It's here! Hyrulian's UT2k4 Message Colorizer!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TyeFang

Ambassador
phil said:
So your telling me a white dot or ¤ wouldnt be just as much of an "advatage"? :rolleyes: I don't know about you guys but I tend to aim and watch for bodies not names. :)

OH **** WHAT IF I WAS USING A NAME THAT WAS AN UNSHOWABLE ASCII CHARACTER I WOULD TOTALLY HAVE AN ADVATAGE THEN! YOU GUYS WOULDNT BE ABLE TO FIND ME!

You make no sense at all. :lol:

- Tye

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Hey guys I totally see what you mean! Watch this video I shot! YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY RIGHT! TOTAL ADVANTAGE!

cheatname.gif

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Once again, a few people ruin a good thing for everyone, and rather than police it ourselves, we wait for the powers that be to make a law against it. Really, it can't be that hard to:

A) add some client-side options to turn off name colors
B) validate names so that they're not obnoxious. FFS, I can do it in korn shell, why can't it be done in a real language? Regular expressions are our friends.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Oh boy, now we're onto the last word game! My turn!

Now I get the last word tye, may I call you tye btw? or maybe "that guy" would be better for you?

-tye, errr phil I mean

P.S. signing your posts is kind of silly.

P.P.S. I won the arguement. :)

P.P.P.S. I'm also better looking than you.

P.P.P.P.S. You really had no chance as your opinion on the matter was pretty dumb.

P.P.P.P.P.S. >insult about your heritage<

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. To hammer it in again how really truely stupid your arguement is:
cheatname.gif

Last edited:

CitizenZer0

Spoonman
Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
It distracts from the game. Colored server names is really dumb because everyone and their dog starts to use them and you get a nice headache trying to look at them.

Do you not like colored pictures brizz? Do they give you headaches?

You complain about having headaches, yet you sit in front of your computer screen for probably 40+ hours a week, and I'm taking the piss and saying your monitor isn't monochromatic.

Last edited:

[-Radium-]

Waiting to Respawn
Apr 7, 2001
Visit site
Ok, for once i agree with Phil. Up until that last post at least :con:
I personnally like the idea of colourising ones nick. Admittedly some of the colours available suck, and some idiots want to have bright red with bright green which just looks wrong. But there has been some really nice usage of the colours. I've seen numerous people using 2 different shades of the same colour and the compliment each other totally.
Yes, they could get rid of the stupid colour idea like black.
Yes, the text messages are totally screwed and slightly distracting at the moment.
But then, they could easily make a "Disable Colours" option.
So imo, getting rid of the colours completely is just silly. And as for the people that claim that having a green nick in the bottom corner is 10 times more annoying than a yellow, red or blue nick, i really don't get where you are coming from. Maybe you all used arent used to it, but i havent really seen a really good reason to remove it yet.
Maybe a good temporary solution is to remove it until full support with disable options and toning down of colours arrives.
I'd rather it stayed around though.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
TyeFang said:
That's not my argument.

- Learn to read
- Learn to spell

Tye

EDIT: ps. :lol:

Spelling troll!

<--new last word holder now! HA! HA! This is an awesome internet arguement we are having. Now its your turn to call me dumb or something so you can get the last word!

-tye
Edit: I mean phil

Last edited:

TyeFang

Ambassador
:)

Radium, actually, I kinda like the colors, too. I would like to see some client side options, and perhaps an allowed range of colors to prevent black text, etc, but it would be nice to have the option to use color text around...especially for clan battles. I like seeing clan tags in color, for example. :tup:

- Tye

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Please play nice here.

Respect each others opinions without being harsh to each other.
Whatever options there will b in a game, there will always be people for and people against.

I do agree that it should be an clientside option to turn the colorising off.
A default color option can't be to hard to implement.

Or why not turn everying into black and white? ;)

Raistlyn

Apr 16, 2004
Do you need a certain font or language pack for this to work? I wanted to do Rais in black and tlyn in white and I used your program, but they just showed up as 4 boxes for black and something else for white. I know thats not what the code is supposed to look like and when I pasted it into the notepad file it didnt do anything. Help please?!