It's here! Hyrulian's UT2k4 Message Colorizer!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
Alright, gentlemen, the Linux colorizer is here aswell!
You need atleast Python 2.3, GTK 2.x and PyGTK 2.x for this to work, but most recent distros should have that. (Except maybe python 2.3)
If you're running GTK 2.0 or later and it doesn't work, tell me. I didn't really check how backwards compatible it is, but I'll fix it if it doesn't work.
I'm not going to bother making it compatible with python 2.2 or earlier however, so upgrade. :p

[UPDATE] Fixed a backwards compatibility bug already. :p

Here it is: http://g-lite.kochen.nl/colorizer.py

And ofcourse, everybody likes screenshots:
colorizer.jpg

(Some parts in the screenshots are dutch, but they're really installation dependant and should appear in your installation's language. Everything english is and stays english though :p)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
was I the only one that knew that this worked? :con: I didn't like it in XMP so I never used it there and I didn't like it here either so I don't use it...but I knew about it...

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
DonVincenzo said:
Nice tool.
I get a "Runtime Error: 521 Cannot open Clipboard" whenever I click on the "Copy to clipboard!" button.
I'll be trying to see if I can get that error to happen.

Hanover_Fist said:
I get an error when trying to unzip this:

"Compressed Zip folder is Corrupted or Invalid"
Hmm...I've rechecked all my zip files in both WinZip and Windows' own Compressed Folders feature, and they seem to work fine. You might want to try another program, or your download might have become corrupt.

Taleweaver said:
:hmm: I must say it's a good tool IF you already know how to use it. How about you add in a small tutorial to prevent your e-mail address from flooding with the same questions. Something like this one (feel free to copy/improve/remove grammar errors)
Thanks for writing that up; I was just being lazy after I finished coding that thing. Do you mind if I use your mini-tutorial in the help file of a future release?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
It messes up your name colors in some versions of UTcomp too. I'm not sure if it's the newer or older versions that have problems though. For me, this might make it kind of not worth it to use since I play on UTcomp servers over half the time. Regardless, nice work hyrulian.

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
yeh, and while youre at it couldnt you have made somethings to make teh game more funner????!!1 Like something to improves your aim during the game so you never miss the other guyes :rockon: :sniper:

- no seriously, that's an interesting little contribution. You really are devoted to this game!

Bonzo_Dog

Feb 20, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
In a little under 2 hours, I have written up a program in Visual Basic that makes it easy to copy and paste the codes needed to colorize your name and say/teamsay messages in UT2k4!

Attached below are some screen shots of the program in action.

Download Links:

UT2k4MC EXE: The UT2k4 Message Colorizer program by itself. Try this first. If you get errors (missing DLLs, OCXs, etc.) get the Installer instead (below).

UT2k4MC Installer: Easy-to-use installer comes with all the DLLs and OCXs necessary to run the program, along with an uninstaller.

UT2k4MC Source Code: Curious how this program works? You can download the complete Visual Basic 6 source code and take a look.
:) H`mm you are showing a distinct improvement my man , wana join the R.T.O. MODZ Team ? :) here is a new skin we just finished :mad: but it only works on Honda bikes 2000 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein ---> DOH!

Attachments

• PIC00008.jpg
    PIC00008.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Nice how when we find something neat and interesting they have to take it away.

I'm sure they're prepared for the people who won't patch either. Somehow there'll be "too many important fixes" in the next patch and "we're sorry it won't be backwards compatible".

Man, epic is so cool in some ways and then so friggin pedantic in others.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Neat and interesting? I don't think so. It was in XMp and it was a FREAKING PAIN in there. It was hard as crud to figure out who was on your team and not at distances...and most of them did it to confuse you.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Hey, how do I color just one letter? I just want to colorize the "Z" in my name, and have the other letters standard yellow. Can that be done?

I don't think Dr. Sin is going to find a fix for this any time soon ;)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
There something wrong with looking at skin colours, or on which side of the scoreboard people are on? Or have these somehow been disabled?

edit: oh yeah Brizz, while I got yer attention here, you never did fix Fullammo to give one-ammo weapons infinite ammo instead of automatically switching and emptying :p

Last edited by a moderator: