UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
The bugs people have found so far aren't exactly plainly obvious. I have yet to run into any of them in regular gameplay. FFS, some of you are acting like the bonus pack is entirely unplayable which is just ridiculous. You guys will find anything to complain about, won't you?
of course ;)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The bugs people have found so far aren't exactly plainly obvious. I have yet to run into any of them in regular gameplay. FFS, some of you are acting like the bonus pack is entirely unplayable which is just ridiculous. You guys will find anything to complain about, won't you?
I was playing a botmatch offline in Morbias and the bots kept running into the center of the map in the air, I'd occasionally get hit them stay floating int he air until I moved to the center of the map. It's very easily recreated and the bots seem to love doing it.

and the ppl complaining in ANY way about getting new content for the game SHUT THE **** UP and go away - you obviously could care less no matter what happens with UT3 and probably dont play/didnt buy it anyway :rolleyes: you know who you are and those of us who play and enjoy the game despite the problems are way tired of you... (can you tell i havent slept lately?! ;) )

QFE
You may have not slept but you speak words of truth.

MARVO

I am in this thread.
Jan 20, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
really i can see everyone complaining if they paid for the maps, but epic are giving them to us for free. people just dont realise how much effort goes in to creating a map for ut3 i guess :rolleyes:

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Cool...rushed or not, free maps are always good. For people bitching about how this isn't the Epic of old, I guess they're not old enough to remember the very first game Epic ever released...you know, Unreal, which was a buggy mess until several patches later (multiplayer especially).

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

This is a usual thing I ran into after providing the community extra content. Don't worry, some posters really have to find something, collision being the most common thing. Things like "OMG my gunz disappear when I push my guy against the wall" is something I got too. But I read it for the lol.

Things like being able to walk where you shouldn't or go trough a mesh you shouldn't is good feedback, but this... just the usual stuff. Notice how the nicer the level is, the sillier the comments will be? Just make a really standard level, with a new account (So if say, you're Hourences, just not to get flamed for releasing a poor quality level with such a name) and see how the comments go well.

Or yet how a specific gametype gets it's own type of crowd. I noticed the VCTF community is quite more demanding than the DM one. You're also are dealing with a whole bunch of different kind of players.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Why is there no player count and no screenshot ?
It isn't very "profesionnal"... :(

A slight overlook. The maps are wicked, just took a **** load of head shots within Face, Morbias was fun too. Though it is a nice polish touch to add the screens,I could care less. If the maps rock and bring back a ton of nostalgia of how I 'wasted' my time in High school a screen shot is not going to make or break the level.

I say let's give the level designers and artists around of applause rather than childish bitch fest...

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
A slight overlook. The maps are wicked, just took a **** load of head shots within Face, Morbias was fun too. Though it is a nice polish touch to add the screens,I could care less. If the maps rock and bring back a ton of nostalgia of how I 'wasted' my time in High school a screen shot is not going to make or break the level.

I say let's give the level designers and artists around of applause rather than childish bitch fest...
:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:
This person has the right idea.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the maps are the hershey's kisses, the no preview/playercount is like the little white pull thing on the hershey kisses being missing. You just don't care. because it doesn't affect the taste :D

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Yay two CTF maps!

Not only was it released unannounced but it contained 2 CTF maps, a very nice surprise indeed.

DM-Morbias is, well, its Morbias and not exactly rocketscience ;)
CTF-Face Im not a big fan anymore (mostly because of all the Faceonly servers in UT2004 i guess) this time it cant **** up the servers etc but its still a good map.

CTF-Searchlight Now heres the gem in the pack imo. Maybe a little big but still, a VERY good map :)

And i really love that nice little touch where the Searchlights are pointing at the FC:s :tup:

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
the maps are the hershey's kisses, the no preview/playercount is like the little white pull thing on the hershey kisses being missing. You just don't care. because it doesn't affect the taste :D

:D awesome :)

MuLuNGuS

Apr 14, 2005
ok, glitches need attention but some people are never satisfied.

bitchin' about free stuff should be punished with an immediate lightning strike :lol:

nice lookin' playin' maps, nice job Epic Games.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
And i really love that nice little touch where the Searchlights are pointing at the FC:s :tup:

really? I didn't notice! If what you say is true then my intense flaming of epic will have to wait until after another play through.

I'll say one thing though: The whole pack feels really unprofessional. I don't mind how many maps are in a pack, as long as they are good. Not having a screenshot and not having map descriptions eliminates 25% of what makes a professional map imo.