WoW addiction fails.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Right.

Basically, BC ruined the game because it rendered the ENTIRE old world useless save for leveling a new character. It confined endgame to one little area (Outland) in which you did EVERYTHING and thus had to compete for resources on a significantly smaller world.
Farming sucks now, PVP sucks, and they generally cut the content of the game in half while acting like it was expanded just because there's some new items.

Playing WoW now is like being addicted to smack. They give you enough to keep you coming back for that fix all the while taking the same amount of money.

I disagree. They made the end game content accessible to a larger player base and it requires less mindless farming than it did before to do most things. In the old days the mindless farming would get you no where at all, now it's genuine progress and not at all required.

PvP is also better than before but that doesn't count world PvP and competitive PvP is only fun for the winners.

End game Pre BC was also smaller. It didn't involve "the whole world" it only involved the level 60 zones there was in no way "more content". TBC provides you with the whole of Outland and it all has end game content... it also makes use of the old world(Which is far from useless.)

Not liking the game is perfectly fair enough but claiming it's worse or has half the content than it used to have is not at all accurate. Would you rather have stayed at level 60 farming the same old content untill now with possibly nothing more than a few new dungeons/raids to see?

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
like, i think that this guy should work for the military or something... like work at those secret hi-tech government organizations tracking down terrorists or something... obviously he has the capacity to keep track of many things at once, and the hardware he's using doesnt look too far off from some kind of NSA or MI5 rig

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
like, i think that this guy should work for the military or something... like work at those secret hi-tech government organizations tracking down terrorists or something... obviously he has the capacity to keep track of many things at once, and the hardware he's using doesnt look too far off from some kind of NSA or MI5 rig

Nah. The way they control it is mostly automated. He probably only has to keep track of 2-3 things at once and the rest is just Press 1 button = 5 characters cast a heal.

I can't see the point in playing a multiplayer game on yuor own though... That's what singleplayer games are for surely?

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
well he did say something about attacking the alliance... so it still involves other players... it only gets pointless if he's making his characters fight themselves or something, i think

still tho, the very fact that he managed to do a setup like this in a first place is a kind of technical achievement to me, like handling 11 computers in realtime... i havent come across many people who can do that, like maybe they are IT admins and they take care of dozens of computers but they usually work on them one by one or they use some scripts or something to automate everything, but to actually sit in front of almost half a dozen machines and keep track of 36 different things happening at once is quite impressive... for me i wont even be able to keep track of which trackball controls which computer if i was sitting in that chair...

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Would you rather have stayed at level 60 farming the same old content untill now with possibly nothing more than a few new dungeons/raids to see?

Yes. Or they could of not made the xpac suck so much. Atleast the raids Pre BC were good. MC was legendary same with BWL.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Yes. Or they could of not made the xpac suck so much. Atleast the raids Pre BC were good. MC was legendary same with BWL.

And all of twenty people out of the millions who played the game ever saw it.(This is exagerration btw numbers aren't real.)

End game raiding in TBC is pretty good, or is it less legendary if your not the only guy in purple gear dancing in ironforge/orgrimmar?

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
or is it less legendary if your not the only guy in purple gear dancing in ironforge/orgrimmar?

I'm not sure which server you played on. But every server I was on there were a large number of raiding guilds.

If you played on a fairly low pop server then yeah its going to be a lot harder to find a guild back then. But on Med-High pop servers raiding wasnt really a problem.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Would you rather have stayed at level 60 farming the same old content untill now with possibly nothing more than a few new dungeons/raids to see?

You're missing the point.

Of course no one wanted to stay 60 forever. Just like no one will want to stay 70 forever. Expansions are fine.

But they could have applied a little more creativity in allowing the expansion to encompass the old world which dwarfs the little area you're confined to once you hit Outland.

You said they made the endgame content more accessible. True.
But again, they did it the wrong way. They just made everything easier, they dumbed the game down a whole lot. Raids @ 70 were a thousand times easier than @ 60.
We breezed through Mount Hyjal for example, where it took us forever to take down AQ20/40. The first time we ran into any challenges in raiding @ 70 was Black Temple which still felt more like doing Molten Core for the first time, by comparison.
Having finished the BC endgame so quickly is part of why I sold my account already. Boredom, lack of content. Introducing "daily" quests does not equal content, doing the same stupid sh*t every day.

BC killed the game, face it. Of course, the first step is denial which is always the hardest part. Sell your account and enjoy some fresh air.