PSYTEX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The mod is finally released.

CERBERON.NET

Update: Download links in the thread that you find in the link above were updated. You need to register to access the download page through the download links.

Update 2: An update to PsyTex and new camos and face pack are released. Get them in the link above.

Update 3: PSYTEX 1.2 was released as a single installer executable.

Last edited:

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Hah - an awesome start of the weekend. Back from my work, and what I see? An essence of talent and hard work packed in one, long awaited release. Beautiful :).

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
OMMFG! I finally finish getting this downloaded and installed, get it running and BAM! I cream myself on those skins, and thats just looking at them in the loadout menu. Seriously these are awesome, and well worth the wait for such a complete pack of such well done skins. I really feel for your family, and all the neglect they must have suffered while you toiled away on this! :rofl:

The only downside, i seem to die a lot more ingame as my attenion is always drawn to admiring the weapons, either in my hands or dropped ones on the ground where the last guy died. Also kudos to the install, bloody easy to install and get running, and the readme instructions were clean and to the point. As i've said above, very well done, and so i'm now curious as to what you've got planned now, perhaps paying attention to the missus' i suppose. Well you both'd deserve it thats for sure!

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Comments and criticisms.

First of all these give a well deserved facelift to the game. Particularly for weapons that drastically needed it such as the Sig 551 (it looks like a sig now!!!) the beretta which looks like a gun instead of a water pistol, and the best improvement, the p90!!

At first, it feels like everything has just been darkened which is mostly the case but after playing, it really does improve things.

I know a lot of the changes are just place holders for the time being so I'm aware that most of what I'm going to say will be addressed.

A lot of the improvements in some cases detract from the weapon. The darkening of the textures brings out some of the texture resolution limitations. Like the back of shotgun or the blockiness or blotches on the old texture work. Some of the grays on the m4 where a solid color was used sticks out quite a and confuses the eyes when dynamic lighting does it's thing like on the m4. The gray used under the carrying handle seems almost luminescent.

Also, I was hoping for higher resolution textures for the older weapons which I know is a pain in the ass because of the way the models were texture mapped. However one can still dream. When we have weapons with high quality textures like the m60 and micro uzi, textures like that of the sig just don't cut it anymore.

All in all I love it. the mp5 series of weapons look better than ever and weapons like g3a3 look like they should finally lol.

One thing you could do in the immediate future psy is to either retrace or re color the "flaws" in the gun metal of the weapons. if the scratches and damage were brought back to their original brightness, I think the contrast between the dark gunmetal and the bright scratches would really allow the dynamic lighting to come through more and give the weapons more of a 3d feel. Right now, the dark grays kinda neutralize the lame lighting effects in UT and so they feel less 3 dimensional.

Great work!

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Really cool weapons, especially the SIG-551!
Yet, I found a strange problem... the AKs74u doesn't "exist" anymore! :eek:
I tried to pick it up, even from the shooting range, but nothing happens.
Even if carried as loadout it appears.

I removed the black-skinned and the Relic mutators, so I'm now quite puzzled about what could interfere with that weapon in particular. :(

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2169761 said:
Yet, I found a strange problem... the AKs74u doesn't "exist" anymore! :eek:
Point No. 1: The AKS74U (5.45x39) never existed in Inf. What you might have confused with it is the AKMSU (7.62x39), which looks identical except for the more curved 7.62x39 mag.

Point No. 2: "Works on my system, must be your hardware" (Copyright by Microsoft Tech Support). No seriously, I have no problem with it - perhaps you could post you mutator list or so?

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
yeah, the weapon is the one you mentioned... :shy:

for mutator list...

------------------------------------------------
INF - Bonus Weapons
INF MOD - Weapon Pack 1.5
INFMOD - M60 Machine Gun
INF - M3S90
INF - M4A1 RO979
INF C7
INF - Beretta 96 and 98
Duke - XM8 Weapon
INF Bot Director
INF Bot Healer
Inf HUD fix
INF Magcheck
INF - AimView
INF - Bandage
INF - M2HB AimView
INF - MiniUziFix
INF - UTWeapons
INF Team location
ReportDirection
yurch - new40mm compatable bullet flight sounds
yurch - bullet flight sounds 3
(UN) Handgun Fix
------------------------------------------------

there they are :)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Allthough I haven't had the chance to play it, the guys involved deserve credit for keeping the game alive after all these years. Maybe this is the kick in the ass I need to get my computer up and running again so I can check this out. I might drop by on a server soon :)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
@Mitchell:
Looks pretty normal to me - with the possible expection of the UTWeapons one. Have you tried runing naked (i.e. no mutators) to see if the same happens. If no try to remove one mutator at a time to see which one causes it..

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2170313 said:
I'll try it.
One question though: changing the mutators while running the PSYTEX MOD does effect the mutators of "normal Infiltration" ?
Ok I'm not really sure about it, but IIRC Psytex copies the infiltration.ini at startup (or was it install?) to change the paths (should be install) and therefore creating an own infiltration.ini. Since the list of used mutator is saved in infiltration.ini (or was it infiltrationuser.ini?) the list used for psytex is saved in another ini (infiltraion_psytex.ini or so..). I think..

But I'm really not sure - in case you really want that mutator list to stay, backup your infiltration.ini (and infiltrationuser.ini in case I'm wrong..).

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
Yes, every time you launch ``PsyTex INF'' Infiltration.ini is copied to Infiltration_psytex.ini and the Paths are modified.
The mutator list is stored in Infiltration.ini.

It is possible to merge any changes back, open ${utdir}/PsyTex/psytex.sh and add at the bottom:

Code:
sed "s|PsyTex/System|Infiltration/System|" ${newconfig} > $(dirname ${config})/tmp.ini 
sed "s|PsyTex/Textures/Camos|Infiltration/Textures/Camos|" $(dirname ${config})/tmp.ini > ${config}

Note:
Make sure you save in with UNIX line endings, not DOS (LF, not CRLF), notepad is unable to do this, use another editor that can (like wordpad).

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Ok, I found it quite easily (or luckily): it's INF MAG Check
all other mutators work fine, even the wierdest like InstantGib (which doesn't work actually) and LowGrav.

Strange, any ideas about?

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
INF MAG Check only works for the original weapons, like the M16A2, FAMAS, P90, etc. not for the weapons from the Bonus pack or WeaponMod.

It fully works with "original" weapons, but it works with new-weapons too, like M60, M4A1, M4, HK416 and so on, BUT you don't see the OP pulling the mag out, only the message with estimate bullets left appears.
And with PSYTEX, it still works, but the AKMSU doesn't, and I can't figure out why. :(

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2171481 said:
And with PSYTEX, it still works, but the AKMSU doesn't, and I can't figure out why. :(

I don't really know how magcheck works (I don't have it, I think - I don't use it) but in case it would replace the INF AKMSU with a modified version (let's call it MagCheck AKMSU) it might interfere with the Weapon Pack, which replaces the INF AKMSU with an INFMOD AKMSU (Mag Textues/Meshes changed or so) - I'm not sure which meachnism leads to a deleted AKMSU, but it might be technically possible. I guess that's why I ended up to never ever again extend a weapon class to make a mutator - it just will fuck up sometime, someplace..

If you care to post your version on MagCheck I might take a look at it..