New DTAS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Good idea (although wrong thread ;) )

n1 scoreboard is doing a tiny bit already by counting cd-carrier kill fivefold. It's easy to come with a lot of aspects that should affect score... it just needs someone to code... and JgkDo is most probably the wrong ones to be asked ;)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Potential bug?

The other day I made it past 60 points on the scoreboard, and it reset all the way back down to 0 and started counting up again from there. I tried my best to recreate this that night, but was only able to get into the 50s.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Sorry this was the wrong thread for my suggestion. Any idea where the proper thread is? I was unable to locate it myself and was pointed in this direction mistakenly.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
Nukeproof said:
and JgkDo is most probably the wrong ones to be asked
What makes you say that :D
Crowze said:
Could you add a little description of what's on the DTAS scoreboard to the mutate dtashelp info?
I released a new version including this, the bonus for preventing a cap and the fox boni.
I also removed the sanctuary mode mainly because it wasted to many line numbers for the statistical insignificance (1.79%) it had (plus the codeblock looked ugly).
Another change is the propagation of the DTAS score to Gamespy. Plz adress all complaints to Cleeus, it was his idea :rolleyes:
keihaswarrior said:
The first round seems to always be TDM instead of FOX. We have to vote a reset to play FOX.
This problem is caused by my fix for inter round joins. Actually it should work but doesn't because bots doesn't seem to be alive in the first round.
keihaswarrior said:
The flag spawned in the middle of nowhere during a FOX, DTAS switch. I only saw it happen once on Bocage.
That's very vague. Maybe it just happened because there was a DTAS->FOX switch during the first 15 seconds and then later a switch back which made it appear suddenly.

Last edited:

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
GameSpy is the UDP querying protocoll of UT, players use it to see whether there are players on a server, what map currently is running, ...
basically everything you can see in the INF Browser and a bit more.

DTAS now transmitts the score via gamespy too.

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
Must agree with Nukeproof, tripping on a teammate claymore cause your score to go back at 0 which I find a bit hard considering a TK is -4. It's already bad you killed yourself (the humiliation) I don't think more then -2 is justified (Also, the scoring system was based mainly on positive rewarding and only negative rewarding for really bad things).

Also the 1.59 readme was not updated for the new scores (the bonus for preventing a cap and the fox boni).

EDIT: I also have some questions on the working of "mutate iamthechoosenone". It seems like sometimes I always put the flag even if since I joined the server I haven't done any "mutate iamthechoosenone" commands (and my teammates haven't done "mutate iamnotworthy").

-Is "mutate iamthechoosenone" works as long as you are connected to the server (for multiple maps in a row)? If yes, then it means that if I quit the game betweens 2 maps, the next time I join the server the "mutate iamthechoosenone" will be activited?

Last edited:

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
frenchfrog said:
tripping on a teammate claymore cause your score to go back at 0 which I find a bit hard considering a TK is -4.
Thx for a pattern, I always tried killing myself with nades but never got my score to drop, I guess I have to try some more creative methods :D

frenchfrog said:
Also the 1.59 readme was not updated for the new scores (the bonus for preventing a cap and the fox boni).
If you want to, you can send me an update for it, I would be very happy to include it ;)

frenchfrog said:
EDIT: I also have some questions on the working of "mutate iamthechoosenone". It seems like sometimes I always put the flag even if since I joined the server I haven't done any "mutate iamthechoosenone" commands (and my teammates haven't done "mutate iamnotworthy").

-Is "mutate iamthechoosenone" works as long as you are connected to the server (for multiple maps in a row)? If yes, then it means that if I quit the game betweens 2 maps, the next time I join the server the "mutate iamthechoosenone" will be activited?
Here are the facts about iamthechosenone/iamnotworthy:
- there are three kinds of players: those who want to place the flag/be the fox (entered "mutate iamthechosenone"), normal ones (entered nothing), the unworthy(entered "mutate iamnotworthy")
- if there are ChosenOnes, one of them is picked randomly for the job
- if there are no ChosenOnes the last "normal" joiner is picked
- if there are only unworthy people, the last unworthy joiner is picked
- during map changes or reconnects all knowledge of those different groups get erased which means you have to choose your group again

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Cool :)

Another idea: How about making the flag-placing time mapsize dependant? (idea floating around for a while)

I have no clue wether you can check the edge lenght of a map easily, but something like 5s per 100m circumference might work well. Like it is now 15s standard you can cross half the map on Crozny but hardly influence your defending position on Vietnam.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
There are some problems with map size influence on anything:
1) Usually the map size is WAY bigger than the actual walkable area
2) You have to decide whether you use square (x and y axis) or cubic (xyz) size for measurement. The first would result in z-axis maps having a ridicoulous small map place time the latter would mean that map height would influence placing time which is even worth than the walkable area problem.

IMO it would be better to connect flag placing time to map time instead. I would add a bool ini setting so you can choose between the standard 5-15 seconds or the first 2% of map time.
A 2% of map time setting would lead to placing times like:

Map Time - Placing Time
===================
8min - 9,6(10)
10min - 12
12min - 14,4(14)
15min - 18
20min - 24

Last edited: