Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I don't think either of us ever thought the other was serious, but this is just text. And neither of us can decipher how something is being said merely by text. So we leave ourselves with a defense mechanism just in case. Usually in the form of smiley's so we can go back and say, "Look, I wasn't serious."

;)

:D

:mad:*

*so the spirit movie sucks, eh?

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Slumdog Millionaire 9/10

Danny Boyle is the man.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Madagascar 2 5/10

Funnier than the original (psychotic penguins got a lot more screentime) but still decidedly average. An OK way to pass 90 minutes.

Conan the Destroyer 2/10

I confess that I fell asleep about three-quarters of the way through. The amazing thing is that I lasted that long.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
JUMPER 8/10

Did not expect to like it. Pleasently surprised. Hoping there is a sequel.

Super High Me 4/10

Funny. A little Informative. Overall not great.

/edit/ Forgot one

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull 5/10

It was ok. Not great. Worst of the 3. Very obvious it was just a pre-quel to the next Generation "Indiana Jones"
If Harrison really did do his own stunts... that would be impressive.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Inkheart 7/10

Surprisingly good. Soooo much better than the previous Cornelia Funke adaptation (The Thief Lord). Decent production values, great scenery and green screens. OK acting, neat idea, high adventure and a passable script. All this movie needed was the old-style Pixar touch on the script. Sure, it played out a few implications of what it might mean to have the stories in books coming to life but in the end it didn't quite seem to realise fully the vision and its consequences

What was really interesting was the reaction of the kids. I've never before seen them discuss so intensely a movie, its themes and the implication of what it might be like in real life if the movie were to be true.

The 8-year old came home and announced that he was going to write a book (later, amended to his big sister was going to do the writing and he would do the illustrations:)) and they've been busy beavering away at the said book.

I cannot recall a movie having an impact like this. Sure, they like to act out Star Wars etc. but doing what boring parents might regard as productive work on the back of a movie's inspiration? It has never before happened.

Edit:I forgot to mention. Despite there being 4 above the title stars, Andy Serkis completely steals the acting honours - having way too much fun as the moustache-twirling baddie.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Vicky Christina Barcelona. I really liked it a lot, it was considerably better than Cassandra's Dream and Matchpoint (didn't see Scoop yet). All of the actors' performances, especially Bardem's, were nothing short of amazing and I loved the pictures of the city. 10/10

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Van Helsing 2/10

I feel slightly nervous about rating this one... :)

Staring everyone's favourite vampire movie starlet, Van Helsing is Hollywood's take on a Grand Unified Theory of Classic Monsters. I did wonder where The Mummy was until I saw who directed the movie.

Parts of this movie looked very good (that would be the sets, for those of you sniggering at the back) and parts of the movie were real and sometimes the two (oh, stop it!) were the same.

Plausibility came second by a long margin.

There was no characterisation - only cyphers moved from scene to scene by the director and his CGI team.

Tension. Nope.

Brevity. Nope.

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Splinter - 6.5 / 10

Entertaining enough. Some really cheesy special effects at times but it's obviously a low budget film so who cares. Pretty good acting and surprisingly rational decisions made by the characters throughout the film (for the most part). Usually the characters in horror films are so stupid that you actually want them to die, but in this case they actually think their decisions through.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Mississipi Burning 9/10

I get to see a smaller guy get pimp slapped by a big southern fbi guy, and smaller guy bring out a gun, and hold bigger guy down. Excellent... and some churchs were burned in the making of this movie.

Very excellent 1988 Film! I did not notice its age until I saw it. I would of thought it was a recent movie... Well I should of known since their wasnt any kung fu in it.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 9.?/10, I loved it even though I sometimes didn't understand what they where saying (saw it without any subtitles). Anyhow, the movie felt kinda "magical", the mysterious music and the unusual story probably contributed to that. Will give it a proper rating once I've seen it in Cinema (damn sweden always gets movies 1-2 months after everyone else :( )

ps: I actually shed a tear or two for the guy with the clock, great scene!

edit: Brad Pitt was great, but then again he always is.

Last edited:

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Empire of the Sun 7.5/10.

and Bale is still not nominated?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three 9/10

The mayor, who seems to be there purely for comic relief, is out of place, imo. Other than that the movie is almost perfect.