Borderlands [PC]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
borderlands.png

Borderlands Website

• BuF'ers on Borderlands:
  • GS-ID - Forum username

Kantham - Kantham
    Darkdrium - Darkdrium
    FuLLBLeeD - FuLLBLeeD
    evilmrfrank - evilmrfrank
    toniglandyl - toniglandyl
    Polycron - Polychron

*Please post your Gamespy ID so I can add it to the list!*

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If someone can appreciate FO3, I certainly don't see why this wouldn't work for them.
that's what I'm thinking.

I love first person shooters and I also love character development. so far there have been very few titles that have brought these elements together AND done so successfully. ever since Fallout 3, I've had my thirst for these FPS/RPG type games tickled but not yet quenched.

hopefully Borderlands can deliver, it sure looks good so far. I'll be waiting for this one.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I didn't really enjoy Fallout 3 much :gonk: I never really got into it.
But I'll probably get this anyway, looks good.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Borderland is seriously, probably going to be the 2009 game of the year, unless the developers really screw something up. Very much looking forward to this game.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It should be fun to play. My only gripe is that there is no MP. Co-op doesn't count, there's no difference between having retarded AI teammates or a friend going lolololololololol look at this cool looking tree while you're getting your ass handed to you by the bad guys. I know there's a little bit of 1v1 in it. I'm hoping there's an editor and mod potential because of it.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Agree with everyone before me. Looks to be the first and foremost priority this year (CoD is basically rehashed with more lolol-baysplosions).

My only reservation is the slightly retarded player model style. Stylized, okay. Retardedly skinny anorexic skeleton guy next to inflated-chest guy with shoulders that are three times the width of his waist? Uh....

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The PC version, he says, "destroys" the console versions in more than one field.
.. According to Gearbox's Randy Pitchford, when it comes to graphics, there really is no comparison to be made. The PC version, Pitchford says, "destroys all the console versions in terms of the image fidelity - assuming you have the hardware for it."

Only about visual? Anyway, controls and visuals are mostly always better on PC but everyone knows that. No need to bring this console VS pc talk all over again.

Well all know they will sell more copies on the 360 than they ever will on the PC anyway.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I dunno. Usually I like character development, and I love gunplay, but for some reason when the two combine I can't stand it.

That is the reason why I never really liked Fallout 3 or STALKER: for some reason, you could encounter enemies that you simply could not beat until you had played x amount of hours. Not because the player himself can't do it, but because his stats won't allow him to.

I can tolerate that just fine when magic is involved or even with swords, but stats and guns just clash, for me.

Let's see if this is any different.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
That dancing robot owns. :D

Haven't been keeping up with PC games at all, I know nothing about this game other than the trailer in the first post D: Google time.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
It should be fun to play. My only gripe is that there is no MP. Co-op doesn't count, there's no difference between having retarded AI teammates or a friend going lolololololololol look at this cool looking tree while you're getting your ass handed to you by the bad guys. I know there's a little bit of 1v1 in it. I'm hoping there's an editor and mod potential because of it.

There's a 1v1 duel mode, but there are also several small DM arenas scattered in the game.

I wish they didn't move i to cell shading but other than that I'm gonna get it, gun whoring ftw ^^

It's not really cell shading. Sure, we draw a black outlines around objects in the post processing, but there aren't "cells" of color in the typical cell shading sense. The textures have sort of a sketchy, concept art look to them, but it's not cell shading in the traditional sense.