Thanks...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
JaFO said:
then nothing will happen ...
You've only got one expensive and possibly antique coaster for your drinks left once those servers go down for any reason.

That's Valve & Vivendi for you.
They're not interested in creating games that people like to play.
They're only interested in squeezing as much money out of our pockets as possible.
Congratulations, you just figured out why bid wants a crack. And this is what you are saying we should give money to Viovendi and Valve for?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Nemephosis said:
Congratulations, you just figured out why bid wants a crack. And this is what you are saying we should give money to Viovendi and Valve for?
I'm saying that if you really wanted to stop Vivendi & Valve dead in their tracks and send them a message they can't ignore then you simply do not play the game.(period)

No cracks ... as that only gives them an excuse to increase their desire for control of the software they sell.

Piracy and no-cd cracks aren't just bad because they cheat developers out of money they earn.
They're also bad as they provide publishers with even more ammo to increase the money they waste on ever more paranoid 'copy-protection'-schemes.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
RaptoR said:
... for dragging yourself away from your crowbar for long enough to visit BeyondUnreal. ;)

Actually I am using an axe and I havent cleared the field of the pesky wild boars yet.I am using this week to enjoy WOW as I am not incline to pay for the game service.

Biscuits

Jun 22, 2004
I think this forum is a little biased, anyway I like Hl2 so far interactivity with objects is great!

What happens when in 10 years the authentication servers are down?
They will probably release a patch for the game to authenticate it offline, I dont see any reason why it will become abandonware.

M

Mastame

I don't even knew HL2 was released.. I dind't even knew what you guys where talking about for the biggest part of this thread.

So, yeah, I'll stick to UT2004. :D

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Well said, raptor :)
I've had to stop playing because my fingers are numb :2thumb: but as soon as I can move them again, I'm back to playing the best single player game I've played in a long time.

Last edited:
F

f13nd

fwx

How can you call HL2 better than UT2004

they are diffrent games all together. yeah the engine is better in HL2, but ut and q3 have always been about multiplayer. If you play UT for the singleplayer your either on a 28.8 modem, or bored outta your mind. Look how many people play doom3, thats how many will play HL2 in the coming months. the only good thing about HL2 is CS:source, and CS players don't belong in UT :)

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Woot! Woot! i got an email today saying the HL2 which was dispatched on Friday, has now just been dispatched today... WOOT WOOT... eh. hang on wtf!

now i got to wait till next ****ing week....

WHAT IS THE POINT OF PRE-ORDERING A YEAR EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think waiting for games these days is more fun than the game themselves. I mean, Valve sure did supply us with one helluva rollercoaster ride with waiting for this one :)

Right now I could really care less about HL2, i'll get it for Christmas. but for now Im gonna try to scrounge up enough money to buy Metroid Prime 2: Echos....

EndlessWaves

Intergalactic Anomaly
Jul 1, 2004
QAPete said:
ETA until HL2 becomes old news: 6 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes....

And five hundred thousand forum threads.

I havn't got it, It's not on order and I have no plans to get it at the moment.

Mas

Paul Aka Mas
Dec 9, 2003
So guys, does anyone know what stores in the UK are stocking the collectors edition ?

And has anyone bought it over steam, can u backup the game on to cd/dvd afer you have downloaded it?

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
bid said:
I'll never buy a game with Nazi-like copy protection schemes that require you to activate the game online before you can play the game.

I'll never give my money to a greedy, evil, corporation.

I'll wait for the hassle-free cracked version.
THis has been the most hassle free purchase of a game in my life.

1) Bought something else, got it free.
2) Followed a link.
3) DL'd something, registered.
4) Product arrived on my HDD when i wanted it to go there.
5) Played it the moment it was available.

What the hell's the hassle in that? :)

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
But ppl says that HL2 engine is just a modified (larger textures, lighting etc.) HL1 engine, which is actually Quake2 engine.
So you are buying a *VERY* advanced game, guys.

Last edited: