UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 3 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Another couple days, another Beta Patch as we rush ever closer to the release of the Titan Pack. Today's tasty changes, which as usual, also includes the changes in the first three changelists are:

• Fix a midgame UI crash
  • Fixed Engine.* localization files being in the wrong location
  • Localized nvidia driver warning
  • Fixed bug with removal of map prefixes in the vote menu
  • Fixed stealth vehicle invisibility toggling in client-side demos.
  • Fixed Fury, Manta, and Scavenger animation issues in client-side demos.
  • Fixed bug where game profile options in UTMapLists.ini didn't override options already in the URL
  • Fixed AVRiL rare case where it dealt double damage on hit.
  • Fixed another avril fast firing exploit
  • Improved detection of XP64
  • Removed spurious VEHICLE NOT FOUND printout
  • Supports compiling script code in -mod, as well as publishing within -mod
  • Fixed not being able to publish default (startup) map
  • No longer copies RefShaderCache files when publishing
  • Supports Bink movies in -mod dir (ModDir\Movies)
  • Fixed problem with completely overriding UTCustomChar.ini in the mod config directory
  • OSHelper process will now time out after 15 minutes of getting no communication
  • Added -solomod option to restrict game looking in non-loaded .ini files for maps/gametypes/etc

As always, these patches aren't meant for the general public, so please don't ask for links to them.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Oh, nothing that jumps out at me as being on my wishlist.

Something really jumps out for me. I haven't tried Beta 3 yet, so I am asking if it is fixed:

Does anybody know if the huge, annoying signs over your opponents heads' that got introduced with Patch 2.0 are made optional now.
They really put me off playing and I haven't found anything to remove them.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Something really jumps out for me. I haven't tried Beta 3 yet, so I am asking if it is fixed:

Does anybody know if the huge, annoying signs over your opponents heads' that got introduced with Patch 2.0 are made optional now.
They really put me off playing and I haven't found anything to remove them.
They're not optional, but they're much smaller.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
i noticed something weird in the betas 1 and 2:

even though i have never disabled it in earlier versions weapon stay suddenly defaults to off (and i can't enable it...?!). however, bots are still able to pick up a weapon even if it has already been taken and has not yet respawned.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009

even though i have never disabled it in earlier versions weapon stay suddenly defaults to off (and i can't enable it...?!). however, bots are still able to pick up a weapon even if it has already been taken and has not yet respawned.

This is the feature that weapon-pickups now work like weaponlockers. The weapon is picked up for each player individually. So if you picked it up you can only pick it up later again, but for the other players it is still pickable until they walk over it.

They're not optional, but they're much smaller.

Very good to hear.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
This is the feature that weapon-pickups now work like weaponlockers. The weapon is picked up for each player individually. So if you picked it up you can only pick it up later again, but for the other players it is still pickable until they walk over it.

i see. but i don't really get the point. the only advantage that this new feature brings with it is that the weapon pickup also works as an ammo pickup - or is there something else i'm missing here?

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
One fix i havnt seen yet is (or its in the previous patches that i dont have) a fix to UTEngine.ini problems.

Occasionally when im closing out of Unreal Editor, for some reason the UTEngine.ini config file becomes 90% smaller in file size and when viewed about 90% of the text is gone. So I have to then delete the ini, rerun UT3 up to recreate it. From there I have to reenter my key code and such. Another issue that it causes though is whatever file I was working on before I closed UED, is not screwed and will crash UED, be it a map or say a .upk.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice

It's a feature. Weapons only don't stay on a player basis, just like the weapon lockers always have. This allows you to repickup a weapon for more ammo solving the problem on vehicle maps where there's hardly any avril ammo.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
It's a feature. Weapons only don't stay on a player basis, just like the weapon lockers always have. This allows you to repickup a weapon for more ammo solving the problem on vehicle maps where there's hardly any avril ammo.

:tup::tup: This will be greatly appreciated playing against bots on VTCF-Sandstorm and Suspense.