UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
So damn demanding aren't we.

'I want it perfect, nothing out of place and nothing that i could possibly complain about or else i won't play the map, even non gameplay affiliated bugs i don't want cause they just **** up the experience!... but even then guess WHAT, the games UI sucks! It doesn't even affect gameplay, But I'm still gonna bitch about it and not bother playing the game!'

*above is interpretation of all you UT3 haters (i find)*

Real stupid i find. Be thankful that that Epic even listens to us, we could very well have gotten nothing, no patches, no fixes for the bot eye level height... nothing we could be stuck with the game as it shipped, and OMG, it was fun then! So why do you bother to bitch about 3 totally free maps that don't affect you at all cept you download (might cost you on youor monthly internet bill... then DOWNLOAD IT AT WORK OR SCHOOL!)! Just shut up all you negative people, its been said a hundred times we don't want to hear you moan that the game has faults (i know them too, but wtf, its still fun). Either download the pack (and the re-release whenever that is) and enjoy or just don't even bother posting here. *So freaking annoying*

Yes, its a tad bit of shame that there are flaws within the maps, but who gives a ****! Really, the only bug that has any reason to be bitched at is he Morbias floating bug... even then its just a minor bug. Its not killing you just because a bot or player can stand above you all (works better actually since he's barely can move so he's an easy target).

*End Rant*

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
I disagree. You don't accidentally release a wrong map pack, and you don't release an unfinished map pack because of a lack of time. If there isn't enough time a professional studio delays them. And since they never even announced the pack they could have done it without any damage to their reputation.

You obviosly don't know how game companies work then.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I found even more bugs in the functionality on the searchlight, both beems reference direction is atuly not the way the been i sfacing so if it were to point at you, you would see it pointing sidways. also both black cubes have the reference blueflagmarker.

Strangly once fixed up the kismit looks sound, but when you play it, the beams actuly point in the direction the players are facing so when the player turns arround, so does the beam. Strange this. After looking at it, im sure it was not tested :S

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Cool to read about the searchlight! :)
Too bad it doesn't actually work as intended. :(
As has been mentioned, I also hope Epic will just fix everything and re-release, not trying to sort-of-patch-things-up so old and new versions remain compatible.

Yes, its a tad bit of shame that there are flaws within the maps, but who gives a ****!

It's a pet peeve of mine to reads posts by people who read a whole thread on subject X and then ask if anyone even gives a Y about X.
That's probably the most annoying rhetorical question ever.

Super-Moose

Dec 3, 2005
UK
Hows that then? Because I'm glad to see Face back, because I've never liked Morbius, because I've no idea what searchlight is like, or because I'm mildly disappointed at the small amount of content compared to previous BPs? Or maybe it's because you need a new dictionary...

OMG, how can you not love Morbius?
Morbius, barnburner, the funnel maps... I've never found them all that fun. :(
Curse you, inability to like mindless ****! :mad:

The bugs people have found so far aren't exactly plainly obvious.
How is a big black cube sitting on one of the Searchlight roofs, not obvious? :0
But yeah, nothing major. I'm more disappointed by the lack of new armour parts. I love playing dollys. D:

Anyways.. I gave them a quick play. Face is still Face (even though the name doesn't really fit any more D: ). Morbius is, sadly, still Morbius. Searchlight, I need to play a bit more. Seemed like it could be alright, though.
Overall, free stuff is always good, and it's a damn sight more than you get from most devs. So cheers, Epic. I still love ya really. ^^

Last edited:

Ballin'

Apr 4, 2008
people are "picky" because the previous versions of UT never had any of this mess. games were released without nearly as many problems, bonus packs included LOTS of maps, and sometimes even gametypes if i'm not mistaken.

however in ut3, it just seems they bit off more than they can chew, and they don't want to admit it. don't get me wrong, the gameplay is AMAZING, i love it. however, when its shipped with a horrible user interface, the server browser not really working, favs/history not working either, theres more graphical options is GEARS OF WAR which was released FIRST, just becomes really ridiculous.

The "beta" demo was supposedly for the community to give feedback...yet pretty much everything that was said on their forums was ignored, and they released the game the same way as the demo. When people heard this, they said they wouldn't play it until it is fixed, they told others not to play/buy it, and a domino effect erupted, and this is where we are now, unable to find a decent server online.

Sure, they may have overreacted a little bit, since many of us love the game. But you got to understand where they are coming from....every previous game was a lot more polished than ut3, so we are USED to great settings and gameplay. other games might be worse off, but thats ANOTHER game. we're not THAT community which hasn't grown accustomed to a certain way of gaming. We want steps FORWARD, not BACKWARD.

Bonus pack is nice. love the remakes and searchlight. And for those of you saying that "its free, enjoy it".....where do you come up with this stuff? IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN FREE! the bonus packs keeps INTEREST in the community, just like patches, because we feel TAKEN CARE OF.

Anyways, /end rant. I'll be playing ut3 until there are no more pugs going on, it's a great game. But i don't see it becoming more active unless something drastic is done, such as releasing an expansion of ut3, like 2k4 was to 2k3, with all the settings fixed, bonus packs included, and another patch implemented. This would do WONDERS. Hell, you wouldn't even need to advertise, the fact that you guys would do so much for us (after what happened) would spread to everyone online and will definitely give it another shot. It's a win-win...

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
To be fair, content for UT3 does take a lot longer to make than content for previous games. A good mapper could pump out a good 2k4 map in a week; that's an EXTREMELY optimistic timeframe for a good UT3 map. I think Hourences said once Krodan took about a month from beginning to end?

Also, now the LD is saddled with two jobs - now there's mechanic and visual LD. Mechanic dudes do the layout, Visual pretty it up. In Epic maps, this usually meant 2-3 guys worked on a map. When one person has to do it, it takes a lot longer.

I'm not going to bail on UT3. I love it, and I can't wait to see the real good custom content coming out for it. Each patch does make the game considerably better. I'm pretty sure that starting around summertime (up North, anyway; Winter for you Aussies and the like) that we'll see lots of kickass stuff begin to come out, and by then, more people will have better systems that can run the game, along with a price drop. It'll get more and more lucrative as time goes on.

Ballin'

Apr 4, 2008
i once shared your optimism, but the truth is that many people have just moved on....its not very likely at all for there to be an explosion of activity.

every patch did not really make the game considerably better, it just helped. the last patch contained favs/history fixes, along with webadmin, which i heard was awful. i'm sure there was more, but these are really the obvious ones. we still can't see whos in the server, still no additions to settings, copy/paste, etc etc.

If it really is that much harder to do in ut3....then maybe they rushed the engine as well? Was it properly made?

I'll be playing, but i highly doubt to see any significant increase in activity without something drastic (ut3.5). If it doesn't pick up during summer, i'm playing cod4 or maybe some quake.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
every previous game was a lot more polished than ut3, so we are USED to great settings and gameplay.
WTH??? o_O Did you only ever play the previous games after they'd been out a year or something? If not, I have no idea how you could make a statement that is so off base...