Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Also Niam Leeson voice-acting as the father is pretty damn awesome.
Yah. I thought that was pretty cool too.

I also thought the way that you choose your character is the most original method I've seen in aaages. Straight from the outset it keeps you in the role.

I don't like RPG's and I like this game.
I also hear it's a lot like Oblivion... which matters so little to me, as I never played Oblivion. :D (not a fan of the whole "wizards, elves and knights" thing)
The style is pretty sweet too
Megaton for instance - wiked concept with the bomb and all and it looks sweet too.
I luckily stacked up on repair skills at the start.

The main issue I'm having at the moment is dealing damage. I'm having real issues taking on enemies in open terrain.
In the school it was easy as you're inside and you can always fight against one enemy at once and you have cover and use brass knuckles, but with guns in the open... I suck.
atm I have zero chance against the mutants 8(

Also, how does VATs work? How can I see how many hits I can land?
To me it seems that first strike is either 3 to 4 hits. 4 if you attack from a hidden state. After that it's 1 or 2 hits? I'm a little confused.
If you kill the hooker in the first house, you get into trouble in other large cities with the something-guard, who are quite hard to fight.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Also, I have a ****ing flaming sword now and I can't begin to explain how much that ****ing owns. Seriously. Holy ****.

I've been looking for a motorcycle handbrake to be able to build that thing. I keep finding the three other components over and over again. I'm not a melee character, though. [Edit: I've got it now. Pretty awesome, but not as good as the Ripper I've found.]

Grrr, can't fast travel to the Super-Duper-Mart without a crash.

I experienced that too. I had to go back to my latest hard save, which luckily wasn't affected. All I did between that save up until it became "corrupted" was to get my reward from Dr. Lesko in the Those! quest, exit the subway and quick traveling to Megaton and then bartering with Moira. I think the glitch may have occured while speaking to Moira (I had yet to raid the mart at that point).

I save often and keep several save files just in case.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That site looks like its for xBox. Do you have that or the PC version? Does the xBox one track the PC version too?

The whole process of creating a Live account was so convoluted. I looked it up online and it said to open an account from the game main menu by pressing 'Home'. I did that.

Then it asked me to create a profile name, so I did. Then that was that. So did I create a profile? I don't know. I then went to check out signing into a Live account. I didn't have one so I made one, at least I thought I did. I put in an email, password (once, it didn't ask for a second confirm one), and then it asked me for another profile name. I put in the same one. Then...nothing. It signs on my profile name, but I never received any email from live, or confirmation of account creation. I don't know what I did. But even still, it won't track my achievements. Unless I am looking in the wrong spot?

If anyone can help clear up how to make a Live account so I can track my achievements that would be super great.
That site is for any version of Live. All those achievements I have gotten on the PC version, which is the only version I own.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I found the fireants pretty easy. I used my hunting rifle almost exclusively. One or two good headshots will finish them off :)
Maybe grenades for the harder cases, but it's not like I needed to use my whole arsenal on them.

I kinda screwed up with the boy though by not giving him a new home afterwards. I just thought he'd be fine. Seems like I missed out on some more of the quest that way. Three Dog chewed me out on the radio for it, which made me feel guilty :(

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
The Fat Man mini-nuke launcher is just ridiculous.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_06.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_07.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_08.jpg[/screenshot]

Getting into DC was freaking tough. At one point I was under attack by three Talon mercs while under fire from a Super Mutant with a missile launcher. Christ. Also encountered a merc with a pretty tough robot bodyguard (the name escapes me, looks like the butler bots). I was on my way to Rivet City, but now I'm currently doing the Galaxy News Radio quest.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
The Fat Man mini-nuke launcher is just ridiculous.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_06.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_07.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_08.jpg[/screenshot]

Getting into DC was freaking tough. At one point I was under attack by three Talon mercs while under fire from a Super Mutant with a missile launcher. Christ. Also encountered a merc with a pretty tough robot bodyguard (the name escapes me, looks like the butler bots). I was on my way to Rivet City, but now I'm currently doing the Galaxy News Radio quest.

lol! You used it on a Mirelurk?

I've been finding ammo for that thing since the early levels of the game. I think I have over 6 rounds so far. I just have to find the gun and/or schematic.

Also, +1 for the ripper. That thing is bloody awesome.

I finally figured out how to create a live account, and when I signed on I soon discovered that any progress you make is tied to any 'profile' you make. So what happened? With my new Live account I would have had to start allllll over again. I couldn't load a game or continue a game. AArrggh!!

It also wouldn't recognize my old off line profile anymore so I signed out of my new account, re-entered my old profile name, and it worked again. I could load my old saves. Sadly it won't track my achievements though. I guess I'll have to start over again anyways. Boo suck on Live for this nasty mess.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Well, I just wanted to try it out and of course I quick saved before firing it.

I have two of them now and 9 nukes. I should probably increase my big guns skill now that I also have a vast amount of ammo for the flamer and minigun.

I probably wouldn't have bothered with Live if it wasn't for the fact that I already had an account set up. The whole registration process aside (I can't think of a worse I've had to go through), it also made a terrible mess of GoW for me and more or less ruined that game for me by deleting my save games half-way through. The in-game interface also seems to be broken, half the time it doesn't register my mouse clicks. I figured that would've been fixed by now.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Found my first bobblehead.
Was inside vault 106, found it a bit creapy, the violin music didn't help.
I got my own fatman(found it outside galaxy radio station). Miralurks get the follow me as I drop frag mines treatment. Hate those critters, hunter version even more, but regular only takes two frag mines.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Found two more bobbleheads, one inside Lucas Simms house, by a bed, and another in the office at the Greener Pastures Disposal Site.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Haha, once you get your pipboy, enable no clip mode (tcl) and with a little messing around and running outside of the game world, you'll get teleported to the level where you have to exit vault 101. Keep running around until you find the vault exit, and you'll be outside as a... child!

Running around the game world as a 10 year old, murdering everyone, doing hard drugs, and drinking alcohol is hilarious.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
The soccer-mum's and religious do-gooders are gunna go to town on Bethesda once that gets out, hot-coffee style.

Gamefaqs.com has a cheat listed to make everyone into a child! But I haven't gotten the code to work, so I don't think its legit.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
AP counts!

Also, how does VATs work? How can I see how many hits I can land?
To me it seems that first strike is either 3 to 4 hits. 4 if you attack from a hidden state. After that it's 1 or 2 hits? I'm a little confused.

VATs uses action points (AP), which can be seen as the little bar on the bottom right of your screen. Certain weapons and actions (e.g. reloading) take a certain amount of AP in VATs, allowing you to queue attacks. After using VATs and AP it takes a while in real time for the bar to recharge so you can use it again.

The pistol uses about a quarter of a full AP bar for me at the moment. Automatic guns take a little more. Melee weapons and heavy guns seem to take the most with taking over half a bar.

Overall, VATs is very useful. Much easier than trying to fight in real time.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I have a pretty sweet hockey mask now that gives me +25 AP or something ridiculous.