New DTAS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
And i thought i had to get into serious ini editing for it... stupid me. Thx crowze.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Taking profit of this old thread ressurection, I´d like to report what seems to be an offline bug: playing DTAS with and against bots, if I capture the flag, the other team scores!!! Why this bizarre result?
Here is my dtas settings:

[InfilDTAS_1_61.DTAS]
PlaceFlagTime=25
CapTime=10
MaxCapTime=30
AttackerTimeDecrease=5
DefenderTimeIncrease=2
MinPlayersPerTeam=3
AttackersNeeded=1
DefendersNeeded=4
bShowFlare=False
bShowFlag=True
bDebugMode=False
bShowFlagIcons=True
bShowInRange=True
bShowCapture=True
bStrongDefense=True
bListFlag=True
bUseDTASScoreboard=True
bUseDTASHud=True
bUseMapTimes=False
bFoxMode=True
bBotSupport=True
bLastChance=True
bRoundSwitch=True
FoxTimeFactor=0.700000
CapRadius=650.000000
CapHeight=960.000000

Any clue???

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Haper/Cleeus or whom ever is concerned.

I'd like the permision to release a new version of DTAS, with all online hardcoded settings removed. If it needs to be called something else, I don't care. I just want to be able to change capture settings and times as I like online.... on my server. Thank you.

EDIT: Chatted with Cleeus on MSN. Don't you love Instant messenging :)

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
On second thought, I'd like to release a new mutator which would basically be DTAS 1.61 with more flexible settings. Perhaps with minor bug fixes.

I will call it YaTAS (Yet Another TAS). That way they will be no confusion for the poor DTAS players. ;)_ I guess that's the main reason settings were hardcoded.

Last edited:

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Hi all,

Well, Harper and me are out of business anyway, so I don't think that either of us is in a position to veto a new version of DTAS, it's been a community property anyway.
But I support/suggest the following things:

a) Make a community poll and let people decide whether they want a new DTAS mode without hardcoded online settings

b) Use a different name and filename (geo: take a look at the code, iirc we even published the gamemode in the online browser through a dirty hack)

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
a) I think Admins are trusted people here and they dont hide their settings,so.
So people can choose their prefered settings/server...
or i didn't understand why online settings are hardcoded.
b...) :eek:

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Lemon: From what I read and understand, the reason it was hardcoded was
- Because they think these are the best settings for DTAS
- Because they didn't want to confuse the DTAS players

For the second point, I suggest using a new name.
For the first... well... I'll answer that the "Best Settings" is a question of personal taste and it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Whatever i still like the rules Cleeus and Harper providen, also, after many years it could be fun to test different rules.(here comes Geo)

@Cleeus&Harper: Guys, whatever the choices you took about rules, you must know i have a deep respect for your work, i know few players (including me) who wouldn't stay here, all those years, without a game mode like DTAS.:)

Long live DTAS. Welcome YaTAS (or GeoTAS or whatever u want :p).

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Don't make it look like harper and cleeus are some kind of coding nazis who think they know better what is best for dtas. You have to understand DTAS wasn't built in a day, it has a long history of changes. Most of the suggestions posted recently have already been discussed in the past, some even tested, and they were all discarded for a reason. I'm not saying dtas is the perfect gametype, nor that it can't be improved, but before you modify anything try to ask yourself why dtas hasn't changed much in all these years and yet is as popular as ever.

That said, good luck modifying the mut. ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
ant75 said:
but before you modify anything try to ask yourself why dtas hasn't changed much in all these years.
Due to the same reason why so many possible things weren't made, because nobody f*cking cares.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Yeah sure, that's why there has been several dtas threads with dozens of pages of discussion...

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
...people settled upon what seemed to be the best settings to play, adjustments were made, with behind it the will to promote teamplay and clearly differentiate (sp?) DTAS from TDM games.
IIRC, one euro server (can't remember which one) tried the one-man cap implementing a modified DTAS version, it was called YAGM, maybe you should look in that direction before going through code once again (unless you want to elaborate further ;))

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Anyone still around to help with the below error on DTAS?

Edit: NM - I'm a idiot - I put it in as "InfilDTAS_1_61" and not as "InfilDTAS_1_61.DTAS"

Add mutator InfilDTAS_1_61
Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Failed to load 'Class None.InfilDTAS_1_61': Can't resolve package name

Last edited: