Thanks...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
oh so they did port it.. well thats cool now if that ever becomes stand alone ill buy it cuse that was cool/fun to play

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
JaFO said:
TFC/S is part of one of those extra expensive packages (either 'silver' or 'gold').

No it's not. Maybe you're thinking about Day of Defeat: Source? Or HL: Source?

J

-Jes-

I recall HL1 being a crap-tastic sp-game... And since many people actually LIKED that, I can only assume that HL2 will mimick it! ;)

Besides, Valve actually supports that smelly heap of dung called CS.. :/

JoshC

Sep 11, 2004
RaptoR said:
... for dragging yourself away from your crowbar for long enough to visit BeyondUnreal. ;)

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... drag yourself away long enough to mirror the new release of Eden Eclipse! :p

Seriously, though, HL2 looks pretty awesome. I only wish I could afford a new computer right now to run it.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Funktion said:
No it's not. Maybe you're thinking about Day of Defeat: Source? Or HL: Source?
I guess you're right ...
http://www.steampowered.com/
I really thought that they had ported all the old 'popular' & 'official' mods to source for one of the versions.

Then again ... it's for the best.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Seriously it rocks, played it for like 30 min's (damn uni)
but damn, the first few scenes are amazing, don't have much time to look around and enjoy the view though :p

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
So wait, I knew they had to authenticate it over the net, which is stupid, but do you have to do that for each install or does it give you a password to hook up to another computer? Are there really not any people left who aren't on the internet? What happens in 10 years when I'm feeling a little nostalgic for the game and their authentication server is no longer up?

M

moomoomoo

it seems hl2 is relying mainly on the graphical edge instead of the longevity (i make words up :D) sure it may have good gameplay, but with no MP a lot of its 'edge' is lost to 'edgier' games such as ut04, Q3? etc...
ut has the graphics, the playablity and a real multiplayer aspect. not some tag along mod ^^
and also- if its a single player game, there is little or no point in activation keys (which can be broken easily) and there is little or no point in actually buying for maybe an 8 hour experience, as opposed to ut04 which gives 1000s of hours +++

just my thoughts. no flame. no blame.

P

Peh

Peh

Half-life will never stand up to the might of UT2004! muhahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhaahahahaha!

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Caravaggio said:
So wait, I knew they had to authenticate it over the net, which is stupid, but do you have to do that for each install or does it give you a password to hook up to another computer? Are there really not any people left who aren't on the internet? What happens in 10 years when I'm feeling a little nostalgic for the game and their authentication server is no longer up?
then nothing will happen ...
You've only got one expensive and possibly antique coaster for your drinks left once those servers go down for any reason.

That's Valve & Vivendi for you.
They're not interested in creating games that people like to play.
They're only interested in squeezing as much money out of our pockets as possible.

F

Fwx

Wow just played Half-Life2 for 1.5 hours and this game has so far put all other games to shame. I was skeptical of the reviews which so far average to around 96-97% total but this game seems to be living up to the hype.

Unreal Tournament 2004 seems like a totally silly game compared to Half-Life2 and I don't think I could ever go back to the Unreal Series after playing this. The graphics are the best in any game to Date. It Does not have Doom3's dynamic unified lighting system (although the engine is capable of it) but it looks better, if you got the right hardware.

Wow, just Wow! :D

J

-Jes-

JaFO said:
then nothing will happen ...
You've only got one expensive and possibly antique coaster for your drinks left once those servers go down for any reason.

That's Valve & Vivendi for you.
They're not interested in creating games that people like to play.
They're only interested in squeezing as much money out of our pockets as possible.
/Agree *rolls eyes*

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
bid said:
So you suggest I support Valve, and encourage their Nazi behavior? If Valve's Nazi tactics is successful, it will become the default business model for the gaming industry.

BTW: I don't support piracy; I support common sense.

your a fool, a foolish fool. your actualy saying "i dont like Valve because they try and stop me getting stuff for free so i am going to get it for free just to spite them"

anyways i probably wont be getting it too doon since my computer wont run it well (1.2 amd) and that is the min requirements

F

f13nd

will only keep me away from 2k4 for a few weeks, similar to doom3. once its beat...its beat... CS:Source sucks so far.