because it's difficult to keep track off, but you have no idea how the level looks, so you'll have to first fail a couple of times, before you can get the right. I don't like games that work this way.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
While I like the premise, there's way too much trial and error. The third level is really difficult in my opinion, and not because it's difficult to keep track off, but you have no idea how the level looks, so you'll have to first fail a couple of times, before you can get the right. I don't like games that work this way.
I tend to hate trial and error based games too, but this is not like, for example, Mirror's Edge time-trial where I fall at the same gap again and again... :p Once you figure out you did something wrong you are not going to commit the same mistake again so your next try should be different from your previous one... :D Sometimes it may be a bit frustrating to repeat your first 1-2 quantum states all the time, though... A 'map' feature might work, but it kinda takes out the discovering feel you get now every time you manage to go thorugh a door... ;)
Don't stop trying the second part of the game (levels 6-9), it's more based on memory and the puzzles are more obvious...

Hedge-o-Matic said:
Epimethius rocks hard. Just when you though Prometheus couldn't get cooler.
IMO both modes have lots of potential... Epimetheus maps are cool and a lot more fun to replay... but you can't shoot your other quantum states! :(;)

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
I can't open any of the Prometheus maps to study them in order to make one of my own. Is there something I'm missing, or is this off-limits, for now?